British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kermitfrog

Glasgow - International Speedway Championship Cancelled

So this years international speedway championship has been cancelled!

Honestly I think this is quite embarrising, as sureley you would arrange all the riders first instead of arranging it on the run up to it! Gutted to say the least, also now means that we wont have another meeting till the 27th after tomorrow, feels too dragged out at the moment for a league which was meant to see more meetings.

Honestly I think this is quite embarrising, as sureley you would arrange all the riders first instead of arranging it on the run up to it! Gutted to say the least, also now means that we wont have another meeting till the 27th after tomorrow, feels too dragged out at the moment for a league which was meant to see more meetings.

Unfortunate that this has had to be put to the back burner but it was strange to hold this when teams are trying to get as many meetings in early

What i do agree with you on is the home fixtures which is stop start at the moment but i am sure they will be trying to get someone up next weekend.

One of the problems was the KOC match with Newcastle and Workington ending in a draw as one of the dates was our match against the winners.Teams were asked to help to fill in open dates no one available, hopefully we keep in mind

Disappointed that it has been cancelled but on the grand scheme of things it is fairly irrelevant. Much rather watch team speedway than individuals trying set ups etc.

• Like 2

Bit of tadpole and spawn here. Do you raise a field without announcing you're having a meeting.or annouce the meeting first? :blink::cheers:

Get a couple of riders interested and signed up, announce the meeting and then fill in the blanks after...

What's this meeting, just an individual?

It has been cancelled due to a lack of rider availability .

it was an individual meeting.

Edited by Gazc

Get a couple of riders interested and signed up, announce the meeting and then fill in the blanks after...

No doubting that the Tigers riders would have been in the field. :t::cheers:

• Like 1

Looking at the timings of the BT Sport fixtures, there is going to be very little opportunity to reschedule this year if involved in the playoffs. Championship winner has to be decided by the start of October.

No doubting that the Tigers riders would have been in the field. :t::cheers:

Probably, and I'm sure a lot of local and nearby teams' riders would have jumped at the opportunity

What's this meeting, just an individual?

Yeah one of those silly individual fixture fillers , hopefully it's team only fixtures now until the end of the season .