British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsbane

Somerset V Wolves Friday 5th May 19;30

Peter Adams has just stated on the radio after the King's Lynn meeting that Robert Lambert is guesting for Freddie in this one.

Peter Adams has just stated on the radio after the King's Lynn meeting that Robert Lambert is guesting for Freddie in this one.

He is riding Polish Extraleague for Rybnik- hence Wolves signing the form ;)

Surely unless this meeting is rearranged then they get no facility?

Edited by SCB

For god sake. Another match where a no.1 will be missing. That's Lindgren, Holder and Kasprzak now... although some might argue that Kasprzak and Holder have been missing all season ;)

However this match has been in the calendar since the start of the season so why the hell there is a facility, is anybodies guess. What a joke.

He is riding Polish Extraleague for Rybnik- hence Wolves signing the form ;)

Not sure what signing the form has to do with anything?

• Like 1

Just checked the international fixture list. The Polish meeting takes priority.

For god sake. Another match where a no.1 will be missing. That's Lindgren, Holder and Kasprzak now... although some might argue that Kasprzak and Holder have been missing all season ;)

However this match has been in the calendar since the start of the season so why the hell there is a facility, is anybodies guess. What a joke.

Not sure what signing the form has to do with anything?

The form means that every rider who rides Extraleague and Premiership ie Fricke, Holder, Kasprzak, Lindgren and Doyle will be in Poland in the event of a clash

( if selected by their Polish team) and I should imagine that a facility will be granted for every occasion.

The form means that every rider who rides Extraleague and Premiership ie Fricke, Holder, Kasprzak, Lindgren and Doyle will be in Poland in the event of a clash

( if selected by their Polish team) and I should imagine that a facility will be granted for every occasion.

I understand what that the form dictates it takes priority - but why the hell is there a facility? If these teams want to sign those riders then they should be prepared to have to be without them if they can't organise their fixture list accordingly.

Is this for the Poland v Australia test match on the 7th of May, or the normal league fixtures

Absolutely wonderful, its the fans who miss out yet again,No Kasprazak, no Holder and now no Freddie and they wonder why clubs are struggling for crowds.

I understand what that the form dictates it takes priority - but why the hell is there a facility? If these teams want to sign those riders then they should be prepared to have to be without them if they can't organise their fixture list accordingly.

The Powers-that- be just cannot win !! punters moaning today and refusing to attend because Bjerre, Hougaard Gomolski were missing with no facility, and then Wolves on Friday having to replace Lindgren with a no hoper !!!

Is this for the Poland v Australia test match on the 7th of May, or the normal league fixtures

The test match is on the 3rd and Somerset v Wolves is on the 5th when Rybnik are riding at home to Grudziadz.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

The Powers-that- be just cannot win !! punters moaning today and refusing to attend because Bjerre, Hougaard Gomolski were missing with no facility, and then Wolves on Friday having to replace Lindgren with a no hoper !!!

The test match is on the 3rd and Somerset v Wolves is on the 5th when Rybnik are riding at home to Grudziadz.

As I said in my previous post - it's just poor fixture planning.

I would assume that Wolves will be not only without Lindgren but no Masters and no Riss either.

Edited by Najjer

Lambert is guesting for Masters isn't he?

I wasn't aware that Freddie was missing. Riss is missing too. Not sure what the point in even bothering is when pretty much half our team is missing.

As I said in my previous post - it's just poor fixture planning.

I would assume that Wolves will be not only without Lindgren but no Masters and no Riss either.

Looks that way, Edinburgh v Workington Friday 5th, going to be a team of guests for the Wolves.

Looks that way, Edinburgh v Workington Friday 5th, going to be a team of guests for the Wolves.

Again, I refer to my previous post that what pi$$ poor planning this is. I know Riss has only recently signed but knowing that Lindgren and Masters were going to be missing is taking the biscuit. I'm going to assume Kurtz will be guesting also?

Thought the priority for Ekstraliga matches was only in respect of rearranged fixtures? If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected

EDIT:Before anyone else does it, I'll correct myself. I've just re-read the original article, which I clearly misinterpreted

Edited by womble53