British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Glasgow Championship 18 June 2017

it may be possible to replace Lindgren., Morris & Hopwood with Tungate, Graversen and Carr. Don't get too excited

Don't worry, I shan't!

It would be good if we could fit Liam Carr in but Tungate is a Kus-style gater and if you were to look up "plodder" in Hauzinger's Encyclopaedia of Speedway it says "See Graversen, J".

• Like 1

George English aided by a few others has kept speedway going at Brough Park longer than any other promoter we have had, so I hesitate to criticise him at all. He does say he would let someone else take over as team manager so he can concentrate on other matters. I think it would be a good step to take if someone wanted the team manager job. My vote would go to Roy Clarke if he threw his name into the pot. George could then concentrate on Newcastle Speedway LTD.

surely there must be somebody that could do it ???

there's plenty on here that could, but defininetly not WKD ;)

Don't worry, I shan't!

It would be good if we could fit Liam Carr in but Tungate is a Kus-style gater and if you were to look up "plodder" in Hauzinger's Encyclopaedia of Speedway it says "See Graversen, J".

I agree totally, however as I have said previously the big issue is two reserves who are more likely to score 1 between them than any other score.

To get someone like Liam Carr in we would have to take "lesser" riders elsewhere - to me Tungate is one rider who will be on a falsely low average - Graversen is an option to fit, but you could look at Grondal (4.39), Morley (3.85), maybe Adam Ellis but his average is be advised - it is all hypothetical until Premier averages and conversion rate is revealed!

Who was that dane who Swindon were meant to be signing at the start of the season Patrick Hansen or someone? Could we not tempt him ove to do a few meetings and get a proper average with a view to next year?

Got nothing to lose because we aren't going to make the playoffs

I watched Ludde last night and expected him to do his trademark blasts around the outside but he was riding close to the white line when his aggressive outside riding would have gained him a point or two i think and the team would have grabbed a narrow win. So what is wrong with him of late, are his best bikes saved for European meetings? or is he traveling too much or like most riders do, has he just gone off the boil temporarily?

Certainly don't think it's anything to do with european meetings. He's only riding in one division in Sweden unlike last year when he did two. Personally I think the problem is his GTR engines. They are just slow (over here and abroad). He looked a different rider in heat 15 at Redcar aboard Ash's bike after they'd obviously made some changes to it after heat 14. Lindgren senior's GTR's aren't exactly jet propelled either at the moment.

Certainly don't think it's anything to do with european meetings. He's only riding in one division in Sweden unlike last year when he did two. Personally I think the problem is his GTR engines. They are just slow (over here and abroad). He looked a different rider in heat 15 at Redcar aboard Ash's bike after they'd obviously made some changes to it after heat 14. Lindgren senior's GTR's aren't exactly jet propelled either at the moment.

Lindgren has a mid season dip every season for us. The bikes always get blamed. In years gone by under performing riders have been replaced he hasn't you have to wonder why.

Tungate rides in Poland on a Sunday so don't think he would come

thank goodness for that.

yeah,,, wasn't very tactful, (what was said),,,,

even before he goes to the doctors, (on Tuesday).

its only a scaphoid, doesn't have much use, a bit like a woodruff key ;)

I once broke mine at a Quiz Night (but that's another story !!) and the doctor at the hospital said that it was vital to have it reset properly as it plays a very important role in blood circulation to the hand. I hope Mr Worrall has taken good advice before attempting to ride, tonight, with it broken and not in a cumbersome stookie.

• Like 1

But EXACTLY right when I wrote it.

But you must be disappointed with the result?

Would probably have lost if Super Stevie had been riding.

Got to love Monarch logic , we won 47-43 away from home and should be disappointed . Shame I had to miss this , and it looks as if we got off to a nightmare start , but chipped away and eventually got the win . Another valuable three points to help getting a top 4 finish , beginning to look like Glasgow , Ipswich , Forces of Darkness and a.n . other for the top 4 .

• Like 1

Sheffo probably favourites for the a n other spot.

Sheffo probably favourites for the a n other spot.

Aye after yesterday's result you're probably right

Lindgren wasn't using his GTR last night! He tried both bike last night which both had GM'S! But He was still off the pace don't think it's his equipment! Only himself to blame

Lindgren wasn't using his GTR last night! He tried both bike last night which both had GM'S! But He was still off the pace don't think it's his equipment! Only himself to blame

Can confirm that. I even went into the pits to check.

• Like 1

He wasn't off the pace in heat 14 (rather frustratingly!)!

• Like 1