British Speedway Forum

Rye House V Wolves Saturday 15th July.

The meeting turned in heat 12 with a totally unexpected 5-1 from Barker & Morley over Schlein & Perks. Up to then, it had really been nip and tuck.

I can't help but think that the track should be better and if it was it would help Rye House. Most of the passing was off the second bend after the start where as Harris & Barker in particular would benefit from more racing lines.

• Like 1

anyone have an accurate scorecard from tonight

scb saying robson scored 12, updates saying 10

also some confusion on harris total

thanks

Updates has Heat 3, Heat 10 and Heat 14 wrong

Heat 3 was : Schlein, Robson, Thorssell, Wells

Heat 10 was : Schlein, Barker, Harris, Thorssell

Heat 14 was : Robson, Thorssell, Perks, Wells

Edited by ballinger

Updates has Heat 3, Heat 10 and Heat 14 wrong

Heat 3 was : Schlein, Robson, Thorssell, Wells

Heat 10 was : Schlein, Barker, Harris, Thorssell

Heat 14 was : Robson, Thorssell, Perks, Wells

thanks, can you confirm how many points harris scored?

I had a bet on him to score exactly 10, settled as a losing bet but can see in several places he scored 10

Have Rye House got KK guesting at number 1? As it's clearly not the Lindgren stevebrum tells us about :P

Ah, bless.

I bet you have waited ALL season for Freddie to have a KK type meeting.

Shame you can't compare it to a good KK score tho. :wink:

thanks, can you confirm how many points harris scored?

I had a bet on him to score exactly 10, settled as a losing bet but can see in several places he scored 10

Harris got 10+2.

• Like 1

Thorsell really is becoming a one track pony. Looks unbeatable at Monmore but let his team down very badly tonight. Been doing it on a regular occurance in Wolves travels. James Shanes passed him and held him off at Poole earlier this season.

Thorsell always looks like he could break through to be a top rider. But never does. And on Monday he will probably score 14 or 15.

• Like 1

to be fair I think he is riding with a knee injury

He had to have physio Monday before riding as he was carrying neck and shoulder injuries (probably from the crash in world cup final) and only scored 6. He is obviously carrying an injury. Think he said his knee isn't the problem anymore.

Thorsell really is becoming a one track pony. Looks unbeatable at Monmore but let his team down very badly tonight. Been doing it on a regular occurance in Wolves travels. James Shanes passed him and held him off at Poole earlier this season.

Thorsell always looks like he could break through to be a top rider. But never does. And on Monday he will probably score 14 or 15.

And his previous last 2 away matches top scored with 12 at Swindon and 13 at kings Lynn.

Shame when facts let you down.

:t:

He had to have physio Monday before riding as he was carrying neck and shoulder injuries (probably from the crash in world cup final) and only scored 6. He is obviously carrying an injury. Think he said his knee isn't the problem anymore.

And his previous last 2 away matches top scored with 12 at Swindon and 13 at kings Lynn.

Shame when facts let you down.

:t:

I am not some saddo to go through all Wolves away meetings this season and last, but I bet I would find quite a few occassions where Thorsell has scored 5 or less away from Monmore. While he can be unbeatable at Monmore, he is mostly disappointing on his travels.

I should concentrate on your own problems if I were you i.e. Kaspercrap. Thorsell had a bad meeting, it happens, but he has made slow and steady progress and most wolves fans are happy enough with that. Not everyone can be world champion.

• Like 1

I am not some saddo to go through all Wolves away meetings this season and last, but I bet I would find quite a few occassions where Thorsell has scored 5 or less away from Monmore. While he can be unbeatable at Monmore, he is mostly disappointing on his travels.

Has been in paid or double figures in 5 of our 9 away matches. That's over 50% of all our away matches this season.

Stats obviously let you down badly. He is mostly improved away compared to last season.

Hopefully that will be the last assumption you make on the subject. :t:

Virtually all riders have a higher home average than an away average. I challenge you to give me a definitive list of 2017 premiership riders that have a higher away average than home average. I doubt that you will get to 5.