British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Sheffield 04 Jun 17 @6.30pm

Nice one, but no thanks! Enjoyed the meeting up there tonight also enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere and exchanges with the Diamonds fans, will come again!

Jake Knight got a mention this evening, believe he's a Sheffield asset, but thought he'd packed up to keep a real job, and he couldn't handle the Sheffield track. Roynon - thought the number 7 had to be a 2 point average, so think that applies to Dan Greenwood also? Think Scunny have signed Liam Carr as we were talking about him a couple of weeks ago.

Doesnt have to be a 2pt average just teams built that way if it fits ave wise its ok

Doesnt have to be a 2pt average just teams built that way if it fits ave wise its ok

Thanks for that, suppose they'll have to wait and see what they've got to play with numbers wise. From what's being said though JPB might come back after his 'break' from racing. He'll just have to stop using his step-dads engines!

Have to say well done to the boys for the victory, I was very pessimistic about the meeting, especially with r/r in place, but to be fair Ashley produced the performance we needed with Ludvig missing. Also pleasing to see Ben pick up some points against "stronger" riders.

Although claiming they are pleased with a point, I think Sheffield will be very disappointed with returns from several of their team, some of whom looked complete novices at times!

• Like 1

If you told me that we would go to Edinburgh and then Newcastle and got point from each of those matches I would have been very pleased, so have to be pleased with the result tonight.

I would be disappointed if I were a Tigers fan you didn't get the win with The Diamonds being only a four man team.

Have to say well done to the boys for the victory, I was very pessimistic about the meeting, especially with r/r in place, but to be fair Ashley produced the performance we needed with Ludvig missing. Also pleasing to see Ben pick up some points against "stronger" riders.

Although claiming they are pleased with a point, I think Sheffield will be very disappointed with returns from several of their team, some of whom looked complete novices at times!

Have to say that the only two that I could be 'disappointed' with were Kurtz and Bjerre, but knowing it's not their favourite track I can't be too critical of them. Kurtz was gating better than the Diamonds riders in most of his heats, but just couldn't maintain his position, other than in heat 8, when he made a decent job of beating Lewis Rose who pushed him hard throughout the race. Why he couldn't do that in his other rides only he knows. Bjerre could have scored a couple more points, but wasn't helped when Bates fell in front of him in heat 3 and when he went too wide in heat 10 and fell himself. Howarth scored 6, but how can you level any criticism at him for the effort he put in, his tussle with Rob Lambert in heat 6 was brilliant riding from both of them. All in all Newcastle deserved the win and Sheffield deserved a point, a good meeting for the fans to watch I think you'll agree.

I would be disappointed if I were a Tigers fan you didn't get the win with The Diamonds being only a four man team.

Think you're being a little over critical of Ben Hopwood (the 'dirt devil') there aren't you!

Nice one, but no thanks! Enjoyed the meeting up there tonight also enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere and exchanges with the Diamonds fans, will come again!

Jake Knight got a mention this evening, believe he's a Sheffield asset, but thought he'd packed up to keep a real job, and he couldn't handle the Sheffield track. Roynon - thought the number 7 had to be a 2 point average, so think that applies to Dan Greenwood also? Think Scunny have signed Liam Carr as we were talking about him a couple of weeks ago.

Very pleased to hear that, it's the way it should be in any sport. Look forward to your next visit, look me up and i'll show you around next time.

Very pleased to hear that, it's the way it should be in any sport. Look forward to your next visit, look me up and i'll show you around next time.

Thanks for your invitation, but been up several times before, only the last time was 2011. Used to travel up with my lads who unfortunately lost interest until this year, for some reason. Now they take me! Don't ask me what it was but the whole evening seemed better than years/times before, other than the fourth bend on the track, always seems to be problems there.

Thought the interview with Steve Worralls' little lad was great, made it worth having a break!

Thanks for your invitation, but been up several times before, only the last time was 2011. Used to travel up with my lads who unfortunately lost interest until this year, for some reason. Now they take me! Don't ask me what it was but the whole evening seemed better than years/times before, other than the fourth bend on the track, always seems to be problems there.

Thought the interview with Steve Worralls' little lad was great, made it worth having a break!

Elliot gets interviewed by Roy every week. It's an integral part of the meeting. :party:

Elliot gets interviewed by Roy every week. It's an integral part of the meeting. :party:

He usually makes more sense than Roy as well!!! :o:o

• Like 3

most definitely,,, in fact, its rumoured that its even in Mr Vatchers rule book that 'no meeting at Newcastle can be declared, for whatever reason, until the Elliot report has been completed' ;)

• Like 2

He usually makes more sense than Roy as well!!! :o:o

Even when it doesn't quite make sense, who cares, it's adorable! :t: