British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Edinburgh Monarchs ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, April 23rd (5.30pm)

he has ridden here before in an amateur meeting. Track surface is a lot different to league racing but showing he has the bottle. Aussie tracks are notoriously small so Edinburgh should suit him. Took to the open, wide bends well.

Posted by dhr himself in Wolves 2017 post#1637

First of all I have had no contact with any clubs so far let alone wolves, so I don't think you need to worry about myself.

Regarding the average, all I can go with is the information that I have been given, which is 6.72\1.4=4.80

David

Edited by dhr, 20 April 2017 - 03:49 PM.

6.72 is his Championship average as a signing and 4.80 is his Premiership average as a signing, in that instance he was talking about the Premiership and people moaning that his average was awfully low

I thought riders had the same Premiership average as their Championship average? e.g. Danny King 9.57 in both leagues... Why isn't Howe the same? Can someone explain?

I thought riders had the same Premiership average as their Championship average? e.g. Danny King 9.57 in both leagues... Why isn't Howe the same? Can someone explain?

Your suggestion that it doesn't make sense, is correct. I can only imagine that some numbskull thinks that because David last rode in 2015 that the conversion rate for that year applies. Of course it should not, that would be the case only if he was going to ride in the old Elite League, which no longer exists.

Having said that, I suppose there is a possibility that after the first set of averages are issued, both leagues will revert to a limit of 42 with a conversion factor between leagues. That might be what they mean regarding David's average, ie 4.8 after the first Premiership averages are issued. They are really going to tie themselves in knots here.

• Like 1

Your suggestion that it doesn't make sense, is correct. I can only imagine that some numbskull thinks that because David last rode in 2015 that the conversion rate for that year applies. Of course it should not, that would be the case only if he was going to ride in the old Elite League, which no longer exists.

Having said that, I suppose there is a possibility that after the first set of averages are issued, both leagues will revert to a limit of 42 with a conversion factor between leagues. That might be what they mean regarding David's average, ie 4.8 after the first Premiership averages are issued. They are really going to tie themselves in knots here.

Yes when the averages become proper the conversion rate applies like it always has done

I thought it was the same only if you rode in both leagues and the conversion rate is only applied if you ride in one up or down i may be way out as the rules are as clear as mud.

I thought it was the same only if you rode in both leagues and the conversion rate is only applied if you ride in one up or down i may be way out as the rules are as clear as mud.

only the same for the initial declarations.

After first set of new averages each rider will have an average for each league again - converted if need be.