British Speedway Forum
Bigballs

British Riders

You said many British riders don’t have a team as a result of averages, that is patently not true irrespective of how sweeping and general the point was.

I must be more careful in my phraseology in future. :)

Quite a few tracks hold training schools, Redcar have a few each year, Northside is solely a training track and Scunthorpe hold training schools and run amateur meetings throughout the winter.

I run FREE training sessions on a Sunday lunchtime at Newcastle, and provide all the gear including the bikes, fuel, kit. etc. I have run it for 9 years now and produced some riders. Some tracks do make some effort.

• Like 3

I run FREE training sessions on a Sunday lunchtime at Newcastle, and provide all the gear including the bikes, fuel, kit. etc. I have run it for 9 years now and produced some riders. Some track"
I run FREE training sessions on a Sunday lunchtime at Newcastle, and provide all the gear including the bikes, fuel, kit. etc. I have run it for 9 years now and produced some riders. Some tracks do make some effort.

Hi that's fantastic I will come along Sunday and have a go should i bring my brain with me only I don't want all the gear and no idea

About 15 years ago....it is a clutch of riders now at best – out with Joe Jacobs I am struggling to think of any other Brit who was left on the side-lines.

British riders need to have at least two teams to ride for financially and bike time is very important to progress there is British riders in the national league that don't progress any further and there is British riders in the championship league that don't progress and that's because of bike time and money and as long as there is better foreign riders to use British speedway will stay the same. British speedway only looks for good British riders when the World Cup comes along even the British team manager can't get his hands on any good brits Why?

Or just make a point that’s actually valid :t:

I think it is a valid point - they may not be immediately as successful as more experienced foreign riders but if given an extended chance perhaps there would be development.

I think it is a valid point - they may not be immediately as successful as more experienced foreign riders but if given an extended chance perhaps there would be development.

How does that tie back to the point being made - that was shown to be fade -that "many" British riders were without a team due to averages?

Edit: in fairness to TWK I think James sarjeant was without a team place at the start of the year due to averages. BUT like Jacobs it is likely that his place apply went to a 2pt Brit instead.

You could also argue that Ritchie worrall was without a PL place due to averages.

Edited by waihekeaces1

Edit: in fairness to TWK I think James sarjeant was without a team place at the start of the year due to averages.

In fairness I think James Sargeant was also without a team place at the start of the year due to his unfortunate habit of either moving at the start or touching the tapes so no team wanted to take a chance on him. :lol:

• Like 1

In Hull, Boulevard a man wrote the council complaing that a stone from the speedway flew over his fence and hit him whilst he was watering his garden. He lived 3 streets and approx 1 1/2 miles away from the stadium. In the Craven Park era, a lady wrote several times to the council complaining the noise from 'all the fireworks at the speedway' (one rocket was let off to signify a win, no mention of the noise from the bikes or the PA), made her dog bark so she was unable to read in bed. But I defo see where you are coming from....

Milton Keynes ,had complaints from miles away , the other side of the A5 , eventually the council turned up to a meeting with noise meters . as the weather was awful the promoter asked both teams to hold off warming up as the event was doubtful , the ref arrived ,meeting off , councillers packed up and left , not forgetting of course that elfield park was a designated noisy sports area on the local plan , any way next day more noise complaints , result was the complaints were seen as a vendetta and 25 year planning permission granted ,winner for speedway until the BSPA killed Milton Keynes ,by fining them for late starts poor track etc instead of helping terry cheney who was obviously out oif his depth , within a year the whole place was gone , well done BSPA/SCB