British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Reassessed Averages

There has to be a dark art to averages as it not only allows the in crowd to gain an advantage but it can stop a team outside the inner circle from potentially winning.

Current system will stay whilst UK speedway continues its demise.

• Like 1

These gradings to be arrived from 'using current form/comparative data'

That sounds like averages to me.....

These grading's would be set for the whole year, regardless of his form being good or bad, the grading remains the same. At the end of each season all riders are regarded, keeping in context of the form he has shown throughout the year. Of cause his scores has to be noted for obvious reasons, but his grading wont be altered every month. Riders will not be chopped and change to suit the averages. It would create more settled teams and a more even playing field. Riders who perform badly to doctor the averages would only hurt himself and still not get a low grading...

There are so many advantages using this simple idea. It has been most successful in Denmark... Our levels of quality covers a much wider spectrum than there's, so our grading would need to accommodate all levels of our expertise, but 5 groups should be sufficient .

When Managers select their teams, it will be for the whole year. Obviously changes can be made but it is done like for like basis only. Supporters and Fans will be able to connect with the same team each meeting and that has to be good for the sport.......

These grading's would be set for the whole year, regardless of his form being good or bad, the grading remains the same. At the end of each season all riders are regarded, keeping in context of the form he has shown throughout the year. Of cause his scores has to be noted for obvious reasons, but his grading wont be altered every month. Riders will not be chopped and change to suit the averages. It would create more settled teams and a more even playing field. Riders who perform badly to doctor the averages would only hurt himself and still not get a low grading...

There are so many advantages using this simple idea. It has been most successful in Denmark... Our levels of quality covers a much wider spectrum than there's, so our grading would need to accommodate all levels of our expertise, but 5 groups should be sufficient .

When Managers select their teams, it will be for the whole year. Obviously changes can be made but it is done like for like basis only. Supporters and Fans will be able to connect with the same team each meeting and that has to be good for the sport.......

Yeah lets use a grading system that is totally open to manipulation instead of averages which actually determine how a rider is riding, what a brilliant idea. :neutral:

• Like 1

Yeah lets use a grading system that is totally open to manipulation instead of averages which actually determine how a rider is riding, what a brilliant idea. :neutral:

Yes it is a brilliant idea...... you know what they say about Sarcasm ......

A Grading Committee with representatives from each club would find it very difficult to manipulate any grading of riders, and those who tried would stick out like a sore thumb.... How embarrassing....

If you cannot see the fiddles that has gone on with averages these past years , I suggest you visit the Opticians

I remember that last time we did grading, Lindback (Poole) was low and Harris (Coventry) was high, even though they were the same.

Any system we adopt will not work satisfactorily as some of the people involved are bent.

£££££ makes points, or hollow championships.

Yes I am referring to Woffy 2016, at the time I didn't like what happened but accepted it as it was within the rules at the time,

If the BSPA had proposed a 9 pt assessed average for GP riders without a 2017 average at the same time they announced the one 8 point rider per team then fair enough, they didn't they let it slip after Zagar tweeted his interest of returning because of the new rules he had heard of ie, fixed race nights.

Absolutely, it was more than within the rules for 2016.

I didn't see the tweet regards Zagar but I fail to see how he can race here in 2018 when it's the same reason he couldn't ride here in 2017 - the Polish ruling.

If he has signed in Poland and Sweden then he can't sign here with his home league still counting.

Unless he knows something we all don't that the Poles aren't going to enforce the dictatorship rule again in 2018. Fingers crossed for that.

I doubt certain BSPA members voted just to stop the Aces signing Zagar on 7 something. The reason then would be the same to stop Wolves signing Piotr I guess then.

The only 3 league rule has been dropped now we and Poland have gone to set nights

Amusingly, the UK isn't using one of its FIM priority allocated nights. We have priority on Monday and Thursday nights. Denmark are the ones with priority on Wednesday.

Amusingly, the UK isn't using one of its FIM priority allocated nights. We have priority on Monday and Thursday nights. Denmark are the ones with priority on Wednesday.

That don't surprise me one little bit.

Yeah and we know exactly which Championship clubs to blame for that!!!!

Yeah and we know exactly which Championship clubs to blame for that!!!!

Do we?

The only 3 league rule has been dropped now we and Poland have gone to set nights

Don't think it has. The rule was Poland and two other leagues with most having to do their home nation as one option.

i presume with the massive TV deal they have, British clubs will again have to sign up that Poland get priority on riders with meetings mainly on Sunday's but also the odd Friday, Saturday and Monday's.

Don't think it has. The rule was Poland and two other leagues with most having to do their home nation as one option.

i presume with the massive TV deal they have, British clubs will again have to sign up that Poland get priority on riders with meetings mainly on Sunday's but also the odd Friday, Saturday and Monday's.

CVS said the ISLB (no idea who they are) have confirmed that Poland get priority on Fri/Sat/Sun.

No idea about bank holidays tho.

CVS and Adams always mention Ford and Poole!! However if wasn't mentioned that Ford instigated the 9 point rule.

Those words I wish for very single season so yes obviously I want transparency in the rules every single season that are set out clearly at the start of the year and no sudden we will change or amend this rule because we hadn't thought it.

I can only assume you are referring to Woffy coming back on his real average??

It was all within the rules wasn't it???

If they had regraded Woffy and all GP standard riders as a 9 at the start of 2016 I'd have applauded it.

For me it's always about what's best for our sport and league, not what's best for my club.

Fairness and clarity would make things so much better for the fans and BSPA IMHO.

So Wolves suffered a whole season yet it would be 'fair' to have to have his REAL average altered because it isn't fair to other teams??? Not fair at all.

Wolves had to suffer 2 seasons because the world champion rode poor and achieved a poor average because of it. So its only fitting the team who suffered that year was able to take advantage of it.

So Wolves suffered a whole season yet it would be 'fair' to have to have his REAL average altered because it isn't fair to other teams??? Not fair at all.

Wolves had to suffer 2 seasons because the world champion rode poor and achieved a poor average because of it. So its only fitting the team who suffered that year was able to take advantage of it.

And look at the furore that caused and helped change the rule the following season (by putting deadline on when riders can return mid season) and for some reason they have altered Tai and other GP boys again this year by giving them an average that will as good as ensure they can't return in 2018.

If it's 'fair' to change the GP boys real averages then it's 'fair' to reassess ANYONE who didn't ride here in 2017.

And here is the key, if they are using the benchmark of 'not riding here in 2017' how fair is it to say it only affects certain riders and not others? ? Isn't that by any description unfair??

Either reassess ALL riders who missed 2017 or leave averages as they are for those who have a TRUE average like Tai had in 2016.

Don't we want fairness and transparency from our governing body??? Or do we want to allow some teams to use ringers year in year out??

I speak as someone who supports a team that has 2 potential ringers for the future so I'm hardly thinking of my team alone.

• Like 2