British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Sheffield 04 Jun 17 @6.30pm

Rr is at 2.

At the risk of being boring about it I defy anyone to defend the standard of the no. 7s in this meeting. The level of incompetence on display would be farcical if it isn't so dangerous. (I accept that McDonald is a last minute stand in).

I do hope Coles proves me wrong but I have my doubts that he will.

Absolutely cracking meeting, well done to both teams for putting on a great show!!!!

Passing galore. Some absolutely beautiful racing tonight, almost as good as Peterborough away, but not quite there. Very much enjoyed today. Both teams deserved points, and im just glad we took 3.

Edited by DiamondGlory

Passing galore. Some absolutely beautiful racing tonight, almost as good as Peterborough away, but not quite there. Very much enjoyed today. Both teams deserved points, and im just glad we took 3.

Certainly made up for Ipswich (a bit!).

Once again I thought Ben did his job tonight. Hopefully Lewis will find his gating gloves again soon, as he appears to have lost them since the British Semi-Final.

Three points is all we can ask for and we also stopped them getting a point, so job done.

• Like 1

Certainly made up for Ipswich (a bit!).

Once again I thought Ben did his job tonight. Hopefully Lewis will find his gating gloves again soon, as he appears to have lost them since the British Semi-Final.

Three points is all we can ask for and we also stopped them getting a point, so job done.

Well, Ben is a 2.00 rider (though the magazine said 4.00 in the averages page) and he hit that again today, even Connor scored a point. And I have a feeling Lewis will be back to normal next week. I should hope, we're against the top team. Ashley Morris did a cracking job tonight, think he finished on 11 from 5.

But you said we stopped them from taking a point, did I fill the programme in wrong,or does losing by 6 points or less no longer net you a consolation point?

Yes Sheffield took a point.

Absolutely cracking meeting, well done to both teams for putting on a great show!!!!

Much better racing when they get enough moisture into the track .
  • Like 1

Well, Ben is a 2.00 rider (though the magazine said 4.00 in the averages page) and he hit that again today, even Connor scored a point. And I have a feeling Lewis will be back to normal next week. I should hope, we're against the top team. Ashley Morris did a cracking job tonight, think he finished on 11 from 5.

But you said we stopped them from taking a point, did I fill the programme in wrong,or does losing by 6 points or less no longer net you a consolation point?

**OOPS (for the second time today!!)** They did indeed get a point, which was thoroughly deserved.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Much better racing when they get enough moisture into the track .

I've been going to Brough Park for 40 odd years and it's always been a better track when it's had a good amount of rain on it,the water that's put on it during a Sunday doesn't really do a great deal for the racing.

• Like 2

If you told me that we would go to Edinburgh and then Newcastle and got point from each of those matches I would have been very pleased, so have to be pleased with the result tonight.

• Like 1

If you told me that we would go to Edinburgh and then Newcastle and got point from each of those matches I would have been very pleased, so have to be pleased with the result tonight.

Things could have been even better tonight but for two or three incidents going for Sheffield. However if JPB had have just persisted for this weekend before making his decision to have a break, again things could've been different (in favour of the Tigers) in my opinion. The Newcastle fans were moaning about Connor Coles this evening, but when questioned about who they'd get to replace him - nobody could come up with a suggestion, so who do Sheffield go for?

The Newcastle fans were moaning about Connor Coles this evening, but when questioned about who they'd get to replace him - nobody could come up with a suggestion, so who do Sheffield go for?

Connor Coles, and we'll have JPB when he gets back off his 'jollies' ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Things could have been even better tonight but for two or three incidents going for Sheffield. However if JPB had have just persisted for this weekend before making his decision to have a break, again things could've been different (in favour of the Tigers) in my opinion. The Newcastle fans were moaning about Connor Coles this evening, but when questioned about who they'd get to replace him - nobody could come up with a suggestion, so who do Sheffield go for?

Jake knight has returned to the sport would be a decent option

George wood

roynon average fit ?

Dan greenwood

Liam Carr would be fantastic back as a number 7

not sure about averages etc just chucking some names out there

Connor Coles, and we'll have JPB when he gets back off his 'jollies' ;)

Nice one, but no thanks! Enjoyed the meeting up there tonight also enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere and exchanges with the Diamonds fans, will come again!

Jake knight has returned to the sport would be a decent option

George wood

roynon average fit ?

Dan greenwood

Liam Carr would be fantastic back as a number 7

not sure about averages etc just chucking some names out there

Jake Knight got a mention this evening, believe he's a Sheffield asset, but thought he'd packed up to keep a real job, and he couldn't handle the Sheffield track. Roynon - thought the number 7 had to be a 2 point average, so think that applies to Dan Greenwood also? Think Scunny have signed Liam Carr as we were talking about him a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1