British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Redcar Vs Newcastle

Please don't let it be a 20+ point hammering.

Please don't let it be a 20+ point hammering.

It was bad enough the first time.

Well you got your wish - it was an 18 point hammering :drink:

heard it was more like the Yangtze, but without the fight ;)

You cant win all the time, but we wernt even competitive.. best we could hope for is a drawn heat when lambert and worrall are out and maybe a heat advantage in heats 13 & 15.

Poor stuff

• Like 1

Well you got your wish - it was an 18 point hammering :drink:

I was 2 points out. Just don't know what to think of away meetings anymore, when only 2 of 7 diamonds show up. Still have no clue why Lindgren was in heat 15.

• Like 1

I was 2 points out. Just don't know what to think of away meetings anymore, when only 2 of 7 diamonds show up. Still have no clue why Lindgren was in heat 15.

I guess Worrall didn't fancy it after his acrobatics in heat 13 - and Lindgren was your next best rider!!

• Like 1

I guess Worrall didn't fancy it after his acrobatics in heat 13 - and Lindgren was your next best rider!!

Looked like Lindgren was on Morris's bike in 14 and 15 as well, and Hopwood was faster after the flag going back to the pits than he was in the actual races 😂😂
  • Like 3

by far...

Looked like Lindgren was on Morris's bike in 14 and 15

was he showing him how to ride it ???

by far...

was he showing him how to ride it ???

Not really he was gash... as were 4 others

Looks like a lovely evening ahead (weather wise)

That should mean track isn't too wet for Robert, but hopefully not too dry for the rest of the team ;)

Fancy Robert and Stevie to get a pile of points and the rest to get enough to secure a win against the Bears select team

Well Robert and Steve got a pile of points, reserves got exactly what they deserved, and the rest pathetic!

Can't wait to hear moaning George's excuses - lets see

Rose wasn't at fault when he fell

unlucky with engine problems for the skipper

Ostergaard should never have been allowed to replace Redcar's ex no. 7

track was patchy (ie too wet and too dry)

rain spoiled the comeback

When it should be

I messed up not using tactical ride at first opportunity

I messed up using two NL reserves to make top 5 stronger

I messed up having 3 riders in top 5 who aren't good enough away from home

Lets see what we get!!!

• Like 1

Well Robert and Steve got a pile of points, reserves got exactly what they deserved, and the rest pathetic!

Can't wait to hear moaning George's excuses - lets see

Rose wasn't at fault when he fell

unlucky with engine problems for the skipper

Ostergaard should never have been allowed to replace Redcar's ex no. 7

track was patchy (ie too wet and too dry)

rain spoiled the comeback

When it should be

I messed up not using tactical ride at first opportunity

I messed up using two NL reserves to make top 5 stronger

I messed up having 3 riders in top 5 who aren't good enough away from home

Lets see what we get!!!

Taken from the Newcastle website:

Team manager George English had to again look back at defeat, saying: "Again ultimately disappointing tonight. Why our form, especially away from Brough Park, is so patchy is something we cannot put our finger on, but the lads know if we don't start taking good points they those vital play-offs will get out of reach and with the side we have this year we deserve to qualify, but it's in their hands. They need to start winning away from home."

Team manager George English had to again look back at defeat, saying: "Again ultimately disappointing tonight. Why our form, especially away from Brough Park, is so patchy is something we cannot put our finger on, but the lads know if we don't start taking good points they those vital play-offs will get out of reach and with the side we have this year we deserve to qualify, but it's in their hands. They need to start winning away from home."

patchy 😂😂

He is having a serious laugh and playing us all for mugs :mad:

• Like 1

How does he make out our away form is patchy ??

the only points we have taken away from home was when we used a ringer in the reserve berth - surely that fact in itself highlights why we are so crap away from Brough park

Lambert and Worrall will soon need sick notes for bad backs carrying the rest of this team !!

• Like 1

How does he make out our away form is patchy ??

the only points we have taken away from home was when we used a ringer in the reserve berth - surely that fact in itself highlights why we are so crap away from Brough park

Lambert and Worrall will soon need sick notes for bad backs carrying the rest of this team !!

they maybe should've only went with 1 big hitter,,, esp. after the points limit was lowered.

but its 'jumpers for goalposts' really :(

Maybe his credibilty should be questioned.

Well I think his logic should be, if he thinks diamonds deserve to finish higher than Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Ipswich (and probably Peterborough when then get team together)

I had them down to be alongside Redcar and Worky, but having seen them twice I doubt that - if you are going to be at best a 5 man team and more likely a 2 man team away from home !