British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

1961- The Times Of The Four British Match Title Races Between Fundin And Knutsson At Southampton And Norwich.?

I wondered if someone can help me with the race times of the British Match race title races between Ove Fundin and Bjorn Knutsson at Southampton and Norwich in 1961.I have the programmes just need the times, Knutsson did the impossible by beating Fundin in two 2.0 runs at Southampton and Norwich.

I wondered if someone can help me with the race times of the British Match race title races between Ove Fundin and Bjorn Knutsson at Southampton and Norwich in 1961.I have the programmes just need the times, Knutsson did the impossible by beating Fundin in two 2.0 runs at Southampton and Norwich.

1961- The Times Of The Four British Match Title Races Between Fundin And Knutsson At Southampton And Norwich.?

Gosh Sidney the robin! You deserve an award - for probably the longest ever title to a thread on the BSF. And, re the query, have you tried looking on the Speedway Researcher? :lol:

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk

Edited by Guest

Gosh Sidney the robin! You deserve an award - for probably the longest ever title to a thread on the BSF. And, re the query, have you tried looking on the Speedway Researcher? :lol:

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk

Thanks for that i think one of the match races was in the Southampton V Swindon fixture i will have a look thanks again.

Think you could have made the title slightly shorter by spelling Bjorn's surname as Knutson,which I believe is correct lol

Think you could have made the title slightly shorter by spelling Bjorn's surname as Knutson,which I believe is correct lol

I dont know if he was born with that spelling Knutson but Knutsson is the spelling i have in every programme magazine and most importantly on the WC roll of honour.😀😄 Edited by Sidney the robin

Guest compost

Details from Speedway Researcher website

22nd August

As part of the South of England Cup meeting between Southampton & New Cross

Heat 1 time 62.2

Heat 2 time 62.0

1st September

As part of a challenge match between Norwich & Belle Vue

Heat 1 71.4

Heat 2 71.2

All won by Knutsson (or Knutson maybe !)

Yes Did.He was born with that spelling and when he came to Britain they spelt his name wrong and it stuck.His FIM medal is also spell wring and he was always too polite to correct anyone

Thanks Compost great stuff Knutson 😜🤓was one of the greats i did not ever see ride a great rider in a tough era.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Sorry to be pedantic but it's Björn (note the umlaut) which I believe means bear in Swedish and not Bjorn .

• Like 1

Absolutely.Just umlauts do not seem to have taken off in the UK.OK for me being in Germany,but even the other world champ with an umlaut in his name normally gets known as Muller,not Mü

I mentioned this once before on this forum. The evening after the second leg of the match race was the British Final, at Wembley. As I was going in to watch it, l was handed a leaflet, and on the leaflet were the names of those two riders who were to have a neutral track run-off at Wembley, in the event of Ove winning the second leg. Sadly, the run-off did not take place, but l knew that as soon as l read that leaflet.