British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Wolves - Swindon Followed By Wolves - Kings Lynn 4.9.17

I spotted that you're like a slightly calmer version of brum with your 'hatred of anything to do with wolves' post.

You've tried to get the 'Belle Vue rent' topic going a couple of times (really?) but so far your only response to the factual points (which back up my opinion) I made in my post regarding the dreadful injury record or the fist pumping wolves fans when an opposing rider falls off is 'constant whinging about wolves'.

It would appear that you have the chip all to yourself.

Lol, no chip on my shoulder, regarding the bv rent issue, I didn't bring it up, someone suggested it was all busters fault but I fail to see why. Maybe you could explain otherwise? Only mentioned your hatred about Wolves because all you ever do is spout endless guff about us, most of which is just aimed at getting a response from certain posters. Maybe you don't have a chip on your shoulder but your constant posts on the subject suggest otherwise

• Like 3

Paulboy get a life I like Nigel and Kelvs banter ,so you carry on bring a misery ,like Wolves team manager :party:

So me thinking Pearson's a crap commentator means I should get a life?

In that case sorry, I thought it was really funny last week when he asked if Lahti stopped for a latte, needed a huge needle to sew my sides back together!!

It was definitely 100% you that brought up the rent. Chapmans involvement goes way beyond that, which if you're going to post such opinions you should know more about.

My information came from The Aces management team, the last being from a dejected Mort earlier this year, riders and sponsors. Knowing the truth makes it harder to stomach when ill informed posts appear just looking for a reaction.

It was definitely 100% you that brought up the rent. Chapmans involvement goes way beyond that, which if you're going to post such opinions you should know more about.

My information came from The Aces management team, the last being from a dejected Mort earlier this year, riders and sponsors. Knowing the truth makes it harder to stomach when ill informed posts appear just looking for a reaction.

Er no it 100% wasn't, I was replying to a post which suggested Buster was responsible for the near demise of the Aces. I merely pointed out that it was their failure to not pay a single penny in rent all season. Had you beaten us in the final I would have felt cheated, luckily that didnt happen

Er no it 100% wasn't, I was replying to a post which suggested Buster was responsible for the near demise of the Aces. I merely pointed out that it was their failure to not pay a single penny in rent all season. Had you beaten us in the final I would have felt cheated, luckily that didnt happen

And unlikely to happen this year either!

• Like 1

I did say you were a calmer version of brum.

Who 100% brought up the rent?

It isn't a trick question.

Lol, maybe I haven't explained it clearly enough for you, my apologies, yes I dared to mention the r word and yes I was the first person to use it but it was totally in context to someone who blames it all on Buster, not out of the blue and definitely not to try and get a response from someone. The fact of the matter is BV were evicted for failing to pay the rent.

Maybe now I can ask you a question (not a trick one)

Who is responsible for paying the rent?

A) the promoter

B) Buster

C) who cares as long as we win the league

The relevant question is; why wasn't the rent paid? That was discussed at great length on this forum and there were lengthy articles in the Speedway Star. I am sure you can find the forum discussion if you are really interested.

As for, who cares, lots of people who have the best interests of speedway at heart and especially Gordon and Morton after the considerable work they had put in to see the stadium completed.

Edited by Aces51

I read it all at the time to be honest, but was left with the conclusion that they knew very early in the season that they were in trouble but continued with the same 1-7, in particular reportedly paying Zagar thousands per meeting. Surely it would have been better to cut costs and at least make a contribution towards the rent

If you read it all of the time you might recall that the stadium was never completed, they did not formally accept it and so wouldn't pay rent until the outstanding work was done. Also,there was the expectation that the huge losses caused by the problems with the track and other issues, that were assessed by the loss adjustor and claimed from the contractors by the council, would be paid to them and that would have more than paid the rent.

However, this subject has been done to death elsewhere and I doubt many will want it to be rehashed on this thread.

If you read it all of the time you might recall that the stadium was never completed, they did not formally accept it and so wouldn't pay rent until the outstanding work was done. Also,there was the expectation that the huge losses caused by the problems with the track and other issues, that were assessed by the loss adjustor and claimed from the contractors by the council, would be paid to them and that would have more than paid the rent.

However, this subject has been done to death elsewhere and I doubt many will want it to be rehashed on this thread.

Maybe that they didn't formally accept the stadium but they made full use of the facilities, reduced rent maybe but for free?

It was never intended to be for free. As I explained, the money claimed by the council from the contractors, which they reasonably expected to receive and should have received, would have covered not only the rent but also other debts. Where is that money now I wonder?

Might I suggest that you resurrect the old thread if you want to continue discussing this topic.

As for the semi final I hope there are two good meetings and may the best team win.

Nearly 2 pages of Belle Vue arguments on a wolves v Swindon thread.

Isn't there a relevant section to take this I'm right no I'm right discussion?

If you don't mind I'm going to add that to my library of brum quotes for future reference.

Thanks.

A bit obsessional maybe...

Edited by alkadera
  • Like 1

That seals it.

In the box you go.

No need to explain why you brought the rent up, it was your indignant response when it was pointed out who brought the rent up which seemed a bit odd. Thanks for clearing that up.

The answer to your not trick question depends on how the stadium purchase agreement was drawn up and the obligations of the various companies. I do know that Belle Vue Speedway did pay rent for the use of the National Speedway Stadium to BV Arena. All speedway related obligations were paid, or agreements were in place to make payments in due course. Even the riders had agreed to how they were going to be paid and it was only when Chapman waded in did those agreement end.

I know its complicated, even chapman didn't understand it when the learned friends were explaining to him where he went wrong.

Anyway, you've been itching to get the Belle Vue rent thing back on the table, why?

Not at all Fred, I just wondered why Buster was being blamed and suggested that the BV promotion was responsible and this is the outcome. So sorry for expressing my opinion on a public forum and I'm not going to say another word on the matter. For what its worth im glad you managed to get up and running again as not having the Aces racing wouldn't be right.

So enough said and that's my final word on it, if only you would do the same with your opinions on Monmore, some hope lol

Haven't you been invited to have the Belle Vue rent issue explained in detail? It has been covered on here plenty of times but there are some things nobody will post on here about Chapman. Trust me, it will make your toes curl to hear what went on.

The dangerous nature of the track is something I have noted before, but this season has been, or should be, a watershed for wolves. Something needs to be done perhaps along the lines of the changes at Rye or Leicester. I call it safety, maybe its my professional background, you call it guff, and you're obviously entitled to your opinion.

Interesting you should suggest changes to the track along the lines of Rye or Leicester. Wasn't there a meeting at Leicester where Newman, Ellis and Przedepelski all retired through injuries from bad crashes. The truth of the matter is these things happen in speedway, it's just you only seem interested in the ones that happen at Monmore. I wonder why?

• Like 1