British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

U-21 Squad

It`s not the flight - it`s the bikes !!

Christ he must have more than one

I was taking 3 adults and 2 kids - £56 plus 10 or 15 at the bar and shop - going to an Italian instead - all dishes on the menu will be available

• Like 1

I've just had a message off Kevin Keay telling me Redcar were told Ellis had to be at the Practice session

Loving all these part time fans that think they know everything about speedway and bikes and what riders should be doing, it's alright saying riders should have more than one bike but but who's gonna pay all this money for riders to buy extra bikes to go to different countries on the off chance they may get picked, riders have 2 bikes and those 2 bikes are needed at a league meeting, if a rider is lucky enough to be able to afford 4 bikes then yes he could maybe plan to have 2 bikes sent out while he rides the other 2 but some riders don't have that luxury

I've just had a message off Kevin Keay telling me Redcar were told Ellis had to be at the Practice session

I suppose it depends on who told them- if it was Neil Vatcher they could have told him that he didn`t have the equipment to do Redcar on Thursday and make it to Pocking for practice and request dispensation to not do practice.- maybe they already did and it was refused !

Loving all these part time fans that think they know everything about speedway and bikes and what riders should be doing, it's alright saying riders should have more than one bike but but who's gonna pay all this money for riders to buy extra bikes to go to different countries on the off chance they may get picked, riders have 2 bikes and those 2 bikes are needed at a league meeting, if a rider is lucky enough to be able to afford 4 bikes then yes he could maybe plan to have 2 bikes sent out while he rides the other 2 but some riders don't have that luxury

hey - its not my problem - its yours, you're losing the income

we're nearly all part time fans - thats why there's hardly any left!!

What riders should be doing??? Appearing for my team that I pay money to watch, except I'm not tomorrow

its second division speedway - one bike should suffice - ride the bloody track spare I don't care

once upon a time I would have gone regardless - not any more I'm afraid, not at 16 bones a go

and by the way I'm not a part time fan I'm a customer

• Like 1

If a rider turned up to a track and blew an engine in his first ride, then what does he ride? And then you get fans saying, 'well he should have a spare bike' you just can't win in these situations, fans seem to know it all, but they don't understand half of what goes on behind the scenes, fans need to realise that, it's not as easy to just turn up to a meeting, ride and in this case, drive 18 hours to Germany then ride there for 2 days then drive 18 hours back, respect the lads for what they do

• Like 1

If at the start on the season a team was told a 2 point reserve is available who will up his average to 6 in two months but were told the catch is he would miss a meeting because he was riding away to represent his country. Everybody would still be clambering to get him in their team. The Bears beat Glasgow last season, though not a lot of some of the fickle supporters on here would have known that as they weren't there. Good luck to Ellis and Team GB at the weekend. Up the Bears

• Like 1

Serious league points on the line with Ellis missing for his last meeting at reserve? I think. Could be an important meeting in the play off race, I understand Redcar fans frustrations when he is missing for a Thursday night meeting to be a reserve in a meeting on the Saturday...

If a rider turned up to a track and blew an engine in his first ride, then what does he ride? And then you get fans saying, 'well he should have a spare bike' you just can't win in these situations, fans seem to know it all, but they don't understand half of what goes on behind the scenes, fans need to realise that, it's not as easy to just turn up to a meeting, ride and in this case, drive 18 hours to Germany then ride there for 2 days then drive 18 hours back, respect the lads for what they do

fair comment - I'm just frustrated - I guess. u are too

While all that is true , you cant blame the ordinary fan , who doesn't know what goes on behind the scenes , being disappointed when an important rider in his or her team is missing from the only meeting they're interested in .

We know it's where speedway is just now , but for the average fan who pays his money at the gate , it's disappointing .

• Like 1

Im hoping Workington return the favour of gifting them 3 points the other week and lend us Williamson.

While all that is true , you cant blame the ordinary fan , who doesn't know what goes on behind the scenes , being disappointed when an important rider in his or her team is missing from the only meeting they're interested in .

We know it's where speedway is just now , but for the average fan who pays his money at the gate , it's disappointing .

I don't blame the ordinary fan for not knowing, it's not their job but I don't appreciate it when a fan says what a rider should be doing when they don't know the story, I've said multiple times it is disappointing that he will be missing but rather than moan and complain about it, just accept it and support what team you have in front of you, that's all you can do right now
  • Like 1

personally I was never happier than the 60s and 70s when second div riders turned up from a days work with a bike stopped to the back of the car and a spare motor and there was none of this du/dd. I'll happily take a drop in second div rider standards to get back there

personally I was never happier than the 60s and 70s when second div riders turned up from a days work with a bike stopped to the back of the car and a spare motor and there was none of this du/dd. I'll happily take a drop in second div rider standards to get back there

And, it was safe to leave it parked outside the speedway hotel after the meeting while the rider went for a well earned pint...

Matt Williamson is guesting for the Bears...... ger in :)