British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midget

Workington Team Changes......

hes not doing whats expected by some

Yeah!

This is what makes me laugh. People come on here at the beginning of every season bleating on about how so and so is gonna put 2 points on his average and Joe Bloggs is a certainty to put 3 on his.

I (unofficially) do some stats for Redcar Speedway including the Fans Forum. One of the stats I like to produce is a list at the end of each month of the top 20 'Most Improved Riders' based on the riders season starting official MA compared to my unofficial current average. For the last 3 years or so you would have had to put 1 point (yes 1 single point) on your starting average to guarantee a place in this Top 20. This year (the year the League has been diluted down and everyone including Tom Cobbley was going to increase their average) as of the end of May (been on holiday and not quite caught up yet) then an increase of 0.75 points gets you in. Josh Bates is 20th with an increase of 0.77.

People seem to have high expectations without a full grasp of the requirements. I think Proctor and Jorgensen are doing a fine job and along with the efforts of Matt Williamson I suspect you'll make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Yeah!

This is what makes me laugh. People come on here at the beginning of every season bleating on about how so and so is gonna put 2 points on his average and Joe Bloggs is a certainty to put 3 on his.

I (unofficially) do some stats for Redcar Speedway including the Fans Forum. One of the stats I like to produce is a list at the end of each month of the top 20 'Most Improved Riders' based on the riders season starting official MA compared to my unofficial current average. For the last 3 years or so you would have had to put 1 point (yes 1 single point) on your starting average to guarantee a place in this Top 20. This year (the year the League has been diluted down and everyone including Tom Cobbley was going to increase their average) as of the end of May (been on holiday and not quite caught up yet) then an increase of 0.75 points gets you in. Josh Bates is 20th with an increase of 0.77.

People seem to have high expectations without a full grasp of the requirements. I think Proctor and Jorgensen are doing a fine job and along with the efforts of Matt Williamson I suspect you'll make the playoffs.

You can go off ya stats all you want, but if you had seen all the Workington meeting this season (like I have myself) then I feel you would be far from impressed with proctor yourself. Look at the difference between let's say Charles Wright your number 3 and ty proctor Workingtons number 3, who would you prefer? Wright has protected your middle order, an protected it well, both started on similar averages. Also Wright doesn't stay in the position he gates from, so doesn't get beat by reserves if they outgate him. Edited by Midget

Yeah. I'll go along with that. Wright is a completely different rider from the one we saw previously and Proctor would probably be a different proposition if he'd been riding at the MPA (we did try to fit him in! Both would have been nice, but greedy)

Stats are rubbish, but it's what I do. Passes my time and some other people seem to be interested. Just double checked anyway and there's only been 70 riders ridden more than 6 matches this year (barring guesting) so my top 20 seems a bit of a waste anyway - still keep on doing it though!