British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Belle Vue. 4.8.17.

Tough match in store for Somerset against the table toppers. No Fricke for the Aces, which I think makes them stronger with Cook, Worrall and a rejuvenated Tungate getting extra rides. Hopefully Josh isn't too bashed up after his spill. Two completed home meetings in over a month is a joke tbh, hopefully the guys can get dialled in from the off.

• Like 1

No Bjerre either (Bellego guests) due to Danish Final. Not sure if that affects Hougaard also?

No Bjerre either (Bellego guests) due to Danish Final. Not sure if that affects Hougaard also?

Hougaard should be at Somerset- not in the Danish final Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Excellent guest who enjoys the OTA.
  • Like 2

Will we ever get two full teams and no guests other than injuries. Or is it a plot to ensure myself and my mate do not attend this season.

Will we ever get two full teams and no guests other than injuries. Or is it a plot to ensure myself and my mate do not attend this season.

Think you might be ok with the Monday night match coming up on the 14th

No Bjerre or Fricke seriously weakens us so not expecting too much, coming down for the weekend so hope the weather plays ball, always enjoy my visits to the OTA as well as sampling the good real ales in the Crossways Inn :drink:

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one as the 'dessert' after the main course of the 5th Annual Rebels Golf Day tomorrow. Always a good day for the participants and also a good day for the club raising funds to help the club progress and develop.

Over 70 players are taking part in the golf day with riders, ex riders, team managers and referees among those taking to the course at Brean tomorrow morning. Lets hope the sun shines and the rain stays well away from the OTA for a change on a Friday night!

• Like 1

Making my first visit to the OTA and fingers crossed the weather is good

Looking forward to this League meeting.... we haven't had one since June 23rd lol...mental.

I've got a feeling the Rebels could get a big whipping tonight. Lawson scoring poorly of late (engine problems, we all know he has the talent? ) Josh and Paddy coming back from injury. Really going to need the middle order and reserves to be on fire.

I think Belle Vue are stronger with Bellego in for Bjerre and RR for Fricke. Bellego, Tungate, Cook, Worrall and Bewley all look strong around the Oaktree.

Hoping for some exciting close racing and a last heat decider Rebels win.

• Like 2

Bit harsh on Lawson that Gresham, he had a match winning performance for us fairly recently at Poole. Wolves was his first poor meeting for us.

Edited by Najjer

Bit harsh on Lawson that Gresham, he had a match winning performance for us fairly recently at Poole. Wolves was his first poor meeting for us.

Indeed he did, but then look at his scores for us and Glasgow since then. Which makes me think he has mechanical problems.

It's the one thing that bugs me in Team Speedway, a Club is reliant on a rider having good equipment. You just don't know what you are going to get on the night.

Injuries, dips in form from fatigue etc I can stomach...but so much of a result is just down to who's got the best set up on the night.

We all know what riders have the talent, they show it when they have the machinery.

Tungate has a badly bruised leg following his crash last night. Hopefully, it won't affect him but we'll have to see. Bjerre is on fire at the moment but Bellego should be a good replacement if he can produce his previous form at Somerset. Cook, by his own admission, isn't riding as well as he was earlier in the season but had a solid return from injury on Monday so we may not suffer by having to use r/r.

It looks like a close match which could go either way.

No Bjerre or Fricke seriously weakens us so not expecting too much, coming down for the weekend so hope the weather plays ball, always enjoy my visits to the OTA as well as sampling the good real ales in the Crossways Inn :drink:

Don't think you will have a problem with Bellego as a guest !!

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 2