British Speedway Forum

Lawson, Kennet, Morley and Zach should all be in the frame but as mentioned before I would really love to see Rory Schlein race for us at some point, of course he is not British but I think he only rides in England and maybe Sweden on Tuesdays?

Rory returned to ride in Poland second half of this year and has a contract to ride for rzeszow with Hancock next season.

About three out of seven. If Scott decides to ride in the Championship it is likely to be with Ipswich. As an asset of Glasgow, Richard will remain there whilst I don't think we shall see Robert back and Robin appears to have retired. Yes, I believe Edward will return and I would be extremely surprised if Ben and Zach are not included. I'm not sure who else though. Lewis (Kerr) seemed to like us and Jon has a great relationship with Kim (Nilsson) despite suggesting an all British line-up. Will former rider, Justin Sedgmen be here in 2018 as well?

Those of us who supported the Hammers during the Pete Thorogood years have a good working of the north already, However I think Jon Cook might need one!

now they were good days and nights lol Martin Goodwin & Rob Tilbury good lads.

1. Edward Kennett 9.28

2. Rob Branford 3.94/Ben Morley 3.85

3. Scott Nicholls 9.21

4. Lewis Kerr 6.85

5. Richard Lawson 8.62

6. Zach Wajtknecht 2.56 (Assume he gets a 2.5% reduction? And if not, he'd fit with his original average if Ben Morley was at 2)

7. 2.00er (Alfie Bowtell 2.03 fits, Jack Thomas??? Another??)

Maybe a very long tail, but an example of a team with Nicholls, Lawson and Kennett in it

good team that

At first glance Cliv your 7 totals under 40 so could strengthen by 2.5-3 points

Thanks for that info. Swap Clegg for Justn Sedgmen then.

now they were good days and nights lol Martin Goodwin & Rob Tilbury good lads.

Oh indeed, and Simmo hiding in the Dartford Tunnel, well that was the rumour that was going around when he went missing at one point in I think 1988.

My favourite years of the Hammers being a second division club was 1990, I recall us going to Eastbourne and caning them on their own track with Troy Pratt getting a maximum, 1991 of course where we won just about everything, the late 90s when we brought through Gary Corbett and Colin Chalky White had his most successful run, then 2003 where Henning Bager joined us and became one of the most popular riders to ever don a Hammers race jacket, we also had Kylmakorpi entertaining us for fun that season.

Not so great however was the fours final at Coventry in 2002, we came so close to winning it but luck was not on our side, I was there and I still haven’t forgotten it to this day, the mood on the club coach coming home was very sombre.

Thanks for that info. Swap Clegg for Justn Sedgmen then.

Id keep Clegg....

1. Edward Kennett 9.28

2. Rob Branford 3.94/Ben Morley 3.85

3. Scott Nicholls 9.21

4. Lewis Kerr 6.85

5. Richard Lawson 8.62

6. Zach Wajtknecht 2.56 (Assume he gets a 2.5% reduction? And if not, he'd fit with his original average if Ben Morley was at 2)

7. 2.00er (Alfie Bowtell 2.03 fits, Jack Thomas??? Another??)

Maybe a very long tail, but an example of a team with Nicholls, Lawson and Kennett in it

So it is doable then, thanks. Swap Kerr for Ellis and that is a tempting team.

Kennett only 7.67 if 1.2 multiplier still in place....

thanks for that. Surprised as he was a very passionate Hammers supporter and Speedway in general. Maybe you’re right and the move up a League will help light the fire again.

You may be very surprised by those who turn up at the raceway in 2018!

The last time the prospect of a new season got me so excited was 1969 when the King of Plough Lane (Or as Barry Briggs said and Ivan agreed with him the greatest New Zealand World Champion of all time) returned to the fold; More than anything I could not wait to see the Hammers bringing a fantastic team to Plough Lane also. The names of then Hammers riders Olle Nygren and Sverre Harrfeldt still sends shivers down my spine almost fifty years later.

Edited by The Little Un
  • Like 1

Good to see you are back Judy.

Oh indeed, and Simmo hiding in the Dartford Tunnel, well that was the rumour that was going around when he went missing at one point in I think 1988.

My favourite years of the Hammers being a second division club was 1990, I recall us going to Eastbourne and caning them on their own track with Troy Pratt getting a maximum, 1991 of course where we won just about everything, the late 90s when we brought through Gary Corbett and Colin Chalky White had his most successful run, then 2003 where Henning Bager joined us and became one of the most popular riders to ever don a Hammers race jacket, we also had Kylmakorpi entertaining us for fun that season.

Not so great however was the fours final at Coventry in 2002, we came so close to winning it but luck was not on our side, I was there and I still haven’t forgotten it to this day, the mood on the club coach coming home was very sombre.

Remember that last heat well - all Kelvin had to do was score a point and he was off the inside gate as well. Agree. We had absolutely no luck that day.

Good to see you are back Judy.

Remember that last heat well - all Kelvin had to do was score a point and he was off the inside gate as well. Agree. We had absolutely no luck that day.

It was a long quiet ride home on the coach after those Fours.

When Tacey had engine problems and then Leigh Lanham's engine blew whilst leading I thought it wasn't meant to be.

The same team that lost to Somerset and Rye the year before. Whoever it is has dropped 2 leagues in 2 years by the look of it(!)

So they have now announced that there will be no official promotion and relegation (was there ever?) and have abolished something that everyone (I think) knew was completely

meaningless in the first place! :shock:

• Like 1

With so much space there why dont they build a proper track?!!