British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Woffy Vs Rosco

People were saying that woffy was out in McDonald's like night munching on a big Mac .it that this good food he's go's on about

Absolutely shocking if true , I always thought he was Burger King type of a guy :rofl:

• Like 2

Absolutely shocking if true , I always thought he was Burger King type of a guy :rofl:

Liked the price of the Happy Meal at McDonalds.
  • Like 2

Amazed he never drove somewhere else for some nice food lol .
  • Like 1

Whilst we have all eaten some fast food without thinking about the issues... especially Mcdonalds, by and large, I agree about the Professionalism that Speedway riders need to adhere to if they want to succeed. And I think he does make some good points.

However...What gets my Goat, is the hypocrisy when waving about, drinking and promoting the likes of Redbull and Monster energy drinks. It happens in other sports too. Yes, they provide the money...but imo, it's no different to Woffie holding and smoking a cigarette and promoting a tobacco brand like they did in the 60's and 70's.

Actions speak louder than words...especially if they are lining your pockets with ££££££.

Catch 22 some may say...

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/10October/Pages/Warnings-issued-over-energy-drink-risks.aspx

http://healthycures.org/hamburger-chef-jamie-oliver-proves-mcdonalds-burgers-unfit-for-human-consumption

• Like 1

Whilst we have all eaten some fast food without thinking about the issues... especially Mcdonalds, by and large, I agree about the Professionalism that Speedway riders need to adhere to if they want to succeed. And I think he does make some good points.

However...What gets my Goat, is the hypocrisy when waving about, drinking and promoting the likes of Redbull and Monster energy drinks. It happens in other sports too. Yes, they provide the money...but imo, it's no different to Woffie holding and smoking a cigarette and promoting a tobacco brand like they did in the 60's and 70's.

Actions speak louder than words...especially if they are lining your pockets with ££££££.

Catch 22 some may say...

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/10October/Pages/Warnings-issued-over-energy-drink-risks.aspx

http://healthycures.org/hamburger-chef-jamie-oliver-proves-mcdonalds-burgers-unfit-for-human-consumption

Ask him about the Snus he keeps sticking behind his lip between races.

• Like 1

Ask him about the Snus he keeps sticking behind his lip between races.

Do you mean snuff? Seen that a lot with riders, especially Scandies.

No! It is tobacco in sachets that are placed between the upper lip and gum, it is actually illegal here but not in Sweden where there seems to be a higher level of mouth cancer. You can get it online and some Swedes distribute it here, it's very popular with riders and I've seen Tai use it and Darcy used to be a user. So while you made a sort of point about him smoking (as with riders of old), he actually is in effect. Snuff is powdered tobacco that is sniffed into the nostrils.

• Like 1

Snus is tobacco based and is put behind the lip. It must just leech out as it gets wetter and wetter giving a nicotine hit.

No! It is tobacco in sachets that are placed between the upper lip and gum, it is actually illegal here but not in Sweden where there seems to be a higher level of mouth cancer. You can get it online and some Swedes distribute it here, it's very popular with riders and I've seen Tai use it and Darcy used to be a user. So while you made a sort of point about him smoking (as with riders of old), he actually is in effect. Snuff is powdered tobacco that is sniffed into the nostrils.

Ah right...chewing tobacco...I knew what it was, but got it mixed up with Snuff because of the word Snus.

Just to point out...I didn't mean to imply he smoked. Just to say that imo, promoting Monster and Redbull is no different to Tobacco companies.

Like I've said...I've seen Chewing tobacco used by riders, especially Scandies, and by Ski Racers. It stimulates you by releasing Glucose from the liver and adrenalin from gland....but also has the effect of relaxing you as well. With a side effect of increasing your metabolism, which will keep your weight down.

Can see why a rider would use it...as do the Ski Racers.

Ah right...chewing tobacco...I knew what it was, but got it mixed up with Snuff because of the word Snus.

Just to point out...I didn't mean to imply he smoked. Just to say that imo, promoting Monster and Redbull is no different to Tobacco companies.

Like I've said...I've seen Chewing tobacco used by riders, especially Scandies, and by Ski Racers. It stimulates you by releasing Glucose from the liver and adrenalin from gland....but also has the effect of relaxing you as well. With a side effect of increasing your metabolism, which will keep your weight down.

Can see why a rider would use it...as do the Ski Racers.

It isn't chewing tobacco but they're all tobacco products, it actually looks like little teabags.

• Like 1

That's makes no sense again..surely him being in the world cup where he would spend more time with these people would be a bigger benefit .

the trouble is that is not true as he wants to ride in the world games . As has been said over and over his stance and morals go out the window when it suits him .

Makes no sense because you dont want it to. As I said two different scenarios. World Games was at Tai's home track. No point in me explaining it all again for the fourth time tho.

I'll just respectfully agree to disagree.

Makes no sense because you dont want it to. As I said two different scenarios. World Games was at Tai's home track. No point in me explaining it all again for the fourth time tho.

I'll just respectfully agree to disagree.

That was not the point you were making this time ..i ask you how can the world games be more benefit to the gb riders than with woffy than the world cup with him as you are saying ..it makes no sense .

TWO different scenarios. He was never riding in the World Cup this year. we knew that 12 months ago. The World Games was at his home track. He offered to ride and the BSPA inquired about his availability. They should have picked him as it would have benefitted other GB boys watching Tai at close quarters. He could have helped them all and was willing to do so. After the performance in the SWC Final I'd argue it'd be an even smarter mover to include Tai in this World Games squad as the boys clearly need some advice/help.

I never said (or if I did apologies never meant) to say one was more beneficial than the other.He was NEVER riding in the SWC this year. The World Games was a VERY SEPARATE issue. Tai wanted to ride, Wroclaw wanted him to ride, BSPA almost wanted him to ride. It's madness in my oinion he isnt.

Edited by RPNYC

TWO different scenarios. He was never riding in the World Cup this year. we knew that 12 months ago. The World Games was at his home track. He offered to ride and the BSPA inquired about his availability. They should have picked him as it would have benefitted other GB boys watching Tai at close quarters. He could have helped them all and was willing to do so. After the performance in the SWC Final I'd argue it'd be an even smarter mover to include Tai in this World Games squad as the boys clearly need some advice/help.

I never said (or if I did apologies never meant) to say one was more beneficial than the other.He was NEVER riding in the SWC this year. The World Games was a VERY SEPARATE issue. Tai wanted to ride, Wroclaw wanted him to ride, BSPA almost wanted him to ride. It's madness in my oinion he isnt.

Tai has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with the Bspa so how could have wanted to ride unless he not being trueful of course ..as I said before you can't have it both ways..either you stick to your values or your don't.
  • Like 1

Tai shouldn't be picked for the World Games if he can't be bothered to do the SWC. He's made his bed so now has to lie in it. You can't pick & choose when you want to get involved.

He would have only wanted to do it as it benefits him. Home track, he has lots of Polish sponsors & would have only had to put up with Rosco for a couple of hours.

May as well send Bewley & Lambert. Surely Cook will pull out to save face.