British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

Really? Can you post your source to this quite shocking and suprising information? Or are you one of BT Sports decision makers?

Kelvin was in front of camera in the pits with the girl who does the GP's, with Steve Brandon also in front of the camera in the pits but in trutch hardly used and a waste.

Nigel Pearce was not seen but with Kelvin in commentary. A good production similar to Sky.

Thanks

Would not be surprised one little bit if Lambert turns his back totally to ANY commitment in GB next year

Why?

He missed a qualifier so in no way should he have been allowed to ride in the final.. When riders dropped out , he quite rightly wasnt allowed in the final at the expense of the riders who had rode in the semi finals.

The rules were the top 8 from the 2 semi finals................im in favour of there being 2 wildcards.......but this year there wasnt.

Im a big fan of Lambert but you cant have different rules for different riders, based on ability. As it happened 1 of the replacements came 4th and was pretty much the rider of the night

Lol!

And you pick on starman for not being 'very clever'?

Another good post regarding the meeting

Cook takes a well deserved slot at Cardiff, just for the prestige are the meeting Reserves 2nd & 3rd ?

If they are I feel as it is the BRITISH GP then the 2nd reserve slot should be Bens rather than Rory who is still an Aussie ?.

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

It's always funny when someone shows themselves to be a bit thick after picking on someone for not being 'very clever' and in the same post where you explained why you're not a troll!

You're so much better at the personal insult, I think that's your level.

??

Do you know what the word troll means??

Little clue for you:

someone who leaves an intentionally annoying message on the internet, in order to get attention or cause trouble

a message that someone leaves on the internet that is intended toannoy people:

As you fail on a regular basis to actually comment on our sport and would rather follow people around a forum to personally throw insults, then i would strongly suggest that it would be you that wasnt 'very clever'.

• Like 2

Lol!

Look I know you were desperately trying to be a troll when you posted this.....

it is pretty much textbook in accordance with the definition you posted in an attempt to prove that you are a proper troll (why?), but you can't be a troll and you explained why here.....

Don't worry, I agree with you, ha ha ha!

Your grasp of English is amazing................any thoughts on the meeting?

Not usually...

Ten out of the 20 races pre Semi and Final in the 20 heats were won from gate one..

However six of these ten were won by riders who reached the final so any gate advantage was probably enhanced by their capability on the night..

And possibly enhanced even more by the quality of some of the riders alongside them in gates two to four, as almost half the field scored six or less and (for some), were clearly out of their depth...

I think the obvious disparity in standard meant a 'good rider' on gate one had a clear advantage rather than just being on gate one itself..

Hopefully to improve the overall spectacle next year, Lamberts transport issue will be sorted, Woffy may decide to compete once more and who knows, Holder, Doyle and Lindgren may suddenly become British!!

That's a fair explanation.

Thought it was a little odd as hadn't noticed that before.

"Put him in"?????? This is supposed to be a professional sporting competition, not an all-star invitational event

No wonder outsiders don't take speedway very seriously any longer

You suggest that "The British Championship Final", for which there were two qualifying meetings, should be an "opportunity to help push forward the career of a bright young talent"

Shame on you - yes, shame on you as a long-standing mouthpiece of this once great sport

Oh, and not arriving at a meeting due to delays for whatever reason, is not an exceptional circumstance - it's happened before and no doubt will again - it's tough on the rider affected, but you've got to be in it to qualify, so, better luck next time

Are u forgetting that every other major speedway nation DOES seed riders to their national final? Frankly it seems common sense.
  • Like 4

Are u forgetting that every other major speedway nation DOES seed riders to their national final? Frankly it seems common sense.

I think there is a big difference between seeding better riders to a national final and then having qualifiers to fill up the meeting, as opposed to running qualifiers and then seeding some of those who didn't qualify.

personally I wouldn't have an issue with seeding 4/6/8 riders and running one qualifying semi - sadly we don't really have enough quality riders to justify any more.

Likewise I wouldn't have an issue with this years system and leaving two wildcard places, primarily aimed at anyone who was injured at time of semis, or who had to ride in GP qualifier, or someone who was unavoidably delayed (eg big smash on motorway, national news, queues for miles delays for hours - not I've broken down!). If no one needed wildcards give them to the highest non qualifying scorers.

It is common sense i agree and i feel we should have wildcards.

But this season there was no wildcards..........and the correct thing to do was stick to that and when riders dropped out those in the qualifiers were put in, and not somebody who hadnt done them.

From a commercial point of view what a disgrace the British Final was

1. I don't think I saw any track branding for Integro as the main sponsor

2. Hardly any mentions via the presentation team, more mentions of rory being Australian!!!

3. The back drop where riders were interviewed was dreadful, then when seen in the background during normal presentation it was just hanging off the side of the pits, very poor

4. No branding on the on screen graphics

Why on earth did they sponsor the meeting?

Why?

He missed a qualifier so in no way should he have been allowed to ride in the final.. When riders dropped out , he quite rightly wasnt allowed in the final at the expense of the riders who had rode in the semi finals.

The rules were the top 8 from the 2 semi finals................im in favour of there being 2 wildcards.......but this year there wasnt.

Im a big fan of Lambert but you cant have different rules for different riders, based on ability. As it happened 1 of the replacements came 4th and was pretty much the rider of the night

Another good post regarding the meeting

Why, ill tell you why. Just take a look how his parents had to sacrifice so much time & effort & not to mention the tens of thousands they spent for him to pursue his career in Germany when OUR governing body didn't allow him to ride. Fair play to him staying LOYAL to White Tigers

Who are the people who decided that Dan Bewley was to good to be a track reserve? You should hold your head in shame, what better experience for the future to have been part of this meeting & even showcase his undoubted talent!

WELL DONE to everyone involved in putting on a suburb meeting (& congratulations Craig Cook) can Matt Ford follow that for the next domestic BT Sport production?

• Like 1

Well done to Cook, no reason now why he can't go that next step and become a GP rider. He has the quality to do it, maybe not pushing for the title but certainly to compete at that level.

I'm sure it was only a few years ago when they stopped seeding riders to the final, which I guess was partly down to allowing the opportunity for supporters to see the top riders at different tracks. Now we have the best not riding and pretty much everyone else doubling-up it's not needed so much. And at least 1 wildcard is needed just in case, it's possible that next year Cook for example could have 6 points from 2 rides in the semi-final and then gets injured through no fault of his own and has to miss the rest of that meeting.

And the decision to not allow Bewley to ride as reserve is a complete joke. How can he be too good? Does that mean the reserves are there but have to be poor enough to not take points off anyone?

Who are the people who decided that Dan Bewley was to good to be a track reserve? You should hold your head in shame, what better experience for the future to have been part of this meeting & even showcase his undoubted talent!

WELL DONE to everyone involved in putting on a suburb meeting (& congratulations Craig Cook) can Matt Ford follow that for the next domestic BT Sport production?

Watching the meeting it might have been embarrassing watching Dan beating some of these riders,Standard was poor outside top 1/2 dozen and even a couple of them were not that good.

Well done to Cook, no reason now why he can't go that next step and become a GP rider. He has the quality to do it, maybe not pushing for the title but certainly to compete at that level.

I'm sure it was only a few years ago when they stopped seeding riders to the final, which I guess was partly down to allowing the opportunity for supporters to see the top riders at different tracks. Now we have the best not riding and pretty much everyone else doubling-up it's not needed so much. And at least 1 wildcard is needed just in case, it's possible that next year Cook for example could have 6 points from 2 rides in the semi-final and then gets injured through no fault of his own and has to miss the rest of that meeting.

And the decision to not allow Bewley to ride as reserve is a complete joke. How can he be too good? Does that mean the reserves are there but have to be poor enough to not take points off anyone?

Totally agree regarding Bewley, British Speedway run by clowns