British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Is This Swindon Team The Best Of Recent Times?

You obviously! But you are of course completely wrong. Swindon haven't won anything. Yet.

With the Robins being clear favourites (no one can dispute this) for the title, other teams can go into the playoffs with little to no pressure on the riders.

Can the Robins handle the pressure? Or will another club come sailing through to blow the Robins out of the water?

Poole V Coventry?

Swindon v Wolves?

It ain't over yet. All those wins in a row will be nothing more than a tearful memory of Swindon choke in the playoffs.

Nothing is certain.

Oh, so Poole have choice of opponents ............... Coventry !!!!!!!! lol

And ............. we HAVE won the league!

It's strange how folk use choke as an argument, rather than bigging up their own teams performance, any team can beat any on a particular day, there really are some sad saps on this forum.

• Like 4

It's strange how folk use choke as an argument, rather than bigging up their own teams performance, any team can beat any on a particular day, there really are some sad saps on this forum.

I thought Leicester have been one of the better teams at the Abbey this year, pretty evenly matched sides this year, apart from Swindon.

I thought Leicester have been one of the better teams at the Abbey this year, pretty evenly matched sides this year, apart from Swindon.

I have been to around 1000 meetings and have seen plenty of "so called lesser teams" beating the more fancied/top team, anything can happen on the day/night, you wouldn't bother going if the result was that predictable, personally if my team beats a so called better one I would be over the moon, not sayiny "well we only won coz they choked" my opinion of course.

• Like 1

I have been to around 1000 meetings and have seen plenty of "so called lesser teams" beating the more fancied/top team, anything can happen on the day/night, you wouldn't bother going if the result was that predictable, personally if my team beats a so called better one I would be over the moon, not sayiny "well we only won coz they choked" my opinion of course.

You don't look that old noggers!

You don't look that old noggers!

Must be the :drink::t:

• Like 1

"Choke": (verb, as in "to choke"), used in speedway parlance when Poole reach the play-offs. Frequently seen in a sentence with the words Ford, Muddlo and Shovlar and often followed by a flight to Rome (OED)

Erm............ no

Erm............ no

Over a month and you decide to resurrect this thread now!

It's not over yet

Over a month and you decide to resurrect this thread now!

Aye. Every thread needs a bump every now and again

Swindon were effectively giving away 3 points to the other teams when they signed Doyle on 13.41 but now they sit top of the table with 10 straight wins? Which team comes close in recent years?

For me, not Coventry 2007 because they relied heavily on Olly Allen's R/R and Poole 2008 and Wolves 2009 benefitted from Holder and Woffinden stepping up on false averages, the exact opposite of Doyle's. Then there's the great Poole 2010 side, run away table toppers, but thrashed by Coventry in the final. Since then, much of a muchness.

So step forward Swindon 2017, the best of all!

What a clown

• Like 1

In terms of the ridiculous average for Doyle for team-building, the poor start to the campaign, the fractured fixture list, the seventeen match winning run, the eight away wins, finishing top of the league, beating Poole repeatedly home and away, and coming from behind to win an epic final, I think those factors probably outweigh any other teams' achievements over the last ten years.

• Like 1