British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

You're prob the only Swindon fan that's not defending it! Thread was alright til Rosco's decision but seems always one team doing something dodgy and for once it's not us! :D

Nothing dodgy about not being able to ride through an injury

Okay yesterday though. It's all BS and you know it.

Not true. Andersen attempted half a meeting and never rode again last year. Plenty of pics online of his broken hand. Lindback was no replacement for Andersen, as his score and no show showed.

This BWD move is just pure cheating, played out in front of a tv audience. I expect to see BWD there with his wrist bandaged and perhaps to convince even more, in a sling.

Swindon cheating scum.

As you are an advocate of the 'win at all cost' mentality, I really think you should be congratulating Swindon on their late change at reserve :t:

It is an excellent move by Rosco to get the former Pirate in as a replacement for BWD - and quite hilarious too !

Personally, I would have preferred to BWD to be fit to ride, however riding on the potholed plowed field that is WR would obviously aggravate his injury.

Anyway, stop your griping and let's all hope that the meeting is on and the Robins edge the 1st leg :t:

• Like 2

Exactly, and I think most Swindon fans (and prob Rosco) would rather see BWD in the line-up. Through blue tinted glasses that is seen as Robins fans defending getting a replacement in.

Man you spout some crap.

Yes.

If It was me then I would accept the guest booking and then I would.

Deliberately break the tapes in Heat 2.

Then in my next Heat I would pull up after 3 laps if I was in a scoring position and say that I saw a red light.

Then I wouldn't bother turning the fuel on in the Heat after that.

Then in my final Heat I would deliberately slide off my bike if I was in a scoring position.

• Like 2

Okay yesterday though. It's all BS and you know it.

Since BWD is likely to have scored as many points as Kyle just pulling him out makes no sense

You must be incredibly thick then.

No not at all that is your speciality.

Edited by A ORLOV

Some forget that Kyle was released because his GSA was dropping to a dangerously low level for a replacement to be found, and in 6 matches had not showed the form or improved form after return from injury. Yes for those that forget, one of many he seems to have had over the last few seasons. It was not done out of disloyalty to Newman but because Ford could not have replaced with a half decent reserve on a reasonable av had he held on to him if his form continued going downwards. Even for Ipswich and for a while subsequently his scores were not great.

From a biz perspective it was the right move at the time although hard on Kyle and for many who know his love of the club. Initially it looked like a reasonable move as Starke hit the ground running.

What Poole didn't know was in the last quarter of the season Starkes form would go South and Newmans form would go North. Now it looks like maybe on reflection Poole should have been patient. BUT would they have made the playoffs if Newmans form had continued as it was into the last month or so ??

I say good luck to Newman even as a Poole Supporter. It was not his choice to leave and as the season concludes why should he not earn some hard cash as its a long Winter without income.

I would like to see him back at reserve irrespective of how he performs today.

If there are any misgivings it should be aimed at Swindon Management/Promotion not Newman in my opinion.

If he does earn a hat full of points today even more reason why Poole should sign him for next year.

• Like 4

We made him. If it wasn't for us then he would've been another Simon Lambert.

Fans have paid him money down the years to sort out bike issues.

Hometown club. Us fans have supported him through thick and thin for years.

Forget about MF. Kyle would be slapping us fans in the face because we've all supported him for years.

Just as bad as Sol Campbell if he scores well tonight. No going back. Unforgiveable.

Keep on 'stropping the mulligan'...

As you have mentioned so many times with regard to Poole, "he is covered by a doctor's note, so it can't be cheating! What go around comes around. You & many other Poole supporters have said that Newman wasn't worth having this season. So what are you making so much noise about. Sounds like you are getting your excuses in early!

Wrong there. In did not support the move for Kyle to be sacked. Thought it completely wrong. So if you are going to post please get those facts right.

• Like 3

Wrong there. In did not support the move for Kyle to be sacked. Thought it completely wrong. So if you are going to post please get those facts right.

Short term memory loss, maybe it's time to see your doctor. It's best to address these problems before they get too serious! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's great to see super-troll bite!

Every man and his dog predicted kyle would come in, actually come to think of it it's hilarious, mickey will be wearing his British Speedway watch with pride,

• Like 1

I have not once said what Swindon are doing is right so please dont put words in my mouth.

My point is that according to Shovlar, Newman makes Poole weaker tonight.

Good god man it shows how little you know. Kyle is not riding for Poole so how can it make us weaker? But he does strengthen Swindon. Perhaps that's what you meant.

This is nothing against Kyle who can take whatever booking he is offered. Just the cheating from Swindon who clearly were afraid to come to Poole with one of their own riders.

Well - its all kicking off on here - over a reserve who has roughly the same average as the rider he is replacing,

Personally, I would much rather have a fully fit BWD in the team - but he only came back from injury yesterday and is clearly not 100%. Everyone (from Poole) seems to be assuming that Kyle will do better than BWD. You would think that he would but not a wheel has been turned yet - and Kyle may have a nightmare meeting.

It does seem suspicious but I'm not a doctor but I only have one word for SS - Karma!

• Like 3