British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirate 31/07

Possibly best engines in Poland.

Wasnt it said somewhere on the forum that Jack was bringing a Polish engine over for this meeting - did he?

Jack smith. Not holder 😂😂

• Like 1

Another very entertaining meeting, highlight heat 14 for me but there were several other cracking races.

Bjerre imperious. Never looked like getting beaten. Fricke just behind him. Tungate superb after a blob first time. Bewley gets better and better - a third or last is now disappointing.

Poole tried hard - especially Andersen - but they were up against a very good team. Surprised at the criticism of Starke - did anyone really expect him to beat one of the Aces top 4 ?

Star of the show ? Chase the Ace. The presentation at Belle Vue is better than anywhere else :approve: .

Yep. Presentation just keeps getting better. Meetings are always run very smoothly. Good times to be an aces fan.

Tungate has started to show his NSS form. Gating passing, the guy as been a great signing.

Bjerre this year as turned Into a new bjerre, who ever calls him boring haven't seen him this year then, passing galore, and not just that but being very forceful and hard on his opponents. He doesn't know when he's beaten.

Fricke is getting better every week, he was so fast last night. Untouchable. And he's still only 21 which I think people forget.

Smith rode his backside off for 0 points. His effort in heat 14 was all there to see but unfortunately he was pipped on the line. It's hard trying to attack and defend at same time. That's how close the 3 riders were.

And last but not least our little pocket rocket dynamite daniel bewley, what a talent this guy is, he's so quick around the boards, so smooth but last night in heat 14 the speed he was getting of the inside of bend 4 was unbeleivable. It looked like he was scrubbing his speed right off to always cut back of bend 4 but in fact his bike was shooting down the home straight. How is it possible. He's improving every week.

For Poole hans looked slow but scored ok, shanes was good and lahti was good tbh, holder struggled and Kennett had one of his better meetings away from home. He was unlucky in heat 14. He was just beat by a special ride from tungate and bewley. Starke was poor. He's usually good for a few points here to

• Like 1

Fricke was the stand out rider for me.He was winning his heats by a massive margin.He reminds me very much of Leigh Adams such a classic smooth style on the bike.

to be honest from 1-7 a great team performance,if anything was a letdown,I would say 1 shy of 60 points against the not so mighty now Poole.

• Like 1

Enjoyed last night, the Aces put on a great show from the racing to the centre green show, Bewley is so good nice to see, Poole were very poor. On a bright note four guys sat next to us by start gate it was their first live match and they loved it and will be going again. Perhaps Matt and the BSPA should have sat next to me and and they would of seen how its done from a neutral point of view.

• Like 1

Holder could not be re-introduced to Poole this season as the rules don't allow it.

In the case of another season-ending injury to either of Poole's top 2 (Hans and Brady), Holder could not be re-introduced as he wasn't included in Poole's starting line-up. I'm not even sure either could be used as a guest as they need to be riding for another team!!

In any case I think its all hypothetical as looking at the Premiership table this morning Poole will have to be concentrating more on avoiding 7th place rather than the top 4 - something which will be even more of a challenge after BV at home Wednesday (rain permitting) and Wolves away next Monday!!

Have to agree. He's on the pace, think the top league is a year too early for him but we'll stick by him & he'll kick on next year.

What makes it extra tough for him imo is being similar age to Bewley & probably getting frustrated he's not progressing at the same rate. Jack will forge a decent career,the kid has talent. I suggest his dad will be urging him to be patient, not a trait most teenagers have.

I don't think he's been the same since he had his bikes / equipment stolen ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

Holder could not be re-introduced to Poole this season as the rules don't allow it.

In the case of another season-ending injury to either of Poole's top 2 (Hans and Brady), Holder could not be re-introduced as he wasn't included in Poole's starting line-up. I'm not even sure either could be used as a guest as they need to be riding for another team!!

In any case I think its all hypothetical as looking at the Premiership table this morning Poole will have to be concentrating more on avoiding 7th place rather than the top 4 - something which will be even more of a challenge after BV at home Wednesday (rain permitting) and Wolves away next Monday!!

He could have been with BSPA approval. Not sure that he would have got it though. I guess Matt would have snatched up Batch if he could tho'. He would have improved the side surely.

Batch in place of whom exactly??!

KK? Before Kennett was signed. Not sure at what stage Buster knew he was going to sack them.

KK? Before Kennett was signed. Not sure at what stage Buster knew he was going to sack them.

Well Kennett was signed before "that night" at KL, so unless Buster and/or Ford are psychic, I would say that that is unlikely

• Like 1

KK's lower average 5.51 was already effective by 26th July.

Well Kennett was signed before "that night" at KL, so unless Buster and/or Ford are psychic, I would say that that is unlikely

Ah okay, so much has happened recently I couldn't remember if we already had EK by then!