British Speedway Forum

when you had a Glasgow rider and their manager making a attempt at fixing the fence when the rest were standing looking at it then saying there was maybe 4 burst airbags when they only had 2 spare but somehow still managed to get it fixed and when the medics came over to Coty and Richard straight after they got back into the pits and both said they were ok and did not need anything but Coty did say he only had a sore ankle but nothing to bother about because he was moving it freely I was helping Coty in the pits at this time then the ref asked for the medics to take there place back on the track the next minute Coty is being led into the ambulance by the team manager everybody in the pits then new what was going to happen the track ambulance took him to the hospital after the meeting where he sat for hours before seeing anyone they X-rayed his ankle nothing broken then let out

I can't comment on some of that but the initial part of the statement is totally and utterly incorrect.

I went round to watch the air fence and fence behind being repaired and there were 10-15 people frantically working to repair both. Track staff, starting marshall and lots of others from Redcar.

Four panels were damaged , three spare panels were available (as per regulations) and the main damage was to the fence behind. There was a stadium announcement for the track electrician to bring his drill to assist with repairs. An additional panel was moved to fill in the gap.

Work was being carried out all of the time. Yes Worrall came over and helped for a few minutes at the end but the Glasgow officials spent most of the time chatting with the Ref.

Can't comment on the pits comments - but the accusations re the fence are TOTALLY FALSE.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

Don't mind seeing Glasgow get another four points but not so sure about awarding matches like this.

Consistency in decision making etc, and I agree it creates a precedent.

Personally I was more bothered about Coty's wellbeing and when it comes down to it an injured rider will always be more important than points, just how I see it.

I think its the right decision, and that's without any underhand tactics that may (or may not) have taken place.

There is a case to be made either way (elsewhere someone has said that we should stand in Redcar's shoes, but we should also stand in Glasgow's) so someone has to determine what the outcome will be and clearly some aren't going to be happy whatever happens. That is how it is in the majority of court litigation.

Even if I disagreed with the conclusion, it still remains reasonable in the circumstances and has been fully explained. We can't ask for more than that so I give Neil Vatcher a bit of credit.

It stands in contrast to some of the appalling, secret (and not so secret) decisions that have been made regarding NL averages this season. No explanation for why riders can ride and why they can't, teams (and fans) just have to accept it. When we descend to that (and, lets face it, we have had quite a lot of it) that we have every right to be angry and frustrated - much less so here.

However, you make a very important point : it has to set a precedent. If it does not - and history suggests it won't - then it has no credibility whatsoever.

One final point : I certainly accept that Redcar has stepped up big this season. Better team, better track, better (and that's a minor understatement) customer care. That cannot, however, have any bearing on any ruling made.

• Like 4

I can't comment on some of that but the initial part of the statement is totally and utterly incorrect.

I went round to watch the air fence and fence behind being repaired and there were 10-15 people frantically working to repair both. Track staff, starting marshall and lots of others from Redcar.

Four panels were damaged , three spare panels were available (as per regulations) and the main damage was to the fence behind. There was a stadium announcement for the track electrician to bring his drill to assist with repairs. An additional panel was moved to fill in the gap.

Work was being carried out all of the time. Yes Worrall came over and helped for a few minutes at the end but the Glasgow officials spent most of the time chatting with the Ref.

Can't comment on the pits comments - but the accusations re the fence are TOTALLY FALSE.

l

That's what it looked like from the pits area Richie was there for a good while helping ,the ref also came down when Coty was taken into the ambulance but the medics just closed the door on him and shut the blinds so no one could see inside and it stayed like that till the ambulance left where one of the medics stopped in car park to take his car out the carpark andhave a cigarette while Coty was still in it so he was not in a rush lol

Edited by mac101

"That's what it looked like from the Pits area"

You stated , as fact, that Glasgow personnel were trying to fix the fence when Redcar officials were just standing around.

I'm telling you that is not anywhere near the truth and yet some are taking your information as facts, when they are just your opinion .

