Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins 19/07/17

1. H. Andersen

2. J. Holder

3. L. Sundstrom

4. V. Milik

5. B. Kurtz

6. T. Lahti

7. J. Shanes

I know you're grasping at straws but, out of interest, what are the averages of those riders, and Jonasson? Isn't Sundstrom 7.22? Would that team fit 42?

As KK is leaving shortly, was there a collection amongst the faithful to recognise his sterling service?

I wonder, does KK hold the record for the amount of times he has been sacked by British clubs, or even for fake injuries or worst excuses for not riding? ;)

Thankfully I wasnt there last night.

Well done Swindon, you can only beat whats in front of you. Not a lot from what Im reading!

I was there for the KL meeting, yet despite the score, Poole were thoroughly thrashed that night. The score most definitely flattered Poole, big time. I said then that major changes need to be made as Poole were cannon fodder for a half decent team.

I visited the pits before the KL meeting and all I saw was Poole riders doing their own thing. Normally theres plenty of banter etc. No sign of it at all. No apparent team spirit. KL side were all laughing joking and very up beat. The result was inevitable. We got very very lucky at KL and Wolves, it flatters to deceive. Its probably the worst thing has happened to be honest, as it simply papered over the cracks.

Now is the time when you find out who the real fans are. Plenty when your winning. Ive heard that quite a few fans were saying they wont come back. Why? Get behind YOUR team, as its now when they really need you.When you have a bad time at work or home, do you dessert your friends or family? Of course not. The best medicine is a comforting word from those that care.

I simply cant make it to Poole every week, I live over 100 miles away, Plymouth is my local track and I dont finish work on time. I would be there though if I could. I dont always agree or like some of things Ford does, but Poole Speedway is in my blood. I hate seeing the club in disarray as it currently appears to be. It needs sorting and quickly.

Changes are coming according to Ford.

I hope so.

very good thought out post. Im surprised there is a lack of banter in the Poole pits, usually i would have thought the spirit would be ok in the club. KK is known (especially to Coventry fans) as not a team player so maybe him being there is far worse than just his low scores, maybe he isnt good for morale.

Oh.

Stupid rules.

The BSPA have ruined British Speedway now. Why do we have to have 2 Brits per a team. Just keep those silly rules for the Championship

Yeah i think it would be best to have no Brits in the top league..........better they dont test themselves and then we can do better on the world stage!

• Like 1

I know you're grasping at straws but, out of interest, what are the averages of those riders, and Jonasson? Isn't Sundstrom 7.22? Would that team fit 42?

Sundstrom you are correct 7.22

THJ's last average over here was something like 5.60.

very good thought out post. Im surprised there is a lack of banter in the Poole pits, usually i would have thought the spirit would be ok in the club. KK is known (especially to Coventry fans) as not a team player so maybe him being there is far worse than just his low scores, maybe he isnt good for morale.

Yeah i think it would be best to have no Brits in the top league..........better they dont test themselves and then we can do better on the world stage!

Britain are never going to do anything on the world stage anyway. Keep some Brits in the top league.

Riders like (Cook, S. Worrall, King, R. Lambert, Harris, Nicholls and more).

Lets face it all these stupid Brit rules are just causing havoc anyway. Nearly every Brit doubles up and it causes big problems for Championship sides. Guests galore due to riders doubling up.

Keep the 2 British riders per a team rule for the Championship. Premiership should be 1 Brit per a team.

Edited by Gater1

Current averages on BSPA seem to be Kurtz 8.76, Andersen 8.31, Holder 6.11, Lahti 5.45 & Shanes 2.35, leaving 11.02 to 42, so Sundstrom 7.22 would leave 3.8. Grondal anyone?

Milik is 5.67, Jonasson 5.3, Gomolski 5.51, Mroczka 5.85, Larsen 6.57, Andreas Jonsson 7.84, Pawlickis 6.75 & 7.32. Maybe Jepsen Jensen (haven't checked but about 5.5?)

Best 11.02 combo? And if you need two Brits/ex NL riders you'd have to keep Starke 4.83 & drop Holder, leaving 12.3, so maybe Gomolski & Milik?

But would that really improve the team?

You're doomed!

It won't surprise anyone that Ford is obviously working behind the scenes to replace Kasprzak, it will clearly be a GP star and the deal will be done before the end of the month.

Will be done by the end of the week according to todays Echo.

Current averages on BSPA seem to be Kurtz 8.76, Andersen 8.31, Holder 6.11, Lahti 5.45 & Shanes 2.35, leaving 11.02 to 42, so Sundstrom 7.22 would leave 3.8. Grondal anyone?

Milik is 5.67, Jonasson 5.3, Gomolski 5.51, Mroczka 5.85, Larsen 6.57, Andreas Jonsson 7.84, Pawlickis 6.75 & 7.32. Maybe Jepsen Jensen (haven't checked but about 5.5?)

Best 11.02 combo? And if you need two Brits/ex NL riders you'd have to keep Starke 4.83 & drop Holder, leaving 12.3, so maybe Gomolski & Milik?

But would that really improve the team?

You're doomed!

Grondal is useless.

Kurtz will be a straight swap for Worrall that was the deal (28 day replacement)

Andreas Jonsson straight swap for KK possibly?

Edited by Gater1

Grondal is useless.

Kurtz will be a straight swap for Worrall that was the deal (28 day replacement)

Andreas Jonsson straight swap for KK possibly?

AJ is hardly setting the speedway world on fire so I can't see Ford going after him. He's been on a downward spiral for a few years.

AJ is hardly setting the speedway world on fire so I can't see Ford going after him. He's been on a downward spiral for a few years.

True.

Janusz Kolodziej? Doesn't ride in Sweden. Doesn't rides in the GP'S or the SEC so if the money was right Janusz could be tempted.

I think Matt will be seeing a few riders coming over today for the GP tommoz. Only rider who we can win the league from here is Magic/Dudek!! Not a chance they sign but only two.

Matt needs to sign someone with UK experience!

Lahti is a good rider! If he can get 10 in Sweden and Poland should be able to get it here. Should have got more points last night if KK didn't cut him off!

I think Matt will be seeing a few riders coming over today for the GP tommoz. Only rider who we can win the league from here is Magic/Dudek!! Not a chance they sign but only two.

Matt needs to sign someone with UK experience!

Lahti is a good rider! If he can get 10 in Sweden and Poland should be able to get it here. Should have got more points last night if KK didn't cut him off!

Lahti has been a good signing. 5 points at home and 5 at Wolves when KK has tried to cut him off at any given opportunity.

My money is on AJ.

Shocking performance last night. Matt Ford will make changes without a doubt. Don't write us off yet folks! That's all I'm going to say :t:

Please dont try and come across like you know more than anybody else, because you don't...

Edited by Starman2006

Please dont try and come across like you know more than anybody else, because you don't...

TBF in the Bournemouth Echo MF said changes will be made within the week.

• Like 1

TBF in the Bournemouth Echo MF said changes will be made within the week.

What is that on the track or off it ?

I think we need to get some Magic back in the team, if Milik could come we wouldn't have signed Lahti. Can only see one change, Starke, J Holder, Hans, Shanes,Kurtz have all done good jobs and Lahti needs a period of adjustment and will improve.