British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham V Eastbourne

Guest GiveusaB

Forecast is dry for Wednesday!

Just hope that the Birmingham management don't act as hastily has they have been doing of late and prematurely call this one off (rain today/tomorrow) ???

Looking forward to a close encounter....the result will be immaterial, apart from 'confidence' purposes, as both these teams will be in the dreaded play offs (imo)!

Birmingham to win by 10 points!

Where's Brennan? Where's Baseby? Where's Saul? It looks a much better team around Perry Barr than the usual 1-7 does.

Guest GiveusaB

Not too worried about Perry tbh, but Williamson was flying for Buxton the other week !

I still think that Birmingham will have too much for Eastbourne.

Hoping for a close one though.

If we have to have a guest for Blackburn, then I guarantee we will have someone on the cheap and not based on ability???

My preferred choice on whom I've seen there this season, would be Boxall.

But no doubt we'll end up with someone local i.e Mitchell Davey.?

Any thoughts?

Where's Brennan? Where's Baseby? Where's Saul? It looks a much better team around Perry Barr than the usual 1-7 does.

Brennan has an exam in the afternoon so won't be able to make it to Birmingham in time.

Guest GiveusaB

It wouldn't surprise me if B'ham don't use R/R for JPB (if he's forced out?) whichever is cheaper!?

Message for Tom Bacon....ride like you did against Buxton (but take the 3rd/4th bends a little wider) and nobody will beat you!!! :t:

Great Choice of guests for eastbourne i think this could go either way perry ,knight and williamson all get double figures..

Personally id like a 28 day replacement if JPB isnt going to ride

Expect both Brennan and Saul have exams, I see Jenkins had the same problem. You have to expect that with young riders still at school. Baseby is the only surprise and it is probably a work thing. Nothing we could have done about it particularly with Georgies injury.

The team looks competitive on paper but so often riders do not perform to their usual standards as guests. Even JPB only managed 5 from 5 rides when gusting for the eagles.

On paper the eagles heat leaders look more than a match and the reserves should also profit but second string is a problem as only I heat leader and Bates can take an extra ride. It looks like 5 rides for Bates and 7 for Powell with 3 for Hampshire. If the guests show their true form the eagles will have a good chance of winning this otherwise it will be a question of trying to get the away point.

Either way I think it will be a meeting worth seeing, just a pity it is too far away for me nowadays. .

Eastbourne:

1. Matt Williamson (G)

2. Mark Baseby R/R

3. Jake Knight

4. Matt Bates

5. Tom Perry (G)

6. Taylor Hampshire (G)

7. Charley Powell

Guess Tom Brennan must be injured!

Going to be a tough one for Brum

Max clegg awesome guest swings it a bit more in Brums favour will pick up a couple more points than JPB would of so thats a 4 point swing imo

Guest GiveusaB

Max Clegg guests on Wed for Birmingham at no 1

Lets hope he turns up on time! :t:

Eastbourne:

1. Matt Williamson (G)

2. Mark Baseby R/R

3. Jake Knight

4. Matt Bates

5. Tom Perry (G)

6. Taylor Hampshire (G)

7. Charley Powell

Guess Tom Brennan must be injured!

Going to be a tough one for Brum

This is going to be a tough one for Eastbourne imo.......Clegg is stronger than JPB in all fairness! Liam Carr is stronger than Perry and Tom Bacon beat Williamson the other week. If Ritchings can match Knight, then it's going to be a Brum win!

Just be great to see an even contest for a change ! :t:

Let us just hope the weather holds. Wednesday is the only day with no rain forecast until later at night. There have been far too many postponements and I can see another season when all matches are not completed in the NL

Will be interesting to see how Taylor Hampshire goes as could see that be as a sort of trial to see if he wants to come back permanent in to the Eastbourne team as expect Saul is only in announced team so it can be a official/legal team.