British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't  part

People can see you for what you are    and as Gavan says that is a shame because 99 per cent of the Poole supporters are decent people.I don't hate Poole and i have always been a fan of Middlo he is Poole through and through but you when you talk Speedway you are pretty limited.The thing is i can remember when Poole had poor sides so yes i admire some of what they have done over the years and yes they would be up there in the roll of honour behind Belle Vue, 1972  certainly   on par with Coventry and Wolves also the Cradley  83 side( better than any Poole side).It is such a shame that you ruin it for the decent Poole folk who love there speedway and who can be impartial as well.

As I said Sidney, you say the same thing over and over like a stuck record. My speedway knowledge is pretty limited? :lol: That’s why our team win the speedway quiz at Poole most years. :approve:

All in all a great win to start the season. The first of many. Next week the chumps are in town. Bring ‘em on. 

58 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Sounds like you tar all Poole fans with the same brush. You do realise there is childish gloating and wind ups carried out on this forum by supporters from all clubs right? 

I stand by the fact that Matt Ford runs Poole Speedway the way he does because its his main income and his passion. Poole do bend the rules to breaking point at times, but that's because we're run by a man who wants to win. If other clubs were run by people as ambitious and dedicated to the cause as Matt Ford, then speedway would be in a better place. I'm well aware other will disagree, and that's their prerogative. 

As for the boasting about being champions, who doesn't celebrate their club's successes? How many times will people bring up Poole losing to Coventry in the final that one year? Are they boasting/gloating? 

This forum is an incredibly toxic place. Yet I can't think of a single heated argument I've had with opposing fans at any live speedway match I've been to in the 28 years I have been going. Strange that. How about people take some responsibility for their actions and words and consider what they are saying before posting? Posts like yours continue to fuel ill will. We all see the sport struggling, so why don't we try and act like adults with a common interest and start playing nice. Cut out the name calling. Be a bigger man/woman!

It used to get a bit heated sometimes back in the day(80's) when Ippo came to town.Big crowds back then.My mate got headbutted by an Ippo supporter on the second bend once :blink:

9 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

spot on !! not a lot more to be said on this matter except if rohan would have scored his average or more the match would have been comfortable for us against the so called 2018 champs :lol: roll on monday let's see the reactions then !!

It’s going to go into meltdown when we beat you again. Poole are a better team than Belle Vue. You are already carrying Tungate. 

And you are as wrong as Gavan. Six points from Cook and Worrall would have made the scores closer but no win. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

@Bald Bloke Defo been to some 'chippy' matches, certainly against Eastbourne, but, never seen anything come to blows. Probably because someone would throw a hip out! 

But, I was just trying to make the point that speedway fans, in general are accommodating, friendly people. So why is this online forum the antithesis of that 'in real life' vibe? And then further to that, how can we fix this? 

15 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

spot on !! not a lot more to be said on this matter except if rohan would have scored his average or more the match would have been comfortable for us against the so called 2018 champs :lol: roll on monday let's see the reactions then !!

I can understand the "what ifs" regarding Cookie and Worrall,they were missing riders who no doubt would of scored more that Batch and Lawson did combind. But with Rohan, he was there and didn't go well.Just one of those things, almost every team could say that most weeks.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I can understand the "what ifs" regarding Cookie and Worrall,they were missing riders who no doubt would of scored more that Batch and Lawson did combind. But with Rohan, he was there and didn't go well.Just one of those things, almost every team could say that most weeks.

Exactly. If we can allow the Belle Vue 'what ifs', lets throw in:

• Holder has no visa issues
  • No EF for Spanner in Heat 2.
  • The one 8.00 rider only rule wasn't approved by the BSPA
  • Hell, how about Darcy never got hurt while we're here...

When I take all the above into account, Poole still win ;)

18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It used to get a bit heated sometimes back in the day(80's) when Ippo came to town.Big crowds back then.My mate got headbutted by an Ippo supporter on the second bend once :blink:

The good old days

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s going to go into meltdown when we beat you again. Poole are a better team than Belle Vue. You are already carrying Tungate. 

And you are as wrong as Gavan. Six points from Cook and Worrall would have made the scores closer but no win. 

:rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

try reading the posts properly, 6 pts from EACH of Cook and Worrall (easily achievable) would've given the pts to Belle Vue.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That would be the same Tungate you now say we're carrying that you claimed in the Aces v Poole thread, when trying again to claim r/r wouldn't weaken us, would win his race when taking a r/r for Worrall on Monday. You can't even be consistent in your opinions made on the same day.

Any speedway fan capable of being objective would have anticipated Cook and Worrall scoring a combined total of at least 15 to 20.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hyderd said:

try reading the posts properly, 6 pts from EACH of Cook and Worrall (easily achievable) would've given the pts to Belle Vue.

No it wouldn’t. It probably would have given you a bonus point either. Take a look back at Grachans post for explanation.

Are we talking the current Australian Champion, Rohan Tungate, who defeated Brady Kurtz and Max Fricke to win said title?

Upon reflection of seeing him perform live for the first time in 2018, like a reasonable human being Steve has changed his opinion. Would you prefer he stubbornly digs his heels and refuses to change his opinion to suit your narrative? 

Shovvy is at worst a pantomime villian who plays up to his role and hits all his marks. And you all get to scream and holler in the correct spots. 

10 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

That would be the same Tungate you now say we're carrying that you claimed in the Aces v Poole thread, when trying again to claim r/r wouldn't weaken us, would win his race when taking a r/r for Worrall on Monday. You can't even be consistent in your opinions made on the same day.

Any speedway fan capable of being objective would have anticipated Cook and Worrall scoring a combined total of at least 15 to 20.

Tungate around NSS is a different rider to the one that goes awol on his travels. 

Against this very good Poole team who knows what they would have scored? They were not there. 

Hell its like saying next Monday night, if Kildemand scores two points, that Holder would have scored at least 13. If they are not there they can’t score!

Let’s see what happens in the B fixture. I have a feeling if Cook and Worrall rides, Poole will still win comfortably.

3 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Are we talking the current Australian Champion, Rohan Tungate, who defeated Brady Kurtz and Max Fricke to win said title?

Upon reflection of seeing him perform live for the first time in 2018, like a reasonable human being Steve has changed his opinion. Would you prefer he stubbornly digs his heels and refuses to change his opinion to suit your narrative? 

Shovvy is at worst a pantomime villian who plays up to his role and hits all his marks. And you all get to scream and holler in the correct spots. 

Your do realise that both comments were made today?

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tungate around NSS is a different rider to the one that goes awol on his travels. 

Against this very good Poole team who knows what they would have scored? They were not there. 

Hell its like saying next Monday night, if Kildemand scores two points, that Holder would have scored at least 13. If they are not there they can’t score!

Let’s see what happens in the B fixture. I have a feeling if Cook and Worrall rides, Poole will still win comfortably.

You were referring to Mondays meeting at the NSS when you said firstly that he would score 3 when replacing Worrall and when a few hours later you said we were carrying him. Not to an away meeting.

Saying if a guest rider scores 2 that the absent team member would have scored 13 is a valid comment to make if it is supported by similar scoring and exactly the sort of comment you would make. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tungate has had some stinkers at the NSS too mate, he does not convince me at all. I dont think his home form on the occasions he does go well compensate for his dire away showings.