British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Peterborough Panthers 13/08/17

At the risk of being boring and actually talking about the Match itself, I. Have to give a mention to Alfie bowtell who imo is starting to learn the track and I for one would have him at number 7 next season he reminds me alot of Lewis rose in his first year bit erratic at times but definitely has the potential to become a decent rider.

• Like 1

At the risk of being boring and actually talking about the Match itself, I. Have to give a mention to Alfie bowtell who imo is starting to learn the track and I for one would have him at number 7 next season he reminds me alot of Lewis rose in his first year bit erratic at times but definitely has the potential to become a decent rider.

Must admit I had to look at the program to see who was out with Robbo in heat 12. Different rider and flew past Robbo and/or a 5-1 for the Diamonds. Lets hope he can keep on progressing and fill the holes we have had in the reserves races. Ben up to scratch now and looking very safe.

Despite a very makeshift team, Peterborough up to about halfway were not totally outclassed. But after that our 5-1's started to count to give us a healthy win. Bomber outgated in his early battles with Robert and Steve, but a class ride around the outside of Stevie on the forth bend was pure class and brave. Nobody would deny that he deserved the Julian Barnett Trophy for his guts and tenacity. I enjoyed the meeting but the result would been much closer with Holder in the Panthers ranks.

I should have also added 'short changed' the thousand or so that turned up at Peterborough for the Fours last week, too.

Not only did Newcastle possibly suffer at the turnstiles (although looking 'side on' at the crowd it looked to be about the norm.), they would have had to fork out more on wages for the riders last night compared to if Holder had ridden, due to the extra points they scored by beating Rutherford.

It was a wee bit more than normal. Looking from the centre green it was healthy. Difficulty is it is now deceptive to judge, given that the full stands/bars are not open yet, so those fans are standing with the usual terrace crowd.

• Like 1

It was a wee bit more than normal. Looking from the centre green it was healthy. Difficulty is it is now deceptive to judge, given that the full stands/bars are not open yet, so those fans are standing with the usual terrace crowd.

a thought the crowd looked ok, better than I excpected,,, but the best part was that a managed to get my usual perch back, after the bar lot had encroached it for weeks.

• Like 1

a thought the crowd looked ok, better than I excpected,,, but the best part was that a managed to get my usual perch back, after the bar lot had encroached it for weeks.

There's always a silver lining if you look hard enough. eh.

There's always a silver lining if you look hard enough. eh.

if there wasn't, there wouldn't be any point in carrying on !!!,,, have you still got your David Essex LP ? ;)

if there wasn't, there wouldn't be any point in carrying on !!!,,, have you still got your David Essex LP ? ;)

I though had loaned it to you, and you kept it. Along with my Frankie Vaughan Greatest Hits.

I though had loaned it to you, and you kept it. Along with my Frankie Vaughan Greatest Hits.

No Dave, am sure your Frankie Vaughan is still where you hide it ;)

I don't want to fine Shelby! Perish the thought!!

But that's exactly what you said you thought should happen, or do you not mean what you said about it?

• Like 1

But that's exactly what you said you thought should happen, or do you not mean what you said about it?

Where did I say he should be fined? I can't remember that!

Where did I say he should be fined? I can't remember that!

Sorry, I'm getting banned and fined mixed up!! But you still said that, but I'm not sure how serious your comment was now I look back at it

Ban Holder for taking the mickey, ban Rutherford for being hopelessly substandard but please do something to make this sport worth watching again.

I agree with the Holder comment though... Both Holders...

anyone seen my dolly partons greatest hits lp ?

Change of tact Glasgow have been waiting since April to race Newcastle or Workington in the K O C Q.F that's worse than J Holder missing 1 league match with permission whats the teams excuse going on 5 months for the fixture and still not arranged

Change of tact Glasgow have been waiting since April to race Newcastle or Workington in the K O C Q.F that's worse than J Holder missing 1 league match with permission whats the teams excuse going on 5 months for the fixture and still not arranged

It will be October now I would imagine . Going to be a busy end to the season as we've missed too many weekends during the summer for various reasons .