British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Belle Vue. 4.8.17.

all the best to the rebels and hope they get the win

will sit this one out, as yet again the opposition will be without there no 1

Looking forward to this League meeting.... we haven't had one since June 23rd lol...mental.

I've got a feeling the Rebels could get a big whipping tonight. Lawson scoring poorly of late (engine problems, we all know he has the talent? ) Josh and Paddy coming back from injury. Really going to need the middle order and reserves to be on fire.

I think Belle Vue are stronger with Bellego in for Bjerre and RR for Fricke. Bellego, Tungate, Cook, Worrall and Bewley all look strong around the Oaktree.

Hoping for some exciting close racing and a last heat decider Rebels win.

Agree with all your points Gresh, if we pull this out of the bag it will be a better result than when we beat them at their place imo. Not enough regular matches at home is the thing for me. I have to say I follow the Championship with envy at the regularity of their meetings. I understand the valid reasons for going up a level, it will be interesting to see if it has a been a success. Good luck to our guys tonight, all riders please stay safe.
  • Like 1

Agree with all your points Gresh, if we pull this out of the bag it will be a better result than when we beat them at their place imo. Not enough regular matches at home is the thing for me. I have to say I follow the Championship with envy at the regularity of their meetings. I understand the valid reasons for going up a level, it will be interesting to see if it has a been a success. Good luck to our guys tonight, all riders please stay safe.

Totally...I also envy the Championship. I haven't enjoyed the racing so much this season, and that has nothing to do with the Rebels winning. It's just not been as entertaining imo.

Biggest problem today, is going to be getting there again. 15 mile tail backs north bound due to lorry crash. Rubber neckers southbound causing hold ups. A mate is a Taxi driver down that way...WSM...and has gone home. Says traffic has come to a stand still on all the roads around there.

Oh the joys of the M5 on a Friday...

• Like 2

Totally...I also envy the Championship. I haven't enjoyed the racing so much this season, and that has nothing to do with the Rebels winning. It's just not been as entertaining imo.

Biggest problem today, is going to be getting there again. 15 mile tail backs north bound due to lorry crash. Rubber neckers southbound causing hold ups. A mate is a Taxi driver down that way...WSM...and has gone home. Says traffic has come to a stand still on all the roads around there.

My hubby joined the M5 at 8am junction 25..took 3hrs to get to junction 21. He made Bristol at 11.30. There are still huge tailbacks as they are having to resurface the road!

If you are going, leave early!

My hubby joined the M5 at 8am junction 25..took 3hrs to get to junction 21. He made Bristol at 11.30. There are still huge tailbacks as they are having to resurface the road!

If you are going, leave early!

Fingers crossed...

Took me four and a half hours to get down the other week for the Pairs only for it to be called off. That meant back to the pub till 12, not good when you have the Gp the next day. It's strange but when we had our place in Burnham I was getting in maybe 10 home games most seasons, can't recall it ever taking longer than about three hours, depending on whether we stopped. I think the only match I went to that got called off then was one against Edinburgh when the track was wet and the riders all ended up in a heap on the first bend . Since then on the odd occasion I come down I've been rained off a couple of times, very annoying. I normally take the day off and book into a B and B, your looking at the thick end of £100 for nothing. Oh well serves me right for following a team 157 miles away lol.

• Like 1

Traffic very bad since shopping in Weston 10 am this morning, 2 hrs to get home normally 25 mins. Just been down to A38 at 4pm Doctors appointment took 45 mins normally 10 mins and slow moving towards Bristol but moving Ok on A38 going down to Highbridge. Don't know if motorway better but assume riders may be held up.

I turned round and came home again. Couldn't even get on to the Motorway. Radio saying it's mental both ways and roads grid locked off of it.

Hope people closer can get to it and make it a good crowd. Surely this traffic is affecting attendances at the Oaktree though? This isn't the first time this season I've had to turn around.

Someone implied before on here, that Somerset race on a Friday because the council won't let them race other nights.

Surely that's not true as meetings have been raced on other nights there?

Gutted...at least the footy season starts tomorrow for me.

I live 15 mins from track and I would say to anyone going, leave early. M5 really bad Southbound from Gloucester onwards, and even worse Northbound as already detailed.

Shame as it could really affect the attendance and wouldn't be surprised if a rider or two was getting there by the skin of their teeth! Picking your way through the backroads (Glastonbury etc) is the best thing to do but even they're busier than usual today.

Safe journey all.

• Like 1

I live 15 mins from track and I would say to anyone going, leave early. M5 really bad Southbound from Gloucester onwards, and even worse Northbound as already detailed.

Shame as it could really affect the attendance and wouldn't be surprised if a rider or two was getting there by the skin of their teeth! Picking your way through the backroads (Glastonbury etc) is the best thing to do but even they're busier than usual today.

Safe journey all.

Dont use the A38 your wasting your time..

If it is at all possible Somerset do need to look at a different race night. All these issues throughout the holiday season must reduce attendance, especially from away supporters who would not know any back road or lane routes to the track when there are issues on the M5 and other main roads.

• Like 1

I won't be making heat 1 or 2 and maybe a few more

• Like 1

The reason for Richards poor score last night for Glasgow is that he was involved in a bad incident in heat 1. He was battered and bruised and his bike was mangled. May be you could dig into your bike fund and help him out?

Start delayed until 7.45 they will then update there decision as to weather they start then or later

Looking like a 8pm start at the latest just been announced

Looking like a 8pm start at the latest just been announced