British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

Current Assets For The Teams

Evening all,

IS THERE a list anywhere with who currently who owns who? I know the asset system is flawed to the say the least, but after a list for both Premiership and Championship ideally!

Cheers in Advance

Assets you must be joking. If a club went along to a bank for money and showed a list of assets any value of them would be thrown out. They are as worth as much as a chocolate fire guard.

• Like 1

Just seen on the World Games thread that Berwick have special dispensation to hold Romano Hummel as an 'asset' even though he only rode 3 meeting.It is all a big joke that would never hold up if threatened in court.Always the trouble with speedway is they make a rule then allow clubs to do their own thing anyway....

But if you search for 'assets' i do think there was a thread done before where people took the time to make a list.Possibly a bit out of date now,but a good place to start

Edited by iris123

'Assets' have always been open to conjecture within speedway whereby promotions 'declare' some riders (foreign 'assets' in particular) as 'assets' despite rarely, if at all, putting in a appearance for said promotion.

Edited by steve roberts

'Assets' have always been open to conjecture within speedway whereby promotions 'declare' some riders (foreign 'assets' in particular) as 'assets' despite rarely, if at all, putting in a appearance for said promotion.

Such as i think Nicki P is/was an asset of Wolves ?.

• Like 1

Swindon have Doyle, Morris, Musielak, Bellego in the current side. Who else? Anders Row. Sedgman perhaps?

There is an advantage to having assets as you get first choice when team building rather than hanging round to see who is left.

• Like 2

Swindon have Doyle, Morris, Musielak, Bellego in the current side. Who else? Anders Row. Sedgman perhaps?

There is an advantage to having assets as you get first choice when team building rather than hanging round to see who is left.

Kildemand and Stefan Nielsen are Swindon "assets" and I think Zengota might be as well.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Thanks all for the help so far, I know its a pointless thing, but intrigued to who owns who etc.

Assets? What assets? NL clubs are not allowed assets; and someone asked if Chapman was good for the sport ...

The whole asset system is a total farce - happy to be corrected but my understanding is that PL teams can sign a rider as an asset then loan him out to PL club (eg poole - Ellis perks, Lakeside Zach W) Pl clubs have to have a rider riding x matches home & away before they become an asset and NL can't have assets - where on earth is the consistency or logic in that??

The whole system should be scrapped and everyone a total free agent and signed on an 8 month contract starting march 1st

Failing that there should be a limit on how many assets a club can hold - A club should be allowed to retain 3 of there assets not named in 1-7 starting line up for the season, so effectively limit is 10 if they use all their assets, but more likely 6/7 - this would allow the less well financed clubs to utilise riders who become free agents and not incur lthe loan fees.

I realise both ideas will never happenbecause a) they are too sensible and b. the big clubs want to keep things their own way

• Like 2

Assets? What assets? NL clubs are not allowed assets; and someone asked if Chapman was good for the sport ...

Don't think that's the case, I think that they can't have new assets, but if they had already got them they keep them as assets, but I'm sure someone can confirm.

See here:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=81156&page=1

Don't think that's the case, I think that they can't have new assets, but if they had already got them they keep them as assets, but I'm sure someone can confirm.

Quite possibly - I believe Cradley have some - but given that nearly all of the NL teams are standalone, it is a piece of dishonesty which shows what the people who are running speedway are like.

Quite possibly - I believe Cradley have some - but given that nearly all of the NL teams are standalone, it is a piece of dishonesty which shows what the people who are running speedway are like.

A team from the Premier or Championship League have to pay the junior club a training fee before they can call the rider an asset.

Everyone goes on about 'assets', when in fact it would be more appropriate to 'holding UK registration' cos that it all it is.

Edited by Tsunami