British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cardley V Lakeside 1/5/17 (monmore Wood)

Do not think Lakeside will be as strong without Zack,,..I hope Greaves has one of his better nights,,This could go either way depending on individual performances some of which are a bit up and down at the moment,, and the state of the track,,being the second part of a double header..

Greaves out scored clegg and perks against RH last week didn't he?

Greaves has been going well so far this season, so would say very good guest as obviously knows the Monmore track very well

:drink: Do not think Lakeside will be as strong without Zack,,..I hope Greaves has one of his better nights,,This could go either way depending on individual performances some of which are a bit up and down at the moment,, and the state of the track,,being the second part of a double header..

The track is not a worry. Unlike many tracks around the country Monmore don't go blue after 4 heats. :drink:

• Like 1

Greaves has been going well so far this season, so would say very good guest as obviously knows the Monmore track very well

It is a good choice. Not many NL heat leaders have ridden as many laps around Monmore lately as Greaves.

It is a good choice. Not many NL heat leaders have ridden as many laps around Monmore lately as Greaves.

And he'll have a few more before this one.

Was not at Wolverhampton for the Cradley match on Monday, but from a distance it looks like one that got away !

Big question is whether Zach would have outscored the guest Greaves. Shame we have to lose our own asset

when there is a clash and it may prove decisive when it comes to Play Off places. Noticed that Perks has not

appeared for Buxton...why am I not surprised ?

Greaves was good to be fair, he came down while battling with Ayres for the lead - I would say Zach would have scored similar points

An enjoyable meeting, luckily with few restarts it was completed within an hour and a half after the Wolves meeting (which itself moved at a nice pace). I'm sure David Mason will be feeling second hand this morning after a bit of a pearler.

Nice to get back to winning ways with a few away trips coming up

• Like 1

Well if its a choice of Premier League or National League for entertainment, on last night's showing I will take the latter.

Lakeside gave it a real good go and Morley and Greaves were involved in some cracking races towards the end of the meeting.

Have to confess I was a little disappointed to only win by six and allow Lakeside to take a league point. Dan Greenwood and Joe Lawlor were clearly having a few bike problems all night. That said congrats to Lakeside on a gutsy performance.

Contrast that with the 'warm up' event between the Dog Heads and Kings Lynn. Pretty poor from an entertainment point of view IMO. Chris Holder had a shocker. Fully expect him to be popping up at reserve for Poole in time for the Play Offs!

Take some good thoughts from the comments by Ommer Mon....Maybe our Hammers team in the new league this year will give us

something to cheer about after all. N.L. is a much better league than people who support upper league teams will admit. In any case,

with a big change to TV arrangements that I keep hearing about, the old Elite teams may have to have a re-think about rider strength.

• Like 1

I think if people come to watch National League with an open mind they will enjoy it. You can get some cracking meetings at this level, probably more so than the processional Premier League. At NL things happen, mistakes are made and you do get some close racing from genuinely good kids coming through, which is great for the sport.

Cradley fans have been brought up watching the very best riders in the world (one of them still is!) so we were all a bit hesitant about the quality of what would be on offer. I for one have been very happy with what has been served up for the last 7 years and new heros have emerged in Smart, Roynon, Worrall, Blackbird, Starke, Morris, Clegg and now Ayres (what a showman!).

Ok it's not Penhall, Gundersen, Pedersen and the 'H's but it's been good to see the progress that the likes of Worrall and Starke have made and they are now racking the points up at the top level.

If there are any doubters at Lakeside, I understand their concerns but they need to give it a go. They may be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 6