British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Somerset Rebels 26/07/17

Delighted Richie Worral Shut up the doubters. To be fair it has been a summer of extreme weather. Still think Poole will make the playoffs, but you never know. Without an out and out #1 it's going to be tight.

• Like 1

Well done Lawson, Wright et al. Isn't it fun when the riders you use as guests on an almost weekly basis previously come back to bite you on the ass. That result has made my week.

• Like 1

That was an absolute shambles.

Well done to Somerset.

Who on earth thought that our line up was going to be competitive? No balance to it at all. As has been said, Lahti at 2, Holder/Worrall 3/4 and Kennet at 5. Im sure Poole would have won if we had used that formation..

Agree with SS re Hans in Ht15. Find it hard to criticise him, as he has been the mainstay all season, but a very poor ride cost us.

Richie was the only rider who can say he was competitive.

Holder poor by recent standards.Very unlucky in Ht12. Coming off turn 4, Allen turned left on him and clipped his front wheel. Allen did the exactly the same coming off turn 2 but Holder was already there. Had this happened on turn 4, I think Allen would have been excluded.Holder had no room to manoeuvre.

Kennett was a expected. Some excellent hard n fast drives round the boards reaped 2 race wins. Did what was expected.

Lahti was poor

Starke should be winning Ht2.Tried hard though

Shanes 3 3rds +bonus, doing his job.

Changes are needed, but who goes out and who comes in?

Season looks over to me.

• Like 1

Thanks. Wow didn't realise it was that near. So most of these teams could now be the ones that finish the league

Apart from those who come with an "injury" for a rider, who I understand can be replaced

For 2017 there is no provision for changes after the deadline to replace injured riders, only to re-introduce riders previously in the 1-7:

Art 16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th July with the effective date being 31st July, except for riders returning to the Team after injury.

That's a significant difference to the 2016 Rule.

poole were SO lucky.... that pat h. never scored more.......question is who will matt blame and move on this time

• Like 2

Lot of comments on here on how Poole lost this match but not many on how Somerset won it .Its been tough for the Rebels this year, Paddy form before injury had him ready to move to No 1, he looks like he was a pale shadow of that last night. I thought he took a lot of unfair stick last night, but was probably not fit. He still beat Kennett for a vital second in 14 after getting zip for his other three rides. The reserves matched Poole's scores and all the top three scored well. It's true we got a slice of fortune in 12 , but having been on the wrong end of a few last heaters at home ourselves, it was good to get over the line in this one. COYR 👍

• Like 5

It's off isn't it? Like, 2 hours ago

Irresponsible posts like this can affect the attendance and costs teams/promotions money.

Newcastle banned a supporter for something similar a few years ago

The moderators should issue a ban to this poster as a warning to all

Andersen battled but would not go out wide and this cost us the win in heat 15. We gated on a 5-1 but Andersen hugged the curb and allowed Lawson around him. A lap later Josh G followed but instead of switching to the outside Andersen continued to try and work back through by the curb. Never going to happen and a very poor ride.

Don't you mean "kerb" ?????? !!!

• Like 1

poole were SO lucky.... that pat h. never scored more.......question is who will matt blame and move on this time

Middlo?!

• Like 1

For 2017 there is no provision for changes after the deadline to replace injured riders, only to re-introduce riders previously in the 1-7:

Art 16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th July with the effective date being 31st July, except for riders returning to the Team after injury.

That's a significant difference to the 2016 Rule.

Thanks for that clarification

so pleased I made this one, and what a good performance by the Rebels.

credit to the track staff to get the meeting on, and to be fair I thought the track rode well

pick of the riders for me last night.

Lawson was quick away from the tapes and rode the 1st and 2nd bend brilliant in every ride to give himself the best chance at hitting the front

Worrall gated well and looked quick all night, and not afraid to use inside and outside lines

Wrighty rode brilliant and not afraid to go out wide into the dirt

all the best to the Rebels on Friday, as wont be making the journey up the M5 now its silly season, and seeing our opposition is again without there No1

Very good meeting last night, really enjoyed it.

The track was much improved to the meeting I saw on BT the other week when it was rough.

Massive credit to the promotion and track staff for fixing it. I had my doubts when I turned up and they were scraping off the top layer of slop bit in all fairness it was fine.

Not loads of passing but some good close racing. Starke, Kennett, Holder all getting stuck in. Andersen, though, was the complete opposite, as he lost confidence in the track or just lost it altogether?

As a neutral, the result didn't particularly matter to me, but I would of expected Poole to have the beating of Somerset.

As actually anybody got any idea why we rode lahti at 5 because I'm lost on that one not one of matts better signings