6 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Didn't ride Monday.

So is it always, or never?

Which old chesnut, Bobby Fisher?

Seriously what exactly do you mean?

Stuck between two premier league clubs.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Packed to the rafters. You need it after the dismal crowd you had there on Monday. What was it 300, if you were lucky.

It's not dismal. It's a big stadium. 

I'd say 800 were in the grandstand and another 700 on the terracing. Pc suite is always full so another 200 there. 

That's about 1700. It's not dismal by any stretch on a race night that doesn't suit us. 

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I must say the crowd on Monday looked abysmal. What are the Belle Vue management doing in advertising locally?

The Manchester conurbation is massive so really they should be able to fill the place. I always can never understand why a club in a huge city gets the same size crowd or less than Somerset, for example, with a couple of small towns and flood plains nearby.

Local advertisement is irrelevant in the digital age. Social media is massive and the club are all over that. 

Speedway just doesn't have a market place and even less so on a Wednesday. 

Had that meeting been a Friday and not on the TV we'd have broke 2k easily and that is far from a shabby crowd.

Dont be fooled by the stadium its massive and can look empty when there is a crowd much the same as many other tracks. 

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Stuck between two premier league clubs.

Ah right, well it's a fact but, for me, the Aces spent too long in the wilderness (dog track) and lost all the people who would go along occasionally but always turn up for the attractive fixtures, those people have drifted off to do other things with their spare cash.  Success will help but it will take years to replace those who were lost.

2 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

And the fixture was moved at very short notice. Reading the Belle Vue fans Facebook page plenty of us missed it. If the crowd was 1700 it much more than we usually get on the graveyard Monday nights.

Correct. It was also on TV. 

1700 under those types of circumstances is a very decent turnout. 

16 minutes ago, acef said:

It's not dismal. It's a big stadium. 

I'd say 800 were in the grandstand and another 700 on the terracing. Pc suite is always full so another 200 there. 

That's about 1700. It's not dismal by any stretch on a race night that doesn't suit us. 

About 300 more than we had on Wednesday then i dont think it you charge 24£ for grandstand seats expensive would you not agree ?

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

About 300 more than we had on Wednesday then i dont think it you charge 24£ for grandstand seats expensive would you not agree ?

The crowd at Poole on Wednesday was much much bigger than the crowd at Belle Vue on BT. Last week you said the meeting against Wolves would be the smallest crowd of the season. You were wrong, as crowd was very good.

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

All TV meetings should be £10. The general pricing structure is okay imo, there are cheaper standing areas which naturally fill before the grandstand. The prices are pretty competitive 

1 minute ago, acef said:

All TV meetings should be £10. The general pricing structure is okay imo, there are cheaper standing areas which naturally fill before the grandstand. The prices are pretty competitive 

They can’t be £10, if BT are not paying. The promotions lose when BT are in town, so why lose even more? 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The crowd at Poole on Wednesday was much much bigger than the crowd at Belle Vue on BT. Last week you said the meeting against Wolves would be the smallest crowd of the season. You were wrong, as crowd was very good.

Poole has a catchment. There is no other major sport in the town. 

Manchester is bigger but its dominated by other sports so all it means is there are more people who don't want to go to the speedway. 

Tapping into that market share is hard. Their money is already spent. 

Like I said earlier, speedway just doesn't have the pull. 

That said, on a Friday we were getting over 2k regular and that is amongst the highest in the league. 

The fixed race night has hurt us. 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

They can’t be £10, if BT are not paying. The promotions lose when BT are in town, so why lose even more? 

They are gimmes.

Take the hit and fill the place. A full stadium on a TV is a big sell. 

Just now, acef said:

Poole has a catchment. There is no other major sport in the town. 

We have a premier league football club less than 6 miles from Wimborne Road.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The attendance at poole on Wednesday was just over 1400 fact

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We have a premier league football club less than 6 miles from Wimborne Road.

And BV have 2 within 1 mile. Arguably the 2 biggest clubs in the UK. 

Pooles dynamic is totally different and I would argue its much easier for you to get a a steady fan base, especially when you've had the same race night for donkeys years. 

BV have suffered massive trauma moving to a Monday. 

We've lost about 600 off our regular crowds. 

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

The attendance at poole on Wednesday was just over 1400 fact

It's a bit of a pointless debate. 

BV on a Friday would have the highest crowds in the sport, and its as simple as that. (in the UK) 

Edited by acef