British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

Current Assets For The Teams

Assets you must be joking. If a club went along to a bank for money and showed a list of assets any value of them would be thrown out. They are as worth as much as a chocolate fire guard.

Quite agree - UK Speedway clubs do not of course actually 'own' self-employed riders! Maybe I could claim that I own my self-employed window cleaner and try to transfer him (for an undisclosed fee) to my neighbour!

As Tsunami says it would be more appropriate to refer to them as holding rider registrations.

• Like 1

Quite agree - UK Speedway clubs do not of course actually 'own' self-employed riders! Maybe I could claim that I own my self-employed window cleaner and try to transfer him (for an undisclosed fee) to my neighbour!

As Tsunami says it would be more appropriate to refer to them as holding rider registrations.

Love the analogy. :t:

Swindon have Doyle, Morris, Musielak, Bellego in the current side. Who else? Anders Row. Sedgman perhaps?

There is an advantage to having assets as you get first choice when team building rather than hanging round to see who is left.

Anders Rowe can't be anyone's asset as can't sign a professional contract till he is 16.

From memory and including only those currently riding in the UK, Belle Vue have, Fricke, Steve and Richie Worrall, Bewley and Hougaard. Bickley is only 15, so not yet old enough to be an asset but I anticipate he will sign for the Aces in due course.

Edited by Aces51

the assets system would not stand up in court I'm sure of it - how about this

riders are freelance (which effectively they are)

sign 3 monthly contracts with a club with an option to renew, renewed at the end of the 3 month period or not if the team wish to make a change. This controls the chop and change farrago while keeping riders on their toes if you like and gives teams flexibility to make changes

for foreign riders, visa's & sponsors might come in to play

the assets system would not stand up in court I'm sure of it - how about this

riders are freelance (which effectively they are)

sign 3 monthly contracts with a club with an option to renew, renewed at the end of the 3 month period or not if the team wish to make a change. This controls the chop and change farrago while keeping riders on their toes if you like and gives teams flexibility to make changes

Or alternatively Contract for one Season only.

Still won't affect one of the main problems in Speedway though, and that is the lack of contact these days between Riders and Supporters.

Or alternatively Contract for one Season only.

Still won't affect one of the main problems in Speedway though, and that is the lack of contact these days between Riders and Supporters.

A contract isn't worth the paper it's written on these days. From both a promoters and a riders perspective.

A contract isn't worth the paper it's written on these days. From both a promoters and a riders perspective.

How very true that is. :t:

Perhaps they should try tightening the Contracts up, so they are more Legally binding. :unsure: :unsure: