British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boomerang

Coles Out Now For Captain Fantastic

Finally mr english has woke up and smelt the coffee.

dan greenwood in for coles cant do any worse.

hope he finds some form and maybe come back next year.

now for the main topic get lindgren out and get kus back.

if they dont lindgrens backer mr bond must be pumping money into

newcastle as well as captain unfantastic he needs to go

• Like 1

He hasn't even ridden and people already want him out. Is it easy to see now that it was a bad decision.

Give it up!!! He's not the only one who has had bad meetings. If I remember rightly, the last time we were at Redcar he was the only one that did turn up and put any effort in. The fact is the entire middle order are not performing as they should often enough.

Last year Matej Kus' home average was less than Ludvigs. His away average was less than Ludvigs. It's not like he's an up and coming 18/19 year old and likely to improve. He went backwards last season. Some of his away performances at tracks he was expected to do well at were woeful.

Edited by leander
  • Like 1

He hasn't even ridden and people already want him out. Is it easy to see now that it was a bad decision.

read the post we are on about lindgren not greenwood.

the only plus and its a big plus for me is that kus can gate ludde cant

read the post we are on about lindgren not greenwood.

the only plus and its a big plus for me is that kus can gate ludde cant

None of the Diamonds can gate...

At least Ludvig has the guts to make a pass... Unlike Matej... Who just kinda sits behind and is happy to take whatever position he has

Lindgren and Kus - no contest in my eyes. I like Matej but his riding style is one-dimensional. Ludde can be a sharp gater when he's on his game, he can pass, he looks out for his partner* and he always tries hard. He's the last of the seven I would dispense with.

Turning to the reserves, is this Dan "the Hsmmer" Greenwood who graced Brough Park a few years ago?

* although not as well as Andrew Tully, of course

• Like 2

None of the Diamonds can gate...At least Ludvig has the guts to make a pass... Unlike Matej... Who just kinda sits behind and is happy to take whatever position he has

I'm not sure, Steve Worrall can pull off some good gates sometimes.

Lindgren and Kus - no contest in my eyes. I like Matej but his riding style is one-dimensional. Ludde can be a sharp gater when he's on his game, he can pass, he looks out for his partner* and he always tries hard. He's the last of the seven I would dispense with.

Turning to the reserves, is this Dan "the Hsmmer" Greenwood who graced Brough Park a few years ago?

* although not as well as Andrew Tully, of course

I 100% agree with you on Luvig, he would be my last choice too...

Yes, but he's had a few more years under his belt and I saw him race last year and I thought he looked very quick and smooth actually, hope he goes in at number 7 for us... Plus, he's more likely to stay on his bike than Connor... I hope... With his more experience

I miss watching Tully ride :( I only got to see him twice...

I'm not sure, Steve Worrall can pull off some good gates sometimes.

Yeah, he can, I was just overreacting to prove a point :P the Diamonds seem to be left at the gates all the time... It can get really frustrating :P Can't afford to do that against the likes of Craig Cook and Sam Masters around Brough for example...

Edited by Dandelion

I was surprised that Greenwood missed out on the initial picks so not a bad signing. Think he has been held back with equipment over the past couple of seasons as it used to be top drawer but if he gets it sorted he could prove a very capable signing and certainly an improvement on Coles.

I respect lindgren as a rider I know the sport is tough but I really think he is terrible away from home and as for a captain a very rarely see him helping riders in the pits i.e. Conner when he has been struggling. In my eyes a captain is a leader somebody that galvanises a team and stands out!! I don't see that in lindgren.

• Like 1

Lindgren is such an enigma and i cant recall a bigger one in nearly 40 years of watching speedway tbh ( can beat Cook one week and get beat of reserves another) but hasnt improved hardly in 5 years, he has been caught by rose in under 3 years and nearly by morris. There are surely better more consistent riders out there that could give our team better balance?

I couldnt care a less if hes a canny lad, adopted Geordie, helps with the track or a hit with the women groupies... Hes paid to ride a speedway bike and and win races for Newcastle speedway surely.

Ok he rides the boards and passes now and then... but hardly rides a different line( alot like lee complin).

His gear looks top notch and he has the ability so why has he not progressed? Id personally rather have 4 young English lads on the up than a rider who is at best standing still, so id drop Lindgren in a heart beat and bring in a jake Allen type average and a stronger reserve.

If thats not possible then he needs to step up to the plate more and lead by example starting at Redcar tomorrow hopefully, after all the team and club are bigger than ANY rider.

Just my opinion.

Ps good luck to Coles, hopefully the experience will work wonders and he can do a Stevie and step back up to the championship and push on.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 5

I respect lindgren as a rider I know the sport is tough but I really think he is terrible away from home and as for a captain a very rarely see him helping riders in the pits i.e. Conner when he has been struggling. In my eyes a captain is a leader somebody that galvanises a team and stands out!! I don't see that in lindgren.

A think people look at Lindgrens poor performances away and jump on the wagon. The difference between H & A averages is about 1.5 pts, whereas Morris is about 3, and Rose almost 4, (on the latest SGB figures), but maybe people don't reflect on this.

He certainly 'stands out',,, for criticism.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

so id drop Lindgren in a heart beat and bring in a jake Allen type average and a stronger reserve.

You are making the same wrong assumption vast majority do - by dropping Lindgren and a 2.00 reserve we wouldn't have 9.24 to use on two riders (ie LL's 7.24 plus 2.00) because we would have to then fall below the 40 point limit, so effectively we would have 7.38

So you could get Wallner and Carr say - is that really the improvement we want?

A think people look at Lindgrens poor performances away and jump on the wagon. The difference between H & A averages is about 1.5 pts, whereas Morris is about 3, and Rose almost 4, (on the latest SGB figures), but maybe people don't reflect on this.

He certainly 'stands out',,, for criticism.

At home you expect to win, it's away that you need riders who average highly (or not low), so actually Lindgren is one of the key riders to keep in the team , because of the low difference in averages. However as most fans view their opinions based on the home matches, these riders are the ones who often get the most criticism. If you then argue that he has some shockers away from home, then to keep a decent average it shows he also has some top class performances.

Lindgren isn't the problem, the make-up with two very poor reserves is the issue and unfortunately we are stuck with it!

You are making the same wrong assumption vast majority do - by dropping Lindgren and a 2.00 reserve we wouldn't have 9.24 to use on two riders (ie LL's 7.24 plus 2.00) because we would have to then fall below the 40 point limit, so effectively we would have 7.38

So you could get Wallner and Carr say - is that really the improvement we want?

we've missed the boat then, being over passive?, should have acted when we could...like others did. where we would have had closer to ten points to strengthen the bottom end... a lot.
  • Like 1