British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Leicester V Wolves 15th May

Hate to see teams beaten out of sight at home so I do hope the team changes for Leicester improve them. Well done to Maximum men Fred, Jacob & Rory. They have found another gear this season.

• Like 1

As I expected, this was an easy Wolves win, but I never imagined it to be so one sided. To win only 2 heats at home is a disgraceful effort on behave of Leicester, but one has to appreciate just how strong is this Wolves side ?? To win away by that margin does the sport no favours. Lions supporters will feel uneasy the way their team folded against such onslaught, and no doubt will question their desire to go when results go that bad...

They shouldn't feel too bad though , as I can see other teams falling to the all-round strength of Wolves. When it appears most clubs are struggling to assemble a decent side within the restraint of the rules and riders, This Wolves side has risen to the challenge to dominate. I can see this sport being a dreadful one sided affair.... and that's the last thing we want.....

Great Performance by Wolves.

Amazing to have 3 riders unbeaten by the opposition away from home.

Schlein deserves special mention as he earned most of his points the hard way - Heat 10 involving Schlein and Nilsson was excellent.

At the moment we are definitely the best balanced team in the league.

A superb performance from the best team in the league. We can't argue with that beating. 4 very good heat leaders in the side, backed up by Howarth and Masters. Riss is a find, like wise our version. Greaves must feel blessed that there is not much pressure on him to bang in the points.

Imagine the score last night if Howarth had got his gating gloves with him.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Massive win, Wolves must be faves now to finish top, Belle Vue and Poole looking vulnerable after the surprise home defeats to unfancied Somerset and Swindon.

Hope the league stays close, don't want to see Leicester and Somerset as whipping boys.

Have Wolves never finished top, they've won it a few times?

Edited by beefy keefy

Wolves look like the team to beat, but one wonders if they are peaking too early like we did in 2014.

Looking like Wolves are the team to beat with the team they now have. If they steer clear of injuries, it could be back to back titles for them.

As I expected, this was an easy Wolves win, but I never imagined it to be so one sided. To win only 2 heats at home is a disgraceful effort on behave of Leicester, but one has to appreciate just how strong is this Wolves side ?? To win away by that margin does the sport no favours. Lions supporters will feel uneasy the way their team folded against such onslaught, and no doubt will question their desire to go when results go that bad...

They shouldn't feel too bad though , as I can see other teams falling to the all-round strength of Wolves. When it appears most clubs are struggling to assemble a decent side within the restraint of the rules and riders, This Wolves side has risen to the challenge to dominate. I can see this sport being a dreadful one sided affair.... and that's the last thing we want.....

What got me was the way we were out gated, how well the Wolves riders rode the 1st and 2nd bends and how much faster they were. Anyone would have thought we were the away side. Edited by Honey Monster

Four 5-1's in the last four heats would have seen us win by a point. Why are other teams able to come back against us yet we just fade away? It seems that some riders respond well to a good telling off (Kings Lynn at the interval) and the management are congratulated for doing so, but in the past the Lions haven't responded and the management have been castigated by the fans for moaning at the riders.

Do we need Mr or Mrs Motivation sat in the pits alongside the team? Doesn't seem to matter what we do, it just doesn't work for us. Answers on a postcard please to ...

Wolves were in a different class last night. If there had been another 15 heats with an exclusion rolled in, I don't think we'd have had a single 5-1.

Utterly pitiful and shameful performance.

Bring back the Hemsleys.

Shouldn't have changed the track it's been made far too friendly for away teams.

When I saw some of the predictions I had to smile. One of my fellow supporters asked me at the stadium if I thought Leicester would get 30 points. I replied yes but they wouldn't get 40. Totally predictable was this result for me.

Have Wolves never finished top, they've won it a few times?

We have won the play offs 2002, 2009, 2016 without topping the league.

• Like 1

Wolves team far stronger than the Leicester Lions last night - 4 riders in Lindgren, Thorssell, Masters and Schlein - who would not look out of place as Number 1 in the Lions team ! Wolves rode the track far better than the Lions ( albeit, King despite practice and Garrity to a lesser extent have yet to call it 'home' ) Even when Lions gated, Wolves were far quicker and more determined to ride the fast wide line especially so in the latter part of the meeting.

Very impressed with Mark Riss also - makes Wolves favourites for the title imo

Lions? Will not make play-offs with this team but should avoid bottom place ( imo Somerset ) Need King to get going, consistency from Kim Nilsson and better performances from Lasse Bjerre if we are to do it though ...

Cheers

Wolves were in a different class last night. If there had been another 15 heats with an exclusion rolled in, I don't think we'd have had a single 5-1.

Utterly pitiful and shameful performance.

Two race wins out of 15 says it all.