British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Championship Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday June 25

If I may have my two pennorth, I'd love to see Scott Nicholls wear the black and white on Sunday.

Dandelion, I wouldn't disrespect Berwick. There are decent riders in their team and they're usually up for it at BP. For that reason if we're entitled to two guests I'd do for Kyle Howarth- a great hundred per center.

Still showing their team as Doyle, Batchelor, Holder, Morris & Fricke on SWC site.

Are riders outwith the five selected, but in the original squad, prevented from riding elsewhere during WTC week ?

Yes I got that wrong. Surprised Masters isn't in the squad though I'm not sure who I'd leave out.

As for weather, it's only a continued light drizzle. I saw and heard the tractors out on the track (I live close, i didnt travel :rofl: )so I imagine they're doing their best to keep the meeting on. Hopefully it should still be on. :t:

could they have been the tractors on the dog track ?

If I may have my two pennorth, I'd love to see Scott Nicholls wear the black and white on Sunday.

Dandelion, I wouldn't disrespect Berwick. There are decent riders in their team and they're usually up for it at BP. For that reason if we're entitled to two guests I'd do for Kyle Howarth- a great hundred per center.

I love Scott Nicholls, I'd love to see him ride for Newcastle... But will he not be busy with BT on Sunday? Being a commentator :P

Hey, I mean absolutely ZERO disrespect for Berwick, I know they're a good team and I used to watch there quite frequently, all I'm saying is that it SHOULD be a pretty comfortable win for Newcastle... And therefore, I'd like to see some of our less experienced and our number 8 get a run out, they need the track time, if anything, I'm showing disrespect to the three riders I mentioned, calling them inexperienced at Brough :P

could they have been the tractors on the dog track ?

From where I was looking, it certainly looked like they were on the speedway track. It makes sense with the rain.

nor will there be or someones job in newcastle could be on the line . ( george carpet english )

Why ? The result was made on Sunday night by Cookie.

Why ? The result was made on Sunday night by Cookie.

now thats not fair Dave,,, blaming one person, captain or not, for the inadequacies throughout the team,,, the team captains role should be to galvanise the team and, not to carry a burden !!!

• Like 1

now thats not fair Dave,,, blaming one person, captain or not, for the inadequacies throughout the team,,, the team captains role should be to galvanise the team and, not to carry a burden !!!

He did do that, until heat 15 , when it was obvious he was going to sit it out. Bike being warmed through both two minutes and the gap in between, and never attempted to put a helmet, goggles or gloves on.

Incidently, I would take exception with Matt W, saying in the SS Worky column that the Diamonds fans cheered when both Cook and Tomas, not just Cook, crashed in the first bend tussle in heat 15. For a little while we didn't know who had crashed, as the way Thomas went in and went straight on( it was difficult to see because of the flying shale) we thought it was Ludde who was in between Tomas and Cook. He must have just missed Ludde, and then hit his own man and bent both bikes. Given that, and all 4 back, why would we cheer when the crash happened. Mind you, when Cook was excluded both times we did cheer with gusto. Why not, be rude not to. :P

Edited by Tsunami

He did do that, until heat 15 , when it was obvious he was going to sit it out. Bike being warmed through both two minutes and the gap in between, and never attempted to put a helmet, goggles or gloves on.

'come on' Dave, the tie was already over after ht14 ;)

and never attempted to put a helmet, goggles or gloves on.

maybe he was gonna just go home in his socks n shoes/flip-flops ;)

• Like 1

Well where I stood, no one cheered when the riders crashed? They cheered when Cook was disqualified AFTER both 2 minutes ran out, well, well after the crash, when clearly both the riders were up and ok... (And this was only because we got the result, not because Craig was out of the race) It was also interesting to read on the Workington website, apparently Thomas was taken off, but from where I stand, it looked like he fell off himself and took Craig down with him

Edited by Dandelion

Well where I stood, no one cheered when the riders crashed? They cheered when Cook was disqualified AFTER both 2 minutes ran out, well, well after the crash, when clearly both the riders were up and ok... (And this was only because we got the result, not because Craig was out of the race) It was also interesting to read on the Workington website, apparently Thomas was taken off, but from where I stand, it looked like he fell off himself and took Craig down with him

I actually got the riders confused, and thought Jorgensen was the one stuck under the fence.

I actually got the riders confused, and thought Jorgensen was the one stuck under the fence.

I didn't even realize one was stuck under the fence, it was hard to see from the other side of the stadium, especially with all of the crowds of people

We already beat Berwick in the championship this season, and I think it was by 20+ points. Even without Lambert and Worrall, the guests will probably do great. A win seems more than likely. Would prefer the tigers pairing ;)

As for weather, it's only a continued light drizzle. I saw and heard the tractors out on the track (I live close, i didnt travel :rofl: )so I imagine they're doing their best to keep the meeting on. Hopefully it should still be on. :t:

As far as i'm aware, we only have access to the track on the day of a meeting.

• Like 1