British Speedway Forum

How did he stay in Austrailia for so long without becoming an Austrailian citizen ?

Read the post from 1 valve below. Yet again posting an assumption with no back up. So you still have no proof.

1. As a dependent (child) of a man (his Dad) who had the appropriate visa.

2. As a professional sportsman with the appropriate visa

Yep fair play to him. But does sod all for british speedway when he claims to be british..

He doesn't claim it, he is.

Read the post from 1 valve below. Yet again posting an assumption with no back up. So you still have no proof.

He doesn't claim it, he is.

But still doesn't do bugger all for british speedway. Unless it suits..

Which is the same as the BSPA.

• Like 1

Exactly - he doesn't do bugger all for British speedway. You said it!

In case you haven't worked it out - it's a double negative!

Having known Rob Woffinden in Perth and seeing Tai in the Claremont pits since a tiny kid I class him as an Aussie...he may or may not have citizenship and his birth certificate may say English but in everything but name he is Australian..

..still perfectly entitled to ride for England ...English born..English parents .but he is still Australian in all but name..

And yes he doesn't do anything for English speedway...but after all its an individual sport masquerading as a team sport and you only have a shortish career so young got to look after number 1..

Edited by Bruiser McHuge

Doesn't Rory have a British wife? I'm sure someone posted this before. This would entitle him to residency and, after 5 years, citizenship if he remained a resident for those 5 years.

I've still to see a decisive reason given for Tai to qualify for Aussie citizenship.

Tais parents would of ended up being Australian citizens thus making Tai one as well when he was a kid?

I would be stunned if Tai Woffinden is not an Australian citizen. Im going through visa process myself here so would be quite interested to know

Edited by Pinny

Guest GiveusaB

So, if as the forum suggests that Tai does have Aussie citizenship and yet he chooses to represent Team GB....shouldn't we be applauding him? (ok, present situation excepted....but that could change)

Let's face it, what chance has he of winning any International team honours riding for us? yet if he rode for Australia, then they'd probably give the Poles a run for their money!?

I think we should get behind Tai and support his views/efforts to try and bring our riders up to the international standard of our counterparts ?

It's the draconian, out of touch views of the BSPA that is buggering up everything to do with British speedway (imo) NOT the best rider we've ever had wear a Team GB vest !!!

Cant see another GB rider getting in to the GPs for many years to come.......

So, if as the forum suggests that Tai does have Aussie citizenship and yet he chooses to represent Team GB....shouldn't we be applauding him? (ok, present situation excepted....but that could change)

Let's face it, what chance has he of winning any International team honours riding for us? yet if he rode for Australia, then they'd probably give the Poles a run for their money!?

I think we should get behind Tai and support his views/efforts to try and bring our riders up to the international standard of our counterparts ?

It's the draconian, out of touch views of the BSPA that is buggering up everything to do with British speedway (imo) NOT the best rider we've ever had wear a Team GB vest !!!

I don't agree with any of that. How can Britain improve if our best rider refuses to ride for us, and bring along his experience? He would rather go galavanting off for a weeks holiday than do the right and honorable thing of representing his nation! God forbid he has most of October, November, December, January, February and March for holidays!

How the hell can the bspa be blamed for Woffinden being tired mid season?

Yep. Get behind Woffinden and give his backside a shove with a boot straight out of the exit door.

• Like 2

when Tai CHOSE to be British , he had the option to be an Australian ,theres an end to the citizenship argument. HE CHOSE I.E had the option to be Australian , Now you don't need the memory of an elephant nor the brain of Einstein to remember why he took the 1 of 2 choices of nationality , Here's a question for the Tai lovers on here , Has he ever qualified for the GP series via the route everyone else took ,or did the British wildcard open the door where he has remained since ?

Guest GiveusaB

when Tai CHOSE to be British , he had the option to be an Australian ,theres an end to the citizenship argument. HE CHOSE I.E had the option to be Australian , Now you don't need the memory of an elephant nor the brain of Einstein to remember why he took the 1 of 2 choices of nationality , Here's a question for the Tai lovers on here , Has he ever qualified for the GP series via the route everyone else took ,or did the British wildcard open the door where he has remained since ?

Not really a valid debate imo......he's one of the best riders in the world, so it makes no difference what route he took......he's still a 2 x World Champion and more to come hopefully!

If we as British fans are serious about improving the standard and quality of our homegrown talent, then we'd over throw the BSPA and get behind Team Woffinden!

Tai has already stated that he'd love nothing more than buying the rights of Team GB ? if that's not patriotic enough for you, then I dont know what is?

Let's just sit back and watch every other nation whip our ass !!!

Not really a valid debate imo......he's one of the best riders in the world, so it makes no difference what route he took......he's still a 2 x World Champion and more to come hopefully!

If we as British fans are serious about improving the standard and quality of our homegrown talent, then we'd over throw the BSPA and get behind Team Woffinden!

Tai has already stated that he'd love nothing more than buying the rights of Team GB ? if that's not patriotic enough for you, then I dont know what is?

Let's just sit back and watch every other nation whip our ass !!!

I'm not attempting to debate I was asking a question . so has he or hasn't he ?

Your lack of knowledge is outstanding i applaud you.

Yes Tai got into the GP through the wildcard route. That would have happened what ever country he represented. He is a better rider than Holder and Ward so why wouldnt he have had a wildcard??

• Like 1

Tais parents would of ended up being Australian citizens thus making Tai one as well when he was a kid?

I would be stunned if Tai Woffinden is not an Australian citizen. Im going through visa process myself here so would be quite interested to know

They may or may not have. I know plent of people who have moved to the UK but never taken up citizenship, so it's certainly not a given.

Either way, though, he is British both by birth and by descent. You can't get more British than that!

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I'm not attempting to debate I was asking a question . so has he or hasn't he ?

So, the point your trying to make is....that he's only chose to represent Britain for an easier passage in to the Gp's ??? which really is scraping the 'anti' Tai barrel imo !

And to 2nd Gavan's point....there's only Doyle that's on par with him and he wasn't even heard of (internationally speaking)when Tai entered the Gp's???

So, the point your trying to make is....that he's only chose to represent Britain for an easier passage in to the Gp's ??? which really is scraping the 'anti' Tai barrel imo !

And to 2nd Gavan's point....there's only Doyle that's on par with him and he wasn't even heard of (internationally speaking)when Tai entered the Gp's???

Your banging your head mate trying to debate or reason with people with their heads buried or a lack of intellect