As for the comments about the medics you seem to be questioning their professional integrity.

l

That's what it looked like from the pits area Richie was there for a good while helping ,the ref also came down when Coty was taken into the ambulance but the medics just closed the door on him and shut the blinds so no one could see inside and it stayed like that till the ambulance left where one of the medics stopped in car park to take his car out the carpark andhave a cigarette while Coty was still in it so he was not in a rush lol

So your first hand witness statement is actually based on what it looked like from around 100m away and I assume from your quote "the rest were standing looking at it then saying there was maybe 4 burst airbags when they only had 2 spare" you couldn't actually hear this comment from your vantage point in the pits! When in fact everyone in the crowd was actually told it was 3 bags they had, as per the regulations, and yes it was 3 MAYBE 4 which turned out to be the 3.

And your final key conspiracy theory is that whilst an individual is receiving medical attention, he is offered privacy by closing blinds and only medical staff allowed access - next time you visit the doctor let them examine you in the waiting room, then everyone can be quite sure you aren't wasting their time!!

Just for full transparency, remind us which team you support?

• Like 4

when you had a Glasgow rider and their manager making a attempt at fixing the fence when the rest were standing looking at it then saying there was maybe 4 burst airbags when they only had 2 spare but somehow still managed to get it fixed and when the medics came over to Coty and Richard straight after they got back into the pits and both said they were ok and did not need anything but Coty did say he only had a sore ankle but nothing to bother about because he was moving it freely I was helping Coty in the pits at this time then the ref asked for the medics to take there place back on the track the next minute Coty is being led into the ambulance by the team manager everybody in the pits then new what was going to happen the track ambulance took him to the hospital after the meeting where he sat for hours before seeing anyone they X-rayed his ankle nothing broken then let out

Is there a shortage of commas, full stops and paragraphs where you live?

Is there an abundance of impertinence where you live?

• Like 5

In one sentence the character of this poster is laid bare.

• Like 2

"That's what it looked like from the Pits area"

You stated , as fact, that Glasgow personnel were trying to fix the fence when Redcar officials were just standing around.

I'm telling you that is not anywhere near the truth and yet some are taking your information as facts, when they are just your opinion .

As for the comments about the medics you seem to be questioning their professional integrity.

Stewart and Richie were both helping to fix the fence were they not and the medics should not have stopped and had a cigarette outside the track while Coty was seemingly badly injured in the back

Stewart and Richie were both helping to fix the fence were they not and the medics should not have stopped and had a cigarette outside the track while Coty was seemingly badly injured in the back

So you was helping Coty in the pits, you've said previously he went to hospital with an ankle injury and got that xrayed yet it's common knowledge that it was his back and neck and now you are saying he was seemingly badly injured in the back?

GIVE IT A REST MATE you're making it up as you go along

Richie was helping to fix the fence for a while yes.

As were lots of people from Redcar but for a lot longer but you somehow couldn't see that.

You posted misinformation and when I called you out you responded with "well that's what it looked like from the pits"

• Like 1

I see Glasgow are back down at Redcar mid-August. why not race the remaining races from last week then?

this should be ran as a free entry meeting or behind closed doors

anything else fans should boycot the meeting

but id say the nspa susspect the call off was a bit like when workington were at armadale a few years back and were beeting edinburgh in bad conditions when it was called off to avoid a away win obviously workington got stuffed on re reun

its obvious redacr were going to get hammered but once again the paying public have paid the price and glasgow have got a result that they would have got but slightly underhand way

Edited by scarra

Is there an abundance of impertinence where you live?

Explain where I was being rude or disrespectful?

In one sentence the character of this poster is laid bare.

When did you become the forum's psychologist?

So you was helping Coty in the pits, you've said previously he went to hospital with an ankle injury and got that xrayed yet it's common knowledge that it was his back and neck and now you are saying he was seemingly badly injured in the back?

GIVE IT A REST MATE you're making it up as you go along

Common knowledge lol Strange at no point until he was in the ambulance did he say to me he had a sore back only his ankle and that's what he told the medic when they spoke to him when he came back in the pits he told them he was ok sore ankle but could move it no problem and was just saying why would the medics stop for a cigarette outside if they had someone inside needing medical attention Edited by mac101

right

ive just read the bspa statement on this and it puts a different twist on it

heat 10 would have only had both glasgow riders so almost certain it would be a 0-5 so there fore after heat 10 the score would have been 24 - 37

but i still dont actually agree with the subsection rule it states when the result is mathmaticcly sure another 5 heats to run so in theory redcar could have scored another 25 points or 28 if tac ride hadnt been used allready

Edited by scarra