1 Scott Nicholls 8.98

2 Danny King 8.87

3 Rory Schlein 8.58

4 Nico Covatti 7.49

6 Connor Mountain 3.33

5 Richard Hall 3.00

7 Danyon Hume 2.00

Total 42.25!

That's defo not happening . Scott won't be in any championship team.

Edited by baldyman

King

Campton

Schlein

Heeps

Covatti

Mountain

Hume

Would be good but not possible within the limit.

Remove Covatti and it's possible to fit in Campton and Newman .

Edited by TheSpecialOne

Dont know as not aware of where the cut off set or who else may want to d/u that hasnt already got a Champ average

Edit There may be more than 1 other. I may have taken 'it only affects a couple of riders' too literally

Where have you read this rule ruling scotty out of riding in champ?

Where have you read this rule ruling scotty out of riding in champ?

I havent read it Ive just heard it.

That's defo not happening . Scott won't be in any championship team.

I'm not so sure about this. The relevant rule seems to come from the 2016 regs.:

18.6.4 If a rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, which must not exceed 6.00, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4

However, the '6 point ' rule was removed from the 2017 regs:

18.6.4 If a rider has only a previously established EL MA; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4.

Didn't this all come to a head when Craig Cook signed for Peterborough in 2016. Also, Lewis Bridger wouldn't have been permitted to sign for Berwick this year and he's never had an average from the second tier of racing. Therefore, has it been re-introduced at this year's AGM?

I'm not so sure about this. The relevant rule seems to come from the 2016 regs.:

18.6.4 If a rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, which must not exceed 6.00, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4

18.6.4 If a rider has only a previously established EL MA; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4.

Didn't this all come to a head when Craig Cook signed for Peterborough in 2016. Also, Lewis Bridger wouldn't have been permitted to sign for Berwick this year and he's never had an average from the second tier of racing. Therefore, has it been re-introduced at this year's AGM?

Answered you own question with the last sentence....

Would this rule preclude Kim Nilsson and Edward Kennett from riding in the Championship? Neither rode in the Championship last season. If so, the Hammers would have lost 3 potential heat leader targets for next season.

I asked the question to which you appear to know the answer. So where did the info. come from?

I wondered how Harris was allowed to ride for Peterborough with the "must not exceed 6" in the old EL even though a lot of the better riders had reduced averages because of the old race format.

Would think Kennett would be ok as has an average for the championship

I asked the question to which you appear to know the answer. So where did the info. come from?

Blimey - when do the thumb screws get applied? 😜

But away he is pretty good and it's worth more points winning away..and he will keep getting better

Edited by baldyman

got to feel it's a mistake if mountain is picked over jenkins. not the best at home

Bob Ellis has already told us Jenkins is riding NL only next year whilst he concentrates on his exams. Quite right too sensible lad.
  • Like 1