British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar Bears V Newcastle Diamonds Championship Thursday 27th April 2017

I don't think it gets worse than Worky. I remember 3 separate occasions where 3 different fans caused problems. There was a time I got chips thrown at me, parents did nothing. Second time, I was 12 and a grown adult threatened to hit me because I cheered for my rider winning a race. Then recently, a fan bumped into me and then demanded an apology for walking into him. I was standing still. It's one of the reasons I rarely go to Worky.

There are unpleasant supporters at any track. When I've been to worky, I've sat next to some very pleasant worky supporters who actually applauded some of the races where a Newcastle rider had won a good race.

My daughter was cheering on all Newcastle riders quite vociferously, with no untoward comments.

I guess it just depends if you are unlucky to be stood or sat next to somebody who ruins your meeting.

Edited by idanthyrsus
  • Like 1

Half the Workington fans were giving JBA abuse last night when Mason fell, and the start girls giving Garrity abuse

Half the Workington fans were giving JBA abuse last night when Mason fell, and the start girls giving Garrity abuse

that will be 2 of them, being half !

i for one cant see the girls giving jason grief .

where did this take place , on the start line in full view of the ref or was it as jason was speeding down the home straight and the girls were running beside him ( @ 60 mph ) throwing insults ?

they are pleasant kids and enjoy their speedway and are keen as ( you know the word ) .

so unless you heard or seen the gesturers the girls were giving jas .i dont think you are correct in your assumption .

with regards to one away fan getting some stick 3 times from a worky fan , all i can say is he must have been unlucky and met the same fan 3 times .

there are always bell enders at tracks , you just gotta deal with it and enjoy what you came to see .

its like the time a kings lynn fan accused someone of throwing a flare at them . it was a stray firework from the display at the end of the meeting . we dont have money to burn . we spend it on essentials .

i nave never seen a flare at workington speedway . maybe the kl fan brought it with them and it went wrong . thats another angle to look at it !

there will always be someone who wants to give an excuse as to why they dont want to travel somewhere .

dont bad mouth the club or true fans .

PS . mason and jba were close , but it was a racing incident . could have gone either way .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

I think its crazy we are not running the following weekend, but two weeks off to be had for me.

with a rained off fixture to catch up with and a replay in the KOCup, it seems bizarre not to try and use 7th May, unless the stadium is unavailable, (don't think there is many other fixtures that day) :(

There are unpleasant supporters at any track. When I've been to worky, I've sat next to some very pleasant worky supporters who actually applauded some of the races where a Newcastle rider had won a good race.

My daughter was cheering on all Newcastle riders quite vociferously, with no untoward comments.

I guess it just depends if you are unlucky to be stood or sat next to somebody who ruins your meeting.

Dead right :approve: although some are worse than others.

Cradley probably head the list for me but even then its a small minority.

with a rained off fixture to catch up with and a replay in the KOCup, it seems bizarre not to try and use 7th May, unless the stadium is unavailable, (don't think there is many other fixtures that day) :(

Explained by George in last weeks "wrap-a-round" that with Newcastle Utd's last Championship match being played on that day, and "with so many of our staff both front of house and on the track having other priorities that day along with so many medical staff members then we decided to cancel that date all together rather than risking not being able to fulfill our statutory staffing requirements."

Explained by George in last weeks "wrap-a-round" that with Newcastle Utd's last Championship match being played on that day, and "with so many of our staff both front of house and on the track having other priorities that day along with so many medical staff members then we decided to cancel that date all together rather than risking not being able to fulfill our statutory staffing requirements."

that makes sense, but a did'nt get the "wrap-a-round" so was'nt aware of it, thanks