British Speedway Forum

Sorry but you cannot go from heat 4 to heat 10 without a grade. The Polish Extraleague have it right.

4 heats then short grade/watering.

3 heats short grade /watering

3 heats short grade/watering

3 heats short grade / watering

Break for last 2 heats rider nominations and grade/water.

Meetings are normally done and dusted in about

1hr 45 mins.

The parade is always bang on 10 mins before start time and 1st race is always on start time.

Meetings I've watched at Wolves and other tracks seem to follow the 4 heats grade, then every 3. That is needed.

The start time and presentation should be clearer tho. Advertising as "tapes up 7.30" is false advertising particularly if it's parade at 7.30 and 1st race at 7.45.

Most people can be in by 7.30 so I see no reason why racing can't start then with parade at 7.20. Personal preference.

Meetings I've watched at Wolves and other tracks seem to follow the 4 heats grade, then every 3. That is needed.

The start time and presentation should be clearer tho. Advertising as "tapes up 7.30" is false advertising particularly if it's parade at 7.30 and 1st race at 7.45.

Most people can be in by 7.30 so I see no reason why racing can't start then with parade at 7.20. Personal preference.

Boil my piss when I rush to a track for 7.30 for them to have the first race at 7.45 or 7.50. If you advertise 7.30 then start at 7.30! And then be finished in about 90 minutes. Not all of us living within 10 minutes of the track and having rushed out of work we want to get home at a reasonable time as we have work the next day too and we're already running low on energy having had to tolerate a crap burger from the van on the back straight!

Are you saying the riders try harder cos of the away scoring system??? Surely they get paid for scoring..so I doubt the scoring system makes not the slightest difference. What a load to tosh

The only load of old tosh here, is your ability to see what's in front of you. If an away team was 10 points adrift with a few heats to go, the match is as good as over. Whereas, if there was a chance of scoring a solidary point when finishing within a 6pts deficit, the goal would be more achievable and racing would be more competitive....

Sorry but you cannot go from heat 4 to heat 10 without a grade. The Polish Extraleague have it right.

4 heats then short grade/watering.

3 heats short grade /watering

3 heats short grade/watering

3 heats short grade / watering

Break for last 2 heats rider nominations and grade/water.

Meetings are normally done and dusted in about

1hr 45 mins.

The parade is always bang on 10 mins before start time and 1st race is always on start time.

A lot would depend on the weather. On a hot sunny day, probably more water would be needed as the track dries out. But when running on cold damp evenings, the watering is not necessary. From my experience far too much time is spent grading the track, that does nothing but slow the meeting down. .Remember, the Ref can't put the 2mins on until the track is clear....

I'd like to wager that at most meetings at Lynn, there is more time spent grading the track than the actual racing. Its no wonder fans get fed-up....

• Like 5

The only load of old tosh here, is your ability to see what's in front of you. If an away team was 10 points adrift with a few heats to go, the match is as good as over. Whereas, if there was a chance of scoring a solidary point when finishing within a 6pts deficit, the goal would be more achievable and racing would be more competitive....

A lot would depend on the weather. On a hot sunny day, probably more water would be needed as the track dries out. But when running on cold damp evenings, the watering is not necessary. From my experience far too much time is spent grading the track, that does nothing but slow the meeting down. .Remember, the Ref can't put the 2mins on until the track is clear....

I'd like to wager that at most meetings at Lynn, there is more time spent grading the track than the actual racing. Its no wonder fans get fed-up....

U prefer meetings where there is a huge build up of dirt on the outside of the track so riders really are dicing with death going into it, I don't. The more material on our small tracks the more grading is needed imo...

U prefer meetings where there is a huge build up of dirt on the outside of the track so riders really are dicing with death going into it, I don't. The more material on our small tracks the more grading is needed imo...

The knack is not to put too much shale on the track. That was the massive problem that caused all the trouble at the Poole match. Obviously you have learnt nothing from that fiasco

The knack is not to put too much shale on the track. That was the massive problem that caused all the trouble at the Poole match. Obviously you have learnt nothing from that fiasco

Yes that is true but a rider of Chris Holder's class shouldn't have a problem with it though, there is always a temptation to put too much shale on the track, it happened under Wagstaff as well remember a meeting at Kings Lynn when only Crump was capable of riding it because it was so deep and an hour later after a lot of work,we had racing.

• Like 1

It was the non binding of the new material with the base material that was reportedly the problem as I understood it...
  • Like 1

Yes that is true but a rider of Chris Holder's class shouldn't have a problem with it though, there is always a temptation to put too much shale on the track, it happened under Wagstaff as well remember a meeting at Kings Lynn when only Crump was capable of riding it because it was so deep and an hour later after a lot of work,we had racing.

Surely the idea is to have a track enabling everybody the ability to race, not try to create one to suit certain riders..... I still believe the track was rideable that day as proved by those who were prepared to try. Holder, along with Batchelor, made themselves look silly that day, but speedway was the biggest loser...

If all tracks and toppings were of similar construction, I sure the racing would be far better received and appreciated... I see no fun or gain by watching riders in difficulties because of bad track preparation...

• Like 4

To keep the league closer say 12 teams, home and away once so 22 meetings

2 points for a win

1 point for a draw

0 points for a loss

1 bonus point for aggregate win

Would make the league table closer

• Like 1

It would be good if they made some rules and stuck with them for say 10 years..so every club knows what will be happening the following seasons and they can build their budgets and business plans around that.

• Like 1

It would be good if they made some rules and stuck with them for say 10 years..so every club knows what will be happening the following seasons and they can build their budgets and business plans around that.

Nice idea. Trouble is the BSPA don't know what they're doing tomorrow :rofl:

Nice idea. Trouble is the BSPA don't know what they're doing tomorrow :rofl:

Or what they did yesterday!

• Like 2

So the AGM is tomo. Looks set to be set race nights (mon & Thursday) there for stopping missing riders

So.......

What day would you prefer????? Mon or Thurs

And if it was the same team week in week out with no guest (excluding injuries of course) do you think the crowds would improve????

For me i'd go with Monday for belle vue

And

I think the crowd could improve. And if only 1 rider is Injured then I think they should have to use R/R no matter where in the team they are.

All teams should have to name a no8 at start of season and if a reserve is injured then the no8 replaces

• Like 1

So the AGM is tomo. Looks set to be set race nights (mon & Thursday) there for stopping missing riders

So.......

What day would you prefer????? Mon or Thurs

And if it was the same team week in week out with no guest (excluding injuries of course) do you think the crowds would improve????

For me i'd go with Monday for belle vue

And

I think the crowd could improve. And if only 1 rider is Injured then I think they should have to use R/R no matter where in the team they are.

All teams should have to name a no8 at start of season and if a reserve is injured then the no8 replaces

A squad system of sorts is the way to go, or at least 2 riders doubling up to share one position in a team. At least it creates an association between riders and teams, not just any tom dick or harry turning up! I'm amazed this hasn't been operated for a number 1 also. You could have Nicki Pedersen and Greg Hancock (for arguments sake) sharing a no.1 berth. They only need to do half as many meetings like they want, the fans get a proper number 1, no guests and everyone is happy!