British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

I have always been in favour of "STRAiGHT" speedway NO Tac subs No double point rides NO jokers. And for 2018 Teams chose their 7 riders which cannot be changed only through retirement or injury.for the whole season. Could it be done???

I have always been in favour of "STRAiGHT" speedway NO Tac subs No double point rides NO jokers. And for 2018 Teams chose their 7 riders which cannot be changed only through retirement or injury.for the whole season. Could it be done???

No. Well it could be done but "retirement" or "injury" is too easily fiddled - as we know already. There would need to be very strict rules which the promoters will not vote for I suspect. Look at Josh Auty ( no fiddling ) but he retired in frustration and then has a great second half of the season after he comes out of retirement.

Personally I think the Premiership PO winners should be promoted to the Polish League then we can see the worlds top riders in a UK team again!

• Like 4

Well its definitately still on

1st leg live on BT 9th Oct

Surely they aren't serious about this joke. If we go Monday / Thursday next season in the top division then the chances are that Ipswich and Sheffield might go up, would be pure Speedway gold if Leicester win the play off, but they go down as they want to stay Saturdays and the losers go up. Leicester would have to find guests for King and Newman in the unlikely event that Ipswich beat Sheffield.

• Like 1

You know, I think you might have found a serious flaw in the system!! ;)

This must be the only competitive team league in the world that clubs do want to get relegated from!! :o

• Like 1

The Monday/Thursday race days must have been agreed upon by all promotions as it involves SGBP and SGBC teams.

Maybe it will end as a draw as they both want to come up? 😊

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Really don't see the point in this happening.

It's going to be difficult to put a 2nd tier together as it stands with uncertainty surrounding Workington, Newcastle, Scunthorpe, Peterborough...

If Glasgow, Ipswich, Sheffield were to defect to the top flight, the rest might be left with something a little above NL standard as the 2nd tier.

• Like 1

So it's going to be Leicester v Ipswich or Sheffield most likely, both teams have two Leicester riders in their line-ups. Any danger of clarification over who rides for what team?

So it's going to be Leicester v Ipswich or Sheffield most likely, both teams have two Leicester riders in their line-ups. Any danger of clarification over who rides for what team?

The team which normally has priority I assume, which is the lower league team in both scenarios.

Just a thought... I read that Lakeside want to ride in the top league again next year, could this be allowed to happen? or should they have to win the 3rd division and then the 2nd division and any playoffs to do so? If you're going to have promotion and relegation surely the days of electing which league you want to ride in are over?

Speedway really does make it difficult for itself sometimes!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Just a thought... I read that Lakeside want to ride in the top league again next year, could this be allowed to happen? or should they have to win the 3rd division and then the 2nd division and any playoffs to do so? If you're going to have promotion and relegation surely the days of electing which league you want to ride in are over?

Speedway really does make it difficult for itself sometimes!

Hardly sometimes. Invariably always.

• Like 5

Personally I think the Premiership PO winners should be promoted to the Polish League then we can see the worlds top riders in a UK team again!

In case you hadn't noticed - we have the world's top rider in the Swindon team :wink:

• Like 6

In case you hadn't noticed - we have the world's top rider in the Swindon team :wink:

Didn't know "Greg Hancock the current World Champion " was riding for Swindon this year??...... :lol:

• Like 1

Didn't know "Greg Hancock the current World Champion " was riding for Swindon this year??...... :lol:

Only world champion because Doyley got injured but you are correct Hancock is world champion but he isn't riding just now due to injury. The best rider in the world today is the one at the top of the SGP standings and that's Doyley :t: