British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels V Stars Fri 16th June

Imo...the best racing tracks are those that are purpose built for Speedway and not fitted around a Greyhound/stock car/ football/rugby pitch etc.

Shame more tracks in the past haven't been built this way.

Hopefully Swindon's new track will give good racing too...I've pretty much given up with that place, the racing is so poor imo...and I used to be a regular there.

Swindons new track ?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Bit of a sweeping statement that. During my time with this sport I have been to many tracks, including quite a few that have since closed. but to say 'fitted around a Greyhound/stock car/ football/rugby pitch etc. is probably more right than wrong, but not all these tracks are poor. The biggest problem is that the sport has changed and bike are now totally different to what was once used... These High revving machines need more space to perform.

Some tracks are destined to be poor each week, others can be good and bad. Some are amazing and serve up top notch racing each week. Of the ones that remain, Belle Vue must be the top choice. but bearing in mind the Planning, and financing if it wasn't, then serious questions would be asked..

The problem we have at Lynn is more to do with the shale than the shape or the Stock Car usage. I am in no doubts if we had the proper stuff, prepared as it should, the racing would be far better.

To me the quality of racing is more important than the result.....

I agree...the quality of the racing is far more important than the result.

And I agree with your sentiments...not all tracks 'fitted' are poor, and you rightly point out it's down to a look of changes to the bikes over the years and track preparation.

However...I still prefer racing at a track that's purpose built.

It reminds me in many ways, of Golf courses that were built when hickory shafts were en vogue. With todays golf club technology, many of the wonderful old courses are now useless as they, don't play according to how they should, as the technology means the ball can be hit further. They play totally differently and are less enjoyable because of the technology.

Same can be said of some Speedway tracks.

• Like 1

Was Liam Carr the only possible option for KL? If so the sport becomes even more of a joke, as he will be completely outclassed and no one can imagine he will score. Just making up the numbers. With r/r for Porsing a heavy defeat looks like the only possible result.The Stars need the Holder & Lambert of the Pairs competition to even put on a show ( or provide decent racing ).

Was Liam Carr the only possible option for KL? If so the sport becomes even more of a joke, as he will be completely outclassed and no one can imagine he will score. Just making up the numbers. With r/r for Porsing a heavy defeat looks like the only possible result.The Stars need the Holder & Lambert of the Pairs competition to even put on a show ( or provide decent racing ).

You having a laugh😂, Batch, Rose and Huckenbeck have all gone well at Somerset.
  • Like 1

Huckenbeck is going to have a busy night by the looks of it. He will have his 4 rides, plus 2 of Porsing's, and also one of Carr's rides. If he has an E/F we could be in S---te street.

And this has all been created by these stupid average delay.....

The stupid average delay is caused by the stupid people running british speedway.

• Like 1

The stupid average delay is caused by the stupid people running british speedway.

Agree it has been stupid but fans expect silly ideas and rulings from the bspa. Now that Swindon has had its 4th home meeting I believe that all clubs have now had 4h and 4a so averages can be recalculated, not sure what happens about a rider who might have only had one or two meetings, and I think there will be a few more team rider changes taking place from now.

In the match at Somerset several weeks ago Porsing scored zero Also we are still tied down to a No 7 until the new averages are out just over 2 and their aint a lot of them about

Agree it has been stupid but fans expect silly ideas and rulings from the bspa. Now that Swindon has had its 4th home meeting I believe that all clubs have now had 4h and 4a so averages can be recalculated, not sure what happens about a rider who might have only had one or two meetings, and I think there will be a few more team rider changes taking place from now.

From what I hear, their averages will be assessed, crazy or what.

No one is predicting a score I see. I predict that the Stars will do well to reach 36 and they could get less with that team. My fingers are crossed that they will do better of course, as a fan of the Stars.

Nothing was more ridiculous then having to use PL averages in a EL league. Added to that the riders who hadn't got a PL average had to multiply their EL with a 1.4 evaluation to form some sort of levelling factor. When questioned it was said these figures are for team construction only and new proper figures to be used when attained from matches this year. There has been no announcement made from that point. We then hear riders will now need to have 4 H and 4 A before they will be changed, That I don't understand. Any figure attained, be from 1 , 3, 5 meetings has to be more realistic and accurate than the rubbish we are using at present.. Then it was announced no changes would be implemented until all Clubs had completed 4H and 4A in the view of fairness. God knows what fairness has to do with it.. Some teams will have played far more than others using this higher scores.. We will be almost to July, and teams and riders are still using fictitious figures, fabricated back in February.... The delay has made the whole idea laughable...

One has to ask if we can compete using this stupid PL method for half a season, why do we need averages at all. Let clubs pick the riders they want.... Simple, anything has to be better than we have at present....

• Like 2

No one is predicting a score I see. I predict that the Stars will do well to reach 36 and they could get less with that team. My fingers are crossed that they will do better of course, as a fan of the Stars.

Batch,Rose and Huckenbeck x2 for Porsing should return 4-5.Can't see Nick scoring more.I think he drew a black last time he was there.

Kurtz is a big plus for MPT..Branford in for Heeps is a minus.And of couse Carr for Lambert is a minus.

I'll stick my neck out and say 48-42 home win.

Top scored for Lynn, Batch 12 from 6( if he gets HT15)

Now watch me fall flat on my face ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

What a nightmare... Left to go over an hour ago... Got to m5 and literally did half a mile. It's gridlock. Radio says 2 hours to get to Clevedon. Sod sitting in that traffic in this heat. Hope all the riders left early enough... Wouldn't be surprised if start was delayed. Why Somerset race on a Friday is beyond me. It must affect the gate so many times.

• Like 2

What a nightmare... Left to go over an hour ago... Got to m5 and literally did half a mile. It's gridlock. Radio says 2 hours to get to Clevedon. Sod sitting in that traffic in this heat. Hope all the riders left early enough... Wouldn't be surprised if start was delayed. Why Somerset race on a Friday is beyond me. It must affect the gate so many times.

Isn't it some sort of council crap. Have to admit it puts me off a bit. Took me four and a half hours once😔
  • Like 1