British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

If Starke and Lambert help Redcar to a league point at Sheffield, they will knock @PboroPanthers back down to 6th place #speedway

:o They did!

I sincerely hope that Peterborough ride in 2018.....it would be criminal to lose such a good track

I have lots of fond memories of Peterborough... particularly the early days of the 4s tournaments

Good luck in 2018

• Like 2

Does anyone know how much it would be to buy/lease Peterborough?

Ged and the EoES perhaps 😜

Does anyone know how much it would be to buy/lease Peterborough?

These days it seems to break most promoters within a few years who aren't Rick Frost so that should give you a ballpark figure, I'd say anyone thinking about it needs to have 100k in the bank as a safety net to even think about it?

Edited by Crump99

Even in a super stock class in superbikes..your are looking at about 400k first year costs for a 2 rider team.

Edited by baldyman

Off a team. This is running a team..not sponsoring and starting from scratch

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

I'd say anyone thinking about it needs to have 100k in the bank as a safety net to even think about it?

I'd guess that Jeremy Corbyn Fan is frantically counting his Piggy Bank to make an offer!! :D

Off a team. This is running a team..not sponsoring and starting from scratch

I guess in a sense that may be accurate but I would also think they are doing it wrong or simply have money to burn to do it correctly.

You can run one rider in British Superbike for £100k if you only look at bikes, entries, running costs etc basically take away the bullshiz of hospitality, trucks, huge awnings, full time paid staff etc this is also based on having the bikes prepared at no extra cost, just ran out of a van with a good size awning etc

If it's a new team from scratch than its an open chequebook it really is

British Superbike is potentially on the agenda for us next but as part owner not sponsor but not next year more like 2020 so hopefully they get the new circuit in northern Ireland built by then and hope they still have Assen on the calendar

£100k for speedway as a budget is crazy, what does this Ged guy do as a business?

The figure I gave you was for a 2 rider team in stock class, the cost was for bikes, truck. Workshop.. Repairs to bikesand so on...not a big hospitality job.

They then moved into superbike class and cost was then 900k before recouping 200 in sponsorshp. Each bike alone was 110k to build to competitive spec.

I take it you don't expect your rider to ever crash.???

Edited by baldyman

I'd guess that Jeremy Corbyn Fan is frantically counting his Piggy Bank to make an offer!! :D

I think I've spotted the flaw in your post already :)

• Like 1

all that copper and five p,s will take some counting .

but he had 16k last year , so maybe he has another 5k plus to add !

some crazt numbers flying around on here . no wonder the sport has a turnover of promoters .