British Speedway Forum

In addition to being the sport's greatest statistician (statician?) in an age with no computerisation, Bryan was a great deal more.

He was one of the main reasons for the early success of Ipswich in the 70s as "racing controller" where he pushed out racing and kept the meeting going -- and never forget, also a wise and dedicated manager of the BSPA's office in the good years.

Another one gone from the last wonderful golden era of Speedway. Like others on here I found his page in Speedway Star compulsive reading.

Condolences to his family.

RIP Bryan

FINDING any mistakes in Bryan's calculations would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Great asset through the pages of Speedway Star but also his term at the BSPA.

• Like 2

As someone who tries to keep track of stats using a computer and database Im in awe of anyone who did it in the days before computer. Clearly a dedicated gyy

I think a lot of us can relate to Bryan's brilliant and fascinating stats an absolute godsend of the sport , RIP Bryan was a pleasure growing up with your stats and figures!

• Like 1

My abject apologies..I have not seen this tribute, but i was aware of Bryan's passing

thanks for ll teh tributes especially relating to his statistical genius....but indeed he was a great deal more

I have been a friend for many years, always swapping Xmas cards greetings and the latest gossip.

he sadly lost his son a few years back....I always called Bryan "Biggles" due to the massive leather coat he wore like an old aviator

His quote when he advised me of his sons death..."we have lost one out of the back of the plane"....so sad.

I shall miss him, a lovely gentle bear of a man, who was a huge asset to the BSPA during his short stay as Manager

farewell my old mate Biggles......

over and out

• Like 2

Very sad to hear of Bryan's passing my condolences to his family and friends.

Bryan, was a genius and way ahead of his time with his remarkable statistics that must have taken him hours to compile. Easily one of the best parts of the Speedway Star magazine in my youth. And also make terrific reading even today.

Mike Seery (Bryan's son) has emailed Retro Speedway to confirm that his father's funeral will be held on Wednesday (June 7) at 1.45pm at:

Kent and Sussex Crematorium
Benhall Mill Road
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Kent
TN2 5JJ

The Seery family is happy for anyone who knew Bryan to attend.