British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Glasgow Ko Cup 2nd Leg Monday 9th October 2017 At 7.30pm

What does the article say please?

"Lambert claims that this season has been blocked by the second English league so he could not race in all the Motor Games.........I would like to be able to leave (participate in I think) more matches with this team (Motor Lublin) but I could not because of the English League"

Copied from online SportweFakty - Italics are my words.

Lost a lot of respect for this young man who appears to be very ungrateful to his English team, the promoters who supported him and the fans! Certainly would not be welcomed back to Brough Park by either myself or the fans who I stand with on the terraces

Not sure of the significance of this, but Lambert's picture had been removed from the pit wall last night. However, if the reports of his 'injury' are true, then his behaviour is totally unacceptable and we may well have seen the last of Mr. Lambert.

Is it simply a case of he was not riding so why put his picture up?

I hope he does have an injury as if not that is a real piss take (this coming from one of his biggest fans). I think as people have said, with him we would of won as Wells seemed to be just going through the motions and only really came to life in that heat 13.

I wonder if the club got the response from fans that they wanted, however, I do not think it will make any difference, as attendances for the last 3 meaningless fixtures will probably be dire. Nothing to race for so people may choose to save the money and stay in, I hope not.

Well done Glasgow by the way, you appeared to want it more and as Lawson tailed off last night (lost his gating gloves) Worrall came to life.

I wonder if the club got the response from fans that they wanted, however, I do not think it will make any difference, as attendances for the last 3 meaningless fixtures will probably be dire. Nothing to race for so people may choose to save the money and stay in, I hope not.

it didn't look like many attended and, I agree about the last 3 fixtures being poorly attended,,,

they say its financial suicide to run a double header, but in this case, if possible and could get Redcar and Worky together,,, would it make sense to just take 1 hit, instead of probly 2 ?

it didn't look like many attended and, I agree about the last 3 fixtures being poorly attended,,,

they say its financial suicide to run a double header, but in this case, if possible and could get Redcar and Worky together,,, would it make sense to just take 1 hit, instead of probly 2 ?

see where your coming from but would fans be prepared to pay out £25-£30 in one hit for 2 meaningless matches

see where your coming from but would fans be prepared to pay out £25-£30 in one hit for 2 meaningless matches

dunno, but its only one stadium rent.

and could get a big box of fireworks to get them in.

"Lambert claims that this season has been blocked by the second English league so he could not race in all the Motor Games.........I would like to be able to leave (participate in I think) more matches with this team (Motor Lublin) but I could not because of the English League"

Lost a lot of respect for this young man who appears to be very ungrateful to his English team, the promoters who supported him and the fans! Certainly would not be welcomed back to Brough Park by either myself or the fans who I stand with on the terraces

He's only said he had to miss meetings for his Polish side because he was racing for Newcastle. He hasn't said anything bad about the club there at all.

For his part he shouldn't have signed for a Sunday track and for Newcastle's part they didn't have to sign him at all knowing his other commitments.

He's only said he had to miss meetings for his Polish side because he was racing for Newcastle. He hasn't said anything bad about the club there at all.

For his part he shouldn't have signed for a Sunday track and for Newcastle's part they didn't have to sign him at all knowing his other commitments.

with the greatest respect ben, lambert hasn't been an issue until the authorities ordered the polish play-offs had more priority than the diamonds in September - im sure neither party would have signed up if that had been known last winter

but lambert has a contract with Newcastle ... and yesterday was our last chance to get something from a miserable campaign

he stuck 2 fingers up at George and the paying public

If im wrong I will be 1st to apologise if he is genuinely injured

however the tv evidence of him scoring an untroubled maximum and celebrating his teams success on live tv looks shall we say a little damning

given it was reported by Newcastle he got injured in a big crash...... someone somewhere is telling porkies ............... (one wonders how injured he was for the 4s)

its all very disappointing ... rather depressing and frankly very unprofessional ..........

folk are quick to crusify one, and leave others untouched,,,, but the Lambert situation might not happen if the sport wasn't run in such a haphazardly manner.

well done Glasgow, you wanted it more.

if there are any others tell me and I will crucify them as well (yes holder of peterboro is another)

yes the sport is lacking leadership and happily walking into oblivion

but this is about a rider clearly not fulfilling his contract ............. I can only imagine what George and Alan were saying when they watched the video

• Like 1

Not sure of the significance of this, but Lambert's picture had been removed from the pit wall last night. However, if the reports of his 'injury' are true, then his behaviour is totally unacceptable and we may well have seen the last of Mr. Lambert.

Is it simply a case of he was not riding so why put his picture up?

As far as I can recall, diamond@heart is quite correct. If rider is not there, their picture remains in the office.

Now that the tv footage is available, it would be very interesting to know the clubs response, but I won't hold my breath!

with the greatest respect ben, lambert hasn't been an issue until the authorities ordered the polish play-offs had more priority than the diamonds in September - im sure neither party would have signed up if that had been known last winter

It wasn't difficult to predict with the Polish fixtures on the original ISL calendar in February with nothing for Newcastle in September/October.

It wasn't difficult to predict with the Polish fixtures on the original ISL calendar in February with nothing for Newcastle in September/October.

I didn't realise Lublin were guaranteed a play off spot before the season started ....................

and Lambert was signed up by December I think ................ a while before the fixtures were released

but I agree I was baffled why Newcastle season wasn't mapped out in March I think we started the season with only around 30 confirmed matches

I'm giving speedway a miss next year, I'm gonna watch lawnmower racing, professionally run sport, worldwide and they don't have a doubling up problem or double points rule. Anyone with me, Kimi is??? :o:o:P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/41484455?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=cbbc&intc_campaign=newsround&intc_linkname=vidclip_lawnmowerracing_contentcard5

http://www.blmra.co.uk/

I'm giving speedway a miss next year, I'm gonna watch lawnmower racing, professionally run sport, worldwide and they don't have a doubling up problem or double points rule. Anyone with me, Kimi is??? :o:o:P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/41484455?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=cbbc&intc_campaign=newsround&intc_linkname=vidclip_lawnmowerracing_contentcard5

http://www.blmra.co.uk/

W.S.L. is far more entertaining and they dont fall dowm as if they have been shot . give it a try and its on tv .

I didn't realise Lublin were guaranteed a play off spot before the season started ....................

and Lambert was signed up by December I think ................ a while before the fixtures were released

Nor was there any need to. Just put the towels on the sunbeds and sort the details out when the time comes.

Otherwise, you just have to admire the way Lambert has got his rubber sick note tuned to perfection, bouncing at all the right times and places. Batchelor et al must be so proud.

Thank you, in Lambert's defense he has been pretty commited to us since he's been here but the last couple of month have been a joke to be honest. He has certainly made Poland his priority as the season is drawing to an end. As the evidence suggests he didn't crash in Poland on Sunday so how did he injure himself? Celebrating with the rest of the team? It seems he just couldn't be bothered to fly back to the U.K so made up some cock and bull story about being injured which is quite disappointing for his many fans at Newcastle