British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Championship Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday June 25

Mr Lindgren came to the party and look at the difference... well done captain.

yes,when your struggling worky are the team to accomodate
  • Like 1

Just as a matter of interest, how many points could be deemed as "enough" for Workington to stand a reasonable chance of winning against anyone, anywhere on aggregate? :unsure:

Cant believe they have bombed this match from such a commanding position, very very disappointing? :oops:

Still, the good thing is, that's two more matches we dont have to find room for, alongside the other five that are still up in the air?

A good day turned sour but, that's the Comets on the road for ya, you just never know what your gonna get, back to the league now, see what we can do in that, sometime in July I think that is? ;)

A thriller. As Roy said from the centrgreen, speedway was the biggest winner and it would restore faith in the sport were that needed.

The absence of Craig Cook from the rerun of heat 15 was a shame and I hope he (if he was feeling his spill) and Robert are ok.

A thriller. As Roy said from the centrgreen, speedway was the biggest winner and it would restore faith in the sport were that needed.

The absence of Craig Cook from the rerun of heat 15 was a shame and I hope he (if he was feeling his spill) and Robert are ok.

More a bike issue than a human issue (as far as Cookie is concerned).

Edited by Steve Park

Speedway was not the winner for me ... a meeting almost 3 hours in duration??? Tractor racing, re-working the track on bends 3 and 4 for 30 mins, tapes malfunction (how many times? I lost count). Roy fills in very well but dear me it was dragged out tonight ...

Sorry but 3 hours to run 15 one minute races is ridiculous. There really is no excuse - 90 minutes should be more than enough time, even given for riders having consecutive races and falls etc. What should have been a classic (and the races themselves were very entertaining) was ruined by the endless delays between heats. The tractor did more laps than the bikes. Honestly felt like I was at a Roy Clarke chat show for most of the night.

God knows what any newcomers would have made of it and it is such a shame as the actual racing was quality and obviously an exciting outcome but the suspense was slow to build because of the delays. Newcastle are generally very slow at running meetings but tonight takes the biscuit.

Good effort from the Diamonds. Worrall, with a broken wrist was magnificent as were the others. Greenwood I'm afraid is no better than Coles and not good enough for this level. What on earth Workington were doing in heat 15 is beyond me. Can't blame the referee for wanting to get on with it - it was 10.15pm for god's sake. Surely the British Champion should have had another bike on stand by for such an occurrence. Gave the impression that he was peeved at not being given more time and spat his dummy out. To end up with only one rider in such a massive race was beyond the joke and such an anti-climax.

• Like 2

So, what do you want them to do? Leave the track alone and just let riders keep on crashing and getting injured?

• Like 2

More a bike issue than a human issue (as far as Cookie is concerned).

So why was Cookie outraged about being timed out on 2 minutes, when he made no attempt to prepare to ride, no helmet or gloves, whilst a bike was spinning away being warmed up. Something else must have happened, but he didn't look like his wrist was damaged despite him holding it walking off the track. Strange.

Never expected to win tonight and certainly not enough to overtake the lead that Worky had. Cometh the moment cometh the men, every Diamond gave their all with good performances, with the exception of Dan Greenwood who was as bad tonight as he was the last time he rode for us.

Pity about the delays, but if a hole appears unexpectedly it has to be repaired to the refs and riders satisfaction. If it takes half an hour, so be it, if we wanted the meeting to go to a conclusion.

Man of the night - Roy Clarke

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

"The greatest comeback since Lazarus!" ~Sid Waddell

Both meetings were good. There were some good moves, and Cook was on fire, no doubt about it, both teams performed well at their own track. I'm still a bit shocked the diamonds came back from being 18 points down at one point. Hopwood really pulled it out the bag, scoring 7 in the second leg. The only thing I wasn't too happy about as how it ended. Heat 15 will definitely be a talking point, and personally, I didn't think it should have ended that way. I understand the rules, but Cook obviously wasn't ready after that crash.

I definitely agree the second leg went on for too long, if Roy wasn't there it would have been far worse. A bit too much grading on the 3rd and 4th bend. Speaking of 4th bend, I hope Lambert and Sarjeant make a speedy recovery. :t:

Hopefully we do well against the Tigers! :)

So, what do you want them to do? Leave the track alone and just let riders keep on crashing and getting injured?

Why wasn't the track raceable from the start? Even if a big hole appears unexpectedly and causes a 30 minute delay (which shouldn't happen) that doesn't explain 3 bloody hours. It happens far too often at Newcastle. If we want to attract new supporters to the speedway then I'm sorry but the running of the meetings has to improve. You can use all the excuses you want about lack of track time, lack of equipment, resources etc. and some of those they may be valid but the fact is that it is an absolute turn off when you are at a meeting for that length of time. It's 2017 and people have a lot of things they can do with their time. At the end of the day it's 15, 1 minute races that people are paying to see.

• Like 3

So, there's just been probably the best meeting at Brough for many years, possibly since 2010, maybe even earlier, but people are still finding something to moan about on here... Sounds about right...

• Like 2

So, there's just been probably the best meeting at Brough for many years, possibly since 2010, maybe even earlier, but people are still finding something to moan about on here... Sounds about right...

it was only really the runtime and heat 15.

it was only really the runtime and heat 15.

Heat 15 only added to the drama, drama is what creates atmospheres (good and bad, yes) but that's what we like about sports... Atmosphere, I have never heard so much atmosphere in the stadium as I have tonight, I don't know if that's because everyone was outside, or because the meeting was so good, but tonight was one of the best speedway meeting I have ever been to (only since 2009)

Yeah, the runtime was quite long, but as previously mentioned, it's best to sort the track out so that the riders don't keep falling off and getting injured, I hope all riders (James, Robert and Craig if actually hurt) are all ok and are able to take part in whenever their next meetings are... Good luck :t: