British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich V Newcastle 1june 17

Must admit that last night's meeting was a shocker, delayed start, excessive falls and reruns and pretty poor racing.

Not really what we pay hard earned money to go and watch!

Or have a 600 mile round trip to watch either!

How old is Connor?

22. 23 in September

• Like 1

Just been looking on the witches Facebook page and not one negative comment on any of it about last night. Comments like great performance and they really enjoyed that meeting, but most on here saying it was a shocker. Just proves people see their speedway differently.

Or maybe some of those fans on FB were not there. I was and left after heat 9, that experience totally zapped any enthusiasm I have for the sport and made me realise that you can change what ever rules you like and bring in as many new engines as you like, but fact is Speedway is dying because we have a bunch of club owners (refuse to use the word promoter) who do not know how to prepare a track, run a slick meeting and look after the public.

Can not imagine I will attend another meeting in the UK this year.

• Like 4

Or maybe some of those fans on FB were not there. I was and left after heat 9, that experience totally zapped any enthusiasm I have for the sport and made me realise that you can change what ever rules you like and bring in as many new engines as you like, but fact is Speedway is dying because we have a bunch of club owners (refuse to use the word promoter) who do not know how to prepare a track, run a slick meeting and look after the public.

Ive said for a long time, the rules dont matter. Its the actual running of a meeting that needs sorting. Decent presentation, over in 90 minutes.

You left after heat 9. Then you missed the only genuine pass of the night in heat 15🤔🤔

The riders were only using the inside 2 metres of the track nearly all night, so something was wrong, don't remember anything being done to change that either, but I could have missed that whilst having a snooze. Maybe the track needed to be slicker on this occasion?

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

How old is Connor?

22 I think, so not very young really, but not old of course... Danny Phillips is more of a prospect imo (I'm not hating on Connor, just think Danny will be better if he returns from his injuries well)

Edited by Dandelion

22 I think, so not very young really, but not old of course... Danny Phillips is more of a prospect imo (I'm not hating on Connor, just think Danny will be better if he returns from his injuries well)

See post #76

See post #76

Oops, didn't see that, sorry, just quoted the post I was answering when I was on page 5 and didn't bother reading page 6 because it's just full of people moaning about the track

Edited by Dandelion

Peterborough are a different team every time they get thrashed.

Touchy touchy :D

• Like 1

You left after heat 9. Then you missed the only genuine pass of the night in heat 15

The riders were only using the inside 2 metres of the track nearly all night, so something was wrong, don't remember anything being done to change that either, but I could have missed that whilst having a snooze. Maybe the track needed to be slicker on this occasion?

Exactly why I got annoyed, all the delays and no work done to the track, just needed some grading to loosen the deep stuff up and move it to the outside. Then low and behold the tractor finally decides to come out and grade when we finally have the chance of seeing two heats run within minutes of each other. The referee even put the two minutes on whilst tractor was still on the track because he was obviously fed up waiting for him aswell!

Seriously worst event I have ever spent my money on, I believe all fans would be well and truly in their legal right to ask for a refund. If refused I believe this is the type of meeting where video evidence could be used to put a case together and take it all the way through to the high court with group action... and win.

If for example you compared the races side by side with a regular meeting you will see the riders were unable to control their bikes and therefore unable to race which is exactly what speedway is, racing. They would bring riders in as witnesses and ask them if they could race to which they would respond 'well we tried but really we were just gating and then trying to simply stay on our bikes, passing another rider was out of the question'. Therefore as public we had paid to watch 'competitive racing' which this clearly was not and therefore entitled to a refund.

That would then send a message to speedway and every other sport, STOP treating the fans like MUGS!

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 3

Wouldn't people rather wait 10 minutes for them to sort the track out to make it interesting rather than just keep ploughing ahead with a crappy track? Then again, the meeting was so delayed at the beginning anyway, maybe they were worrying about the curfew...? Dunno when that is at Ipswich

The people can't make the track staff or the management to tell the track staff to sort it out. Maybe the the management and track staff thought the track was perfect, who knows. its never good though if someone leaves way before the end cos he felt it the worst he has seen, and that's from a bloke that knows speedway pretty well.

• Like 2

Always wondered why we have trackstaff that rake the dirt from the outside in and leave rumble strips going into the corners....

The people can't make the track staff or the management to tell the track staff to sort it out. Maybe the the management and track staff thought the track was perfect, who knows. its never good though if someone leaves way before the end cos he felt it the worst he has seen, and that's from a bloke that knows speedway pretty well.

I agree, if a paying customer is not happy, it's not very good, but it's hard to keep EVERYONE in the stadium happy, at the end of the day, were the riders happy to go out and race on it... Because that's the most important thing...

Hope Mr. Louis reads this and sorts the track out before our boys turn up next week.

Even if we were to lose I would like to see some decent racing.

• Like 1