British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Rained Off - Scunthorpe Scorpions V Newcastle Diamonds ( S G B Championship) - Bank Holiday Monday, May 29th (3pm)

SCORPIONS SEEKING A LIFT AFTER A BLACK WEEKEND

THE EDDIE WRIGHT RACEWAY stages a 33-heat feast of speedway on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon (3pm), with the Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions hosting the Newcastle Diamonds in the SGB Championship, followed by the 500cc and 250cc classes of the second round of the British Youth Championship.

It’s been a dreadful weekend for Scorpions, rocked by the shock retirement of the club legend Josh Auty, which came just 24 hours after youngster Josh Bailey announced he ‘needed time out’ to allow his injured shoulder time to fully heal.

Both riders have quit with immediate effect, leaving Scorpions searching for two new riders. In the meantime, they will utilise rider replacement for Auty against the Diamonds at the EWR, while David Wallinger will guest for Bailey.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey says: “Let’s not beat around the bush - it’s been a horrible weekend for the club, with the news about firstly Josh Bailey and then the huge bombshell regarding Josh Auty.

“I’m absolutely devastated that Josh Auty has quit, and I know a lot of our supporters will be feeling the same.

“The one thing that can lift us all is getting back on-track around the Eddie Wright Raceway, seeing some cracking speedway and witnessing a Scorpions’ victory over Newcastle.

“It won’t be easy, but if were fire on all our remaining cylinders, we can take three league points from the meeting.

“We have an extra 18 races with the cream of Britain’s youngsters taking to the track for the second round of the British Youth Championship at both 250cc and 500cc level. There are some great kids involved who have bright futures in the sport.

It should be a top afternoon of action, and maybe that will be the medicine that we all need.”

Diamonds are led by British Under-21 Champion Robert Lambert, and also feature ex-Scorpion Steve Worrall.

Bank Holiday Monday’s adult admission price for the double-header is £17. It’s just £2 more than a single SGB Championship meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway, for 18 extra heats of action. A full and exciting afternoon of racing is ahead. DON’T MISS IT!

Admission prices for Bank Holiday Monday:

Adult: £17.00

Student/OAP: £15.00

Child (10 – 17): £5.00

Child (0 – 9) Free (accompanied by paying adult)

Family Ticket £39 (2 adults, 2 Children 16-17)

Match Programme: £1.00

Expected teams for Bank Holiday Monday:

Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Michael Palm Toft (captain), 2. Carl Wilkinson, 3. Lewis Kerr, 4. Ryan Douglas, 5. Rider replacement for Josh Auty, 6. Tero Aarnio, 7. David Wallinger (guest).

Newcastle Diamonds: 1. Robert Lambert, 2. Ashley Morris, 3. Lewis Rose, 4. Ludvig Lindgren, 5. Steve Worrall, 6. Ben Hopwood, 7. Connor Coles.

British Youth Championship (500cc class): Charlie Brooks, Kean Dicken, Elliot Bloxsome, Liam Little, James Laker, Drew Kemp, Daniel Gilkes.

British Youth Championship (250cc class): Jordan Palin, Jacob Clayton, Dan Thompson, Jake Mulford, Nathan Ablitt, Leon Flint, Joe Thompson, Danny Curl, Jason Edwards.

Edited by lucifer sam

Newcastle fan here what is the weather forecast for tomorrow?

Edited by ren

That doesn't look overly promising

Doesn't look terrible though, I'm hoping to get down

£15 for me!! ^_^

"It won't be easy, but we can take 3 league points from this meeting"

P155 off! When was the last time we ever did well at Scunny? We'll be lucky to take a point back to Newcastle, never mind "it won't be easy for Scunthorpe"

Doesn't look terrible though, I'm hoping to get down£15 for me!! ^_^

Free for me. :D

Edited by DiamondGlory

Neither does £17

£17 for 33 heats sounds like a bargain to me.

• Like 4

£17 for 33 heats sounds like a bargain to me.

Not if you only watch 15.

• Like 1

Free for me. :D

You 0-9 like? :o I wonder if it counts mental age, I'd get in for free then, as long as I'm accompanied by an adult ;)

Not if you only watch 15.

You should've watched all 33 then :)

Well, at least we're only going to lose twice this week!

Yup, very confident there, but I agree

You should've watched all 33 then :)

Sadly, we didn't get to see any heats :cry: