British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers V Newcastle Diamonds (sgb Championship) 30/08/2017

So long as all the Witches riders come through unscathed - anything else is meaningless to me...

• Like 1

anything else is meaningless to me...

not to me,,, cos even if the Panthers win, they will still be below the Diamonds in the league and I see that as a result ;)

and we can still get the double.

• Like 1

Been raining steadily for 2 hours now so could still be in doubt..depends how long it continues.

Just spoke to a friend trackside and they hadn't watered it so rain hasn't hurt it so far, it's now easing off so hopefully ok.

Rain forecast to have left the area by 4.00pm.

Rain finally packed up around 3.00pm, meeting on and no further rain forecast today

Should be a good meeting with the ipswich contingent involved. Shame it's a worthless meeting

Not according to the PR:

"We've got four home fixtures coming up in the next few days and our aim is to win them all - and I don't see any reason why that can't happen.

"There is a lot of racing and plenty of excitement ahead for the fans as we attempt to finish as high up the standings as possible before turning our attention to the KO Cup later in September."

Don't matter how it's dressed up, it's pointless. Doesn't matter where you finish in the league, you don't get any extra money. Its not a worthless meeting for some of the riders though, it's another chance of earning some money.

Just cos ged gave up a few weeks ago, some of those riders involved will still be giving it their all. So for the mostly good decent fans of the panthers, I hope it's a good contest.

If it's half as good as the Newcastle A fixture it will be very worthwhile attending!

• Like 2

I really don't get all this "pointless meeting" talk.

For a start it could be said that a lot of the meetings in the second half of the season are "pointless" if both teams involved have little chance of making the play-offs. But is that any reason no to go, or even be bothered about it?

Ok, it would have been great if Panthers' season had mapped out differently and like we'd all hoped - but I'm just happy to be going to a Panthers meeting tonight. And surely every speedway fan(*) should be glad that Panthers are still running.

* Yeah, even the saddo w******s who pollute every Peterborough Panthers thread with barely concealed glee at every little problem involving Panthers. It doesn't matter if it's something real or imagined; either way it'll get twisted to suit their snidey, spiteful and often shortsighted comments.

UTP

At the showground and it's like a morgue.. I've seen more atmosphere at an Arsenal game!..no comments of any worth in the program either about the crap we have had to put up with over the last month or so. And for me we couldn't have picked a worst guest...yes he will score big points but not a fan of his stupid comments..and he rides for the bitches of course.

...oh what a surprise Schlein refuses to ride because of the track.

At the showground and it's like a morgue.. I've seen more atmosphere at an Arsenal game!..no comments of any worth in the program either about the crap we have had to put up with over the last month or so. And for me we couldn't have picked a worst guest...yes he will score big points but not a fan of his stupid comments..and he rides for the bitches of course.

...oh what a surprise Schlein refuses to ride because of the track.

The bloke is an utter arse. Why does he accept guest bookings at the eoes.

Harris on the mic now moaning.

Riders will kill this sport off.

• Like 1

Didn't Rory win his first race? Or has he pulled out after his first race?

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Didn't Rory win his first race? Or has he pulled out after his first race?

Paid win, accompanied by the usual head shaking and poor body language. Then got deliberately excluded from heat 4.

He needs an office job.

Oh and now the track is being bladed..why did I bother!?.. another fine advert for British speedway.

Edited by Lukas