British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Fair enough, if the deadline passes, our team is what it is... THAT is where it gets different ;) I assume if a rider drops out himself after the deadline the team is then allowed to sign someone? :blink: How does that work?

Nope:- Guests or rider Replacement depending on the applicable regulation. Same as if someone gets injured after the deadline. 

(As Scunthorpe tried last year to replace Danny with guests, but couldn't because Danny wouldn't play ball and quit).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leander said:

Nope:- Guests or rider Replacement depending on the applicable regulation. Same as if someone gets injured after the deadline. 

(As Scunthorpe tried last year to replace Danny with guests, but couldn't because Danny wouldn't play ball and quit).

Up to the rider at the end of the day, but thanks for clearing that up... Seems like a stupid rule, injury replacements should be allowed... :blink:

1 minute ago, JackJack said:

Up to the rider at the end of the day, but thanks for clearing that up... Seems like a stupid rule, injury replacements should be allowed... :blink:

The daftest thing is that if Danny had quit he would probably have received a 28 day ban for "withholding his services" even though Scunthorpe wanted rid of him. That would have impacted on his NL bookings, not to mention any guest or individual bookings

6 minutes ago, leander said:

The daftest thing is that if Danny had quit he would probably have received a 28 day ban for "withholding his services" even though Scunthorpe wanted rid of him. That would have impacted on his NL bookings, not to mention any guest or individual bookings

Spot on. If Phillips had bee hit with a 28 day ban it would have stopped him riding for Coventry in the NL. If they decided to remove him from their team also he could then no longer guest anywhere after the ban was up due to the requirement of being in a 1-7 to be guest eligible. Simple really...

On 6/23/2019 at 2:42 AM, Dandelion said:

Danyon Hume with a 2.5% reduction and Ben Barker on a 6.90 average fit would fit, even with next months rolling average taken into affect... That's with replacing Danny and Tommy... I do like Tommy a lot and Ben has A LOT of outside issues... But he'd still do a better job imo than the inconsistent 2019 Tommy has

Steve Worrall © 7.72
Max Clegg 4.52
Lasse Bjerre 6.65
Matthew Wethers 6.50
Ben Barker 6.90
Danyon Hume 3.70
Jacob Bukhave 4.00

And as has been said, Dan Bewley would be perfect... But you'd have to live on drinking land to believe it :P What do Kenneth Hansen and Jonas B Andersen do these days?

Dan is committed  to Poland most Sundays. Even if we could persuade him to come to Newcastle it would require major team surgery. According to some Edinburgh supporters at the fours Edinburgh are looking at bringing him into there side. BUT and it's a big but, he comes in on a converted Premiership average which means he's somewhere near a 10. 

Mason Campton can't come back until next March/April as his visa has expired and he can't return for 12 months (assuming he qualifies via various Aussie championships).

Danyon's average is just a tad too high as a direct replacement for Danny. (I blame Max or Matty for improving too much!! Only joking).

Ben Barker/ Joe Lawlor. There's a reason they were sacked by their respective clubs and it has little or no reason to do with riding a bike. wouldn't go there personally.

• Like 2

Was anyone there at the Fours to see Lasse, heard he had a fall? Did this effect him or what?

Edited by JackJack

1 hour ago, leander said:

Dan is committed  to Poland most Sundays. Even if we could persuade him to come to Newcastle it would require major team surgery. According to some Edinburgh supporters at the fours Edinburgh are looking at bringing him into there side. BUT and it's a big but, he comes in on a converted Premiership average which means he's somewhere near a 10. 

Mason Campton can't come back until next March/April as his visa has expired and he can't return for 12 months (assuming he qualifies via various Aussie championships).

Danyon's average is just a tad too high as a direct replacement for Danny. (I blame Max or Matty for improving too much!! Only joking).

Ben Barker/ Joe Lawlor. There's a reason they were sacked by their respective clubs and it has little or no reason to do with riding a bike. wouldn't go there personally.

Didn't realise Dan would come in on converted average!! I know he ride in Poland, didn't say I'd want him in the team, he's just been mentioned

I guess Mason Campton will qualify like... I still like Danyon and think he's worth trying to fit in, good prospect and a hard rider

Ben Barker and Joe Lawlor aren't ideal, but they are options for a struggling team with nothing to lose...

Lasse and Danny could be replaced with a combination of either Dimitri Berge and Kasper Andersen or Bradley Wilson Dean and Danyon Hume

Dimitri is riding very well for Belle Vue this year and I felt bad for Kasper when replaced at Sheffield, could become a very good rider and could be considered as a long term rider for us imo

Bradley Wilson Dean and Danyon Hume speak for themselves, much better upgrades to what we have now...

All riders we probably couldn't convince to come to Brough though, which for some reason seems to be our biggest problem...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackJack said:

Was anyone there at the Fours to see Lasse, heard he had a fall? Did this effect him or what?

It was in his last ride. 

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It was in his last ride

Some would hope that was true, along with another one replaced. 

2 hours ago, leander said:

Ah, I wasn't sure like...

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Some would hope that was true, along with another one replaced. 

I really like Lasse, but he's struggling a lot this year, I thought Tommy was the one struggling, but I'm not sure that's really the case, Lasse has good scores, like 8+1 at Eastbourne, then the next meeting he'll have 3 breakdowns and a win... Kinda frustrating... But I don't want him to leave under storm clouds... As the Bjerre's should always be welcomed at Newcastle

Just now, Dandelion said:

I really like Lasse, but he's struggling a lot this year, I thought Tommy was the one struggling, but I'm not sure that's really the case, Lasse has good scores, like 8+1 at Eastbourne, then the next meeting he'll have 3 breakdowns and a win... Kinda frustrating... But I don't want him to leave under storm clouds... As the Bjerre's should always be welcomed at Newcastle

No time for sentiment but at the moment. Bottom of the League and not going though to the 4's finals after a decent start is not good enough. Birmingham and Eastbourne were supposed to be fighting for the wooden spoon this season and look at our results against then lately.

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

No time for sentiment but at the moment. Bottom of the League and not going though to the 4's finals after a decent start is not good enough. Birmingham and Eastbourne were supposed to be fighting for the wooden spoon this season and look at our results against then lately.

I thought Eastbourne looked a good team this year, especially after signing Kyle... Birmingham not so much, but they have strengthened... And have Ashley at reserve!! Mind you, Newcastle at the bottom of the league is still no good... I thought Berwick looked weak this year too...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackJack said:

dont worry , Mr Godfrey will sort it out in 2020 .. he does things like that ya know ....

Does the team building limit increase to above 40 later in the season and, when is the cut off date for making team changes ?