British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

6 hours ago, Hel'n'Back said:

Why change sommat that i'snt broken?

Because Ellis is crap & we can currently replace him someone up to 6.94. That window of opportunity closes soon though

• Like 2

Surely if the opportunity is there why not use it? Should never rest on your laurels when you have the chance to improve even further. 

Peterborough have been fantastic already and certainly surprised me and a fair few of the Panthers fans as well probably!

use the points available to strengthen up (as long as a suitable rider is available of course) and Peterborough will have an outstanding chance of silverware again. 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Surely if the opportunity is there why not use it? Should never rest on your laurels when you have the chance to improve even further. 

Peterborough have been fantastic already and certainly surprised me and a fair few of the Panthers fans as well probably!

use the points available to strengthen up (as long as a suitable rider is available of course) and Peterborough will have an outstanding chance of silverware again. 

I can't see any rider who is available better than Grondal to be honest , he was doing o/k before his accident , put on over half a point on his average and is now having a few spins in readiness for a return . For me Kennett would have been the icing on the cake but that obviously won't happen now.

Kenneth Hansen signed last week but backed out last minute i hear. 

I'd be looking for someone better than Grondal personally 

Edited by Flappy

Worth checking with Lewis Rose if wants a return maybe? 

33 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hansen ,   dodged a bullet there then .  Finding someone better than Grondal  wont be easy. 

19 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Hansen ,   dodged a bullet there then .  Finding someone better than Grondal  wont be easy. 

Grondal is better than Perks yes but he's still very inconsistent.  Lewis Rose not a bad shout, what was his injury?

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

so if  Kenneth Hansen signed a  contract and backed out of the deal . that a wee ban for him then , 28 days  or did he really sign ? well done Kenneth on getting a bit of payback .

more spiel from the borrowers !

35 minutes ago, jenga said:

so if  Kenneth Hansen signed a  contract and backed out of the deal . that a wee ban for him then , 28 days  or did he really sign ? well done Kenneth on getting a bit of payback .

No loss IMO

1 hour ago, jenga said:

Only if it's officially signed contracts etc 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Grondal is better than Perks yes but he's still very inconsistent.  Lewis Rose not a bad shout, what was his injury?

No injury, just decided he needed time away, whether he would be ready to return I wouldn't know but I guess there is only one way to find out.

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

so he signed last week and

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Only if it's officially signed contracts etc 

now he has not  . you made the statement or are  you doing the spiel thing ?

15 minutes ago, screm said:

No injury, just decided he needed time away, whether he would be ready to return I wouldn't know but I guess there is only one way to find out.

Surely would need Newcastle to agree first - after all they have his Championship registration for 2018

If he were to return Id expect it to be as a Diamond

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surely would need Newcastle to agree first - after all they have his Championship registration for 2018

If he were to return Id expect it to be as a Diamond

In affect Newcastle have released Rose when they signed Matej Kus as a replacement.

Rose is also Kings Lynn based is he not?

I'm kind of hoping Ipswich get rid of Heeps as he'd be ideal at number 2 for us imo, he just needs confidence

Edited by Flappy
  • Haha 